IGNORED

No new chelsea stadium

pillred

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Talking a line from his great mate (and fan) Wally................evolution NOT revaluation!

Could put a couple of tents up. I suppose ! :P

Maybe he’s heard about Wally’s wealth and what a lovely bloke he is. Could be looking to sell ........

Wasn’t there a single house delaying this?  The owners refused to move and the club had tried every bribe possible, but without this one property gone it was a non starter, or very very difficult.

32 minutes ago, RedM said:

Wasn’t there a single house delaying this?  The owners refused to move and the club had tried every bribe possible, but without this one property gone it was a non starter, or very very difficult.

There was but that's over and Chelsea were always going to win out on that even through the proper channels - the solution was for the council to compulsory purchase and the legals behind that, alternatives and yeah offering them large sums to walk, were being checked out. 

It's the right outcome in my opinion, one family should not be able to veto that sort of development, even if it is hanging. 

38 minutes ago, RedM said:

That happened in Liverpool too many years back didn’t it? One old lady (Elizabeth Pascoe) refused to leave the house she’d grown up in and the club basically had to wait for her to eventually pass on before they could develop the stand on Edge Lane...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That happened in Liverpool too many years back didn’t it? One old lady refused to leave the house she’d grown up in and the club basically had to wait for her to eventually pass on before they could develop the Anfield Road Stand....

If/when we want to redevelop the Atyeo were almost certain to face one final owner who can smell a pay day too. 

If Mark Ashton approaches valuing the deal like he does some of his signings Christ only knows what they're going to get. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That happened in Liverpool too many years back didn’t it? One old lady (Elizabeth Pascoe) refused to leave the house she’d grown up in and the club basically had to wait for her to eventually pass on before they could develop the stand on Edge Lane...

Yes, I didn’t know the full details but yes that was very similar. It looks like in Chelsea’s case this hurdle has been overcome according to @29AR‘s info. 

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes, I didn’t know the full details but yes that was very similar. It looks like in Chelsea’s case this hurdle has been overcome according to @29AR‘s info. 

Oh it's a long and messy process still. I think the way it played out was Chelsea tried everything commercial they could, a deal couldn't be done, some bright spark suggested the council compulsory purchase. That had to be well above board so took time to arrange. Then the family tried to get an injunction to stop the council buying - presumably funded by Chelsea so that needed to be checked out. 

I can't remember if they failed to get the injunction or pulled out in the end. If they failed, that may be the precedent - albeit a stadium was dependent on it, not a stand, maybe. 

15 minutes ago, 29AR said:

There was but that's over and Chelsea were always going to win out on that even through the proper channels - the solution was for the council to compulsory purchase and the legals behind that, alternatives and yeah offering them large sums to walk, were being checked out. 

It's the right outcome in my opinion, one family should not be able to veto that sort of development, even if it is hanging. 

Not sure that's correct. It was being held up because a home owner claimed the stadium would block their right to light and they obtained an injunction stopping development......it's settled now though - presumably they were made an offer they couldn't refuse 

3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Not sure that's correct. It was being held up because a home owner claimed the stadium would block their right to light and they obtained an injunction stopping development......it's settled now though - presumably they were made an offer they couldn't refuse 

You're putting flesh on the bones :)

They already had the right to light and had the injunction, so to overcome that the council were to comp purchase an interest in the land and override the right to light injunction. 

Ultimately they were trying to get them to clear off - it wasn't the land (dimensionally) that was needed for the development, but it was the right to light that the land had. 

14 minutes ago, 29AR said:

If/when we want to redevelop the Atyeo were almost certain to face one final owner who can smell a pay day too. 

If Mark Ashton approaches valuing the deal like he does some of his signings Christ only knows what they're going to get. 

It will probably be his house... Cocky **** he's probably buying them off market as we speak... 

20 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

first bolt from the blue in the close season... Abramovich  announces he wishes to sell Chelsea... you heard it here first

It turns out he withdrew his visa application and didn`t have it refused after all according to the BBC. I wonder how in depth the background checks are for granting one nowadays and was he afraid something hidden thus far may come to light? It may be he`s just distancing himself from a post-Brexit UK though.

21 hours ago, 29AR said:

Maybe a whole Engvall....

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It turns out he withdrew his visa application and didn`t have it refused after all according to the BBC. I wonder how in depth the background checks are for granting one nowadays and was he afraid something hidden thus far may come to light? It may be he`s just distancing himself from a post-Brexit UK though.

wondered how long before Brexit got the blame.

Archived