IGNORED

Zak has signed a new 3 year deal.

Bristol Rob

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

Personally, I’d play Vyner. Let him have a season developing in our first team. Otherwise he’ll never be ready.

8 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

So, our highly rated centre-back who performed excellently in League 1 isn't good enough to play in the Championship................................................................, for City.

:gaah:

You say that now, but like all young players he will be learning from his mistakes. Which environment do you think will be more forgiving, 20000 City fans or 5000 Rotherham fans who know he is just on loan?

In many respects, I'm a bit sad that Zak will not be playing for City in the Championship this season. I believe that he and Kelly will be comfortable at this level and I am also sure that the great majority of our supporters will understand if mistakes are made by them. 

However, I can also see that to have two rookies in our back four could be detrimental to our performances and results. So I can therefore agree with the policy if letting another club in the same league, bear the brunt of Zak's "learning year". 

So best wishes to Zak for a successful season. 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

You say that now, but like all young players he will be learning from his mistakes. Which environment do you think will be more forgiving, 20000 City fans or 5000 Rotherham fans who know he is just on loan?

If anything he’ll get away with more here because he’s ‘one of our own’

One excellent season and he’s worth £5M+. Worst case scenario is he learns from his mistakes, as you say.

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

One excellent season and he’s worth £5M+. Worst case scenario is he learns from his mistakes, as you say.

I wish that were true, but I have seen many a kid berated for exactly the reason you are giving, unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, David Brent said:

oh that isn't true, are home grown players get far more stick then signings, you only have to look at the stick Bryan Skuse, Reid, Myre-Williams, all took

32 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I wish that were true, but I have seen many a kid berated for exactly the reason you are giving, unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

oh that isn't true, are home grown players get far more stick then signings, you only have to look at the stick Bryan Skuse, Reid, Myre-Williams, all took

On second thoughts, I take it back. 

15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Haha, forgot about him. I remember his debut at Southend. I thought he was going to have a far better career than he's actually had.

Good move for all, Vyner gets (hopefully) regular first team championships football, we don't have to risk a young player to see if they can play this standard and if he does very well we could recall him in January. 

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Surely must be another CB coming in for this to have been finalised. Baker, Webster and Wright....only takes one injury and no real backup. 

Unless Kelly or Pisano are used as back ups? Or we may be keeping Taylor Moore around - dependant on how he's developed?

It's a shame he's not getting a chance here, but if there's a distinction between playing for a newly-promoted Championship team and playing for us, then it "should" bode well that the club sees itself as challenging this season.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time the board and the manager have been deluded towards our actual position. My hope is that we're close to signing a replacement for Flint, otherwise we might have shot ourselves in the foot in terms of getting rinsed for a new signing.

10 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

My hope is that we're close to signing a replacement for Flint, otherwise we might have shot ourselves in the foot in terms of getting rinsed for a new signing.

I hear we are pretty close to signing this lad called Webster from Ipswich!

Archived