IGNORED

Possible new signing

Coombsy

Depending on what capacity your mate is in the ground for of course, it’s difficult to see into that Lansdown stand now from the outside. 

That said, I’m sure either JL or LJ said signings were close, and my god does the club need something positive to announce today! So I’m buying into it! 

9 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Depending on what capacity your mate is in the ground for of course, it’s difficult to see into that Lansdown stand now from the outside. 

That said, I’m sure either JL or LJ said signings were close, and my god does the club need something positive to announce today! So I’m buying into it! 

Didn't they say ten days on Monday?

1 minute ago, Antman said:

link?

ROBINS MOVE FOR IPSWICH MAN

Bristol City have moved quickly to replace Aden Flint. They have agreed a £5m deal with Ipswich for Adam Webster, Sky Sports News understands. 

It is believed the central defender is having a medical in Bristol this afternoon.

1 minute ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Tall, young, Championship experienced defender. Not gutted about this but does this rule out McQueen or will we recruit both to account for the loss of Mags?

The BP bloke said that Mcqueen was no longer a target (probably be announced tomorrow then) 

4 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Tall, young, Championship experienced defender. Not gutted about this but does this rule out McQueen or will we recruit both to account for the loss of Mags?

Don't see why it would, Webster would replace Flint, IF McQueen came in then Kelly would take the Mags role of being able to play LB and LCB

4 minutes ago, Super said:

ROBINS MOVE FOR IPSWICH MAN

Bristol City have moved quickly to replace Aden Flint. They have agreed a £5m deal with Ipswich for Adam Webster, Sky Sports News understands. 

It is believed the central defender is having a medical in Bristol this afternoon.

thanks, my search threw up old stories.

It does seem more than mad to sell Flint for the same as we are paying for this guy though (ignoring the 'add on's) Flint is totally proven and scores goals i would expect up front payment of at least £7.5M plus stuff

2 minutes ago, Antman said:

It does seem more than mad to sell Flint for the same as we are paying for this guy though (ignoring the 'add on's) Flint is totally proven and scores goals i would expect up front payment of at least £7.5M plus stuff

But we don't know what fee we have taken from Flint. Officially undisclosed, so unless someone knows for sure it's pure speculation.

Likewise the fee for Webster.

1 minute ago, Antman said:

You can’t “ignore add on’s” they are part of almost every transfer in football. 

If we’ve replaced Flint with a younger, well thought of defender, with championship experience, for £2million less than we’ve sold Flint for (who obviously wanted to go) then that’s pretty decent business. 

Archived