IGNORED

Seriously

OwlsonlineAdmin

Are you not chucking your cocks off at the Reid (if it is true), he had a cracking season last year no doubt but he could easily Be a Michael Ricketts and you've just banked 9m on him with a year left.

Yeah he could have gone to anywhere to Cardiff but come on, if SL reinvests it with the Flint money then you are fine.

From an outside view I expect some to offset FFP but you have a lot of credit in the bank still.

Not seen enough of Webster to judge but I think Flint in the last 6-8 months was found out on set pieces and couple of posters I know from other forums will know I don't rate him as a defender, his aura/personality masks his flaws.

16m .... you want Bannan? ;) See some of these in October for a drink

4 hours ago, OwlsonlineAdmin said:

Not seen enough of Webster to judge but I think Flint in the last 6-8 months was found out on set pieces and couple of posters I know from other forums will know I don't rate him as a defender, his aura/personality masks his flaws.

Nail. Head. You. 

If the reported fees for Aden and Bob are accurate, then in financial terms BCFC have done two excellent deals. How well we reinvest remains to be seen.

I love both these lads and don't begrudge them their big-bucks moves, well deserved.

I wish them well and will watch their future careers with interest, especially Bobby's (despite his questionable choice of new employer - hopefully he'll move on again before long). 

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I hope that Cardiff win 4 games next season. Each one 5-0 with Bobby scoring all 5 in each one. But I hope they lose every other game. That's what I'd ask for if I had a wish. Best of luck to him personally but sod Cardiff

Can’t they just lose every game 4-2, with Bobby scoring enough to bag us the extra million..?

56 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

If the reported fees for Aden and Bob are accurate, then in financial terms BCFC have done two excellent deals. How well we reinvest remains to be seen.

I love both these lads and don't begrudge them their big-bucks moves, well deserved.

I wish them well and will watch their future careers with interest, especially Bobby's (despite his questionable choice of new employer - hopefully he'll move on again before long). 

I would be surprised if Cardiff survive in the PL but Bob may do enough to get another PL move when they go down.

3 minutes ago, screech said:

I wouldn't be as concerned if LJ had a history of finding replacements, we've just lost two outstanding players in this squad and my fear is we will have 3 or 4 coming in that will be another load of shit to add to the pile.

I’d argue it isn’t LJ’s finding of replacements that is the problem. Most significantly he’s had to replace Kodjia and Abraham in his time here.. both times he’s succeeded.

The problem with his transfers aren’t replacements but ones to bulk out the squad. That’s where we‘ve largely gone wrong.

2 minutes ago, screech said:

I wouldn't be as concerned if LJ had a history of finding replacements, we've just lost two outstanding players in this squad and my fear is we will have 3 or 4 coming in that will be another load of shit to add to the pile.

Within 24 hours we replaced one outgoing with someone experienced at this level, for less money, that is on paper as good or better a defender. 

Our recruitment has been poor at times but that’s encouraging  

6 hours ago, OwlsonlineAdmin said:

posters I know from other forums will know I don't rate him as a defender, his aura/personality masks his flaws.

I've been saying that for ages and got slagged off for my view...........:disapointed2se:

What City will miss tho is his eye for a goal. He was always a threat at set plays.

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I've been saying that for ages and got slagged off for my view...........:disapointed2se:

What City will miss tho is his eye for a goal. He was always a threat at set plays.

I’m hoping that the new guy will tighten things up at the back and the goals we stop shipping will compensate for Flints usual seasons contribution.

32 minutes ago, General Zod said:

I’m hoping that the new guy will tighten things up at the back and the goals we stop shipping will compensate for Flints usual seasons contribution.

Flints strengths are obviously his height and stature. A typical head and kick it stopper of the old days. Very determined but limited when in possession and LJ and the coaches told him to keep it simple and lay off the ball to more skilled team mate and that advice really improved his game.

Hopefully the new bloke will be more comfortable in possession 

2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

everything is Football is as temporary as the cloud formation in the sky... and the sooner some realise it the better

Well said, my view exactly. Getting hot under the collar about players leaving is plain nonsence. They come and they go, our mantra should simply be next please.

12 hours ago, OwlsonlineAdmin said:

Are you not chucking your cocks off at the Reid (if it is true), he had a cracking season last year no doubt but he could easily Be a Michael Ricketts and you've just banked 9m on him with a year left.

Yeah he could have gone to anywhere to Cardiff but come on, if SL reinvests it with the Flint money then you are fine.

From an outside view I expect some to offset FFP but you have a lot of credit in the bank still.

I'm content Walkley, 10m for a player with 1 year left is decent but still p*ssed off about Flint.

Marriott and Webster for my money aren't as good as Reid and Flint currently but suppose we've made a profit.

Would love Bannan as you know, wouldn't mind a fit and healthy Kieran Lee either :D

13 hours ago, OwlsonlineAdmin said:

i agree, i think weve done well selling reid for £10m, really do. Is he really worth £10m, based on ONE season? 

He may well be, but i dont think he will, IMO.

I don't get the 'anywhere but Cardiff' slating of Reid. Surely they are just noisy neighbours, they are not our rivals and never will be. Not even up to Swindon level are they? I will predict that as some stage in the next 2-3 years that the roles will be reversed and we will be pinching their best when we go up and they are on the way back down. 

Anyway although gutted Bobby has moved on, I have nothing but sincere wishes that he takes his chance and proves to be a hit in the Premier League. Tammy has shown how difficult it is as a striker to make the transition to the top league, especially at a struggling side. 

I also think the timing of the bid has allowed us to at least re-invest before the season starts unlike the Kodjia situation. As owl says, good money so lets see where it gets invested!

4 minutes ago, hantsred said:

I don't get the 'anywhere but Cardiff' slating of Reid. Surely they are just noisy neighbours, they are not our rivals and never will be. Not even up to Swindon level are they? I will predict that as some stage in the next 2-3 years that the roles will be reversed and we will be pinching their best when we go up and they are on the way back down. 

Anyway although gutted Bobby has moved on, I have nothing but sincere wishes that he takes his chance and proves to be a hit in the Premier League. Tammy has shown how difficult it is as a striker to make the transition to the top league, especially at a struggling side. 

I also think the timing of the bid has allowed us to at least re-invest before the season starts unlike the Kodjia situation. As owl says, good money so lets see where it gets invested!

I think it’s a generational thing. A whole generation has grown up never knowing competitive football against Rovers. Younger fans will see Cardiff as a much bigger rival than Rovers. 

Theryre very definitely a ‘proper’ rival IMO. 

7 hours ago, screech said:

These people have feelings you know.

I don’t want any player that doesn’t want to be at Bristol City F.C as simple as that. Flint and Bobby were superb for us but left for more money and PL football we as a club move on and try to replace them and try to reinvest the money to make us better. I would prefer to look after my football club and not breach any FFP rules and progress year by year and do things the right way.

Archived