IGNORED

World cup village

BasSavage88

Thinking of heading up tomorrow eve for England to watch outside as forecast looks ok. Is it any good? Is it likely to reach max capacity and mean people are turned away if cannot get there early? And can you take your own food and booze in to the outside fam zone bit? 

9 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Thinking of heading up tomorrow eve for England to watch outside as forecast looks ok. Is it any good? Is it likely to reach max capacity and mean people are turned away if cannot get there early? And can you take your own food and booze in to the outside fam zone bit? 

Take your own booze..? 

Some people really are incredible..!

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

If it’s outside then seems a reasonable question to me. 

You think it’s reasonable to go to a business, watch the game on their facilities, but take your own food and drink..?!

Yeah i meant in the same way they show Wimbledon in millennium square in the summer and it’s free and you can bring your own stuff. Guess now I think about it more that is prob public space whereas city is private so guess unlikely. Anyone been? Is it big enough for loads of people or is it likely to have capacity issues for an England game. Also wondered if the sound is any good/glare on screen a problem . I guess anyone who went to Spain v Portugal there could prob confirm 

10 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Yeah i meant in the same way they show Wimbledon in millennium square in the summer and it’s free and you can bring your own stuff. Guess now I think about it more that is prob public space whereas city is private so guess unlikely. Anyone been? Is it big enough for loads of people or is it likely to have capacity issues for an England game. Also wondered if the sound is any good/glare on screen a problem . I guess anyone who went to Spain v Portugal there could prob confirm 

I think it is meant to be quite cloudy tomorrow, so I don't imagine glare will be an option.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

You think it’s reasonable to go to a business, watch the game on their facilities, but take your own food and drink..?!

I’ve no idea on the set/up (or whether their is a fee to get in) but yeh if you go to loads of sporting events etc you can take your own food and drink.

56 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Basically this. 

1 hour ago, internetjef said:

You can clearly see the screen and hear the commentary from Halfords/KFC.       car park 

The World Cup is a huge financial boost for pubs and clubs and City are no exception. Make money while you can and nobody should have a problem with that.

Its my local club for the England game and it'll be packed whereas on any other Monday evening there hardly anyone there.

Archived