IGNORED

Djuric - Signed for Salernitana CONFIRMED

Pisano The God

4 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Diedhiou wins less than half the headers he goes for, Djuric wins 90%. Against Palace's premiership centre backs he was unplayable, if after his ops he could get close to that form (and accept this is unknown) he would be a tremendous asset.

What’s the source of the stats?

I like him but probably not for the right reasons. when I saw him play,i thought it was brilliant to  see one of our players standing firm not getting pushed off the ball.exactly the type we need when our forwards are getting battered. wilbs was similar

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Nice straw man. You know exactly what I was saying, it’s completely possible to use a big arguably cumbersome targetman whilst largely utilising a passing style. 

It is , but they have to be mobile Milan isn't, and the two you use as an example are.

Duric scored at a rate of about 1 goal every 135 minutes last season (roughly) which is 2 goals every three games. That's a phenomenal strike rate for a guy who was often injured and usually came on towards the end of games. If we get offered decent money for him, then fair enough. But we'll be losing a player who (if we can keep fit) could be a big contributor next season. Of course, if he's not happy with a subs role then fair enough and I'll wish him well, but we'll be losing a good player

20 hours ago, Negan said:

Can remember when we signed him Cesena wanted us to take him on loan from jan to the end of the season with an option to but we decided to splash 1.5 million on him. How much will we be losing now? No doubt a talent but again more money wasted... 4 million on Gustav and Djuric, will we see even a million back? Crazy numbers when you look at it... 

We spent 3 million on them both, not 4...

I think what some people fail to see is that having someone who doesn’t fit your style of play is quite often a good thing, If you’re playing a team with 10 men behind the ball stifling every attack, you need that different dimension to switch things up. If passing/possession football isn’t working you need that different dimension to revert to, and that’s what Djuric gives us, and it’s worked a few times for us!

11 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

I think what some people fail to see is that having someone who doesn’t fit your style of play is quite often a good thing, If you’re playing a team with 10 men behind the ball stifling every attack, you need that different dimension to switch things up. If passing/possession football isn’t working you need that different dimension to revert to, and that’s what Djuric gives us, and it’s worked a few times for us!

I think that's less and less the case in the modern game. Take the current England team as an example. They have faced teams with a variety of tactics but struck to their way of playing, including against a Tunisia team who packed the defence in the second half, and it has delivered.

Gone are the days when England would have brought on a big man and pumped high balls towards him.

Provided you have options on the bench who fit your style of play you can change personnel to freshen things up without changing your way of playing - again as England did against Tunisia.

It seems to me that for the best teams plan B is often to double down on plan A!

On 07/07/2018 at 10:26, Major Isewater said:

I wouldn't be very happy to see him go . We got him put right as regards a longstanding injury and it's this year that we should see the benefits.

We did the same for GON it's a bit exasperating .

If this is true I can only imagine City are preparing the way for a big money signing ( Marriott ? ) or we are in for a completely different style of play next season.

Are City bringing in McGoldrick to replace Djuric ? 

Hope not more injury prone than Duric I think he puts in a shift when he plays and has turned a few games in our favour

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:07, Loosey Boy said:

I would say that if Duric was to go, Prem loan would be most likely unless, we are still interested in Marriott?

Gonna have a virtually brand new starting eleven at this rate!

I'm not going to be popular for saying it but the way our season imploded in the league maybe that would not entirely be a bad thing, not all the players were at fault but an injection of new blood could be just what we need.

I’d love to see him stay, i’m a big (heh) fan of the lad. He’s our Andy Carroll and I’ve always got room for an Andy Carroll, it’s never gonna be a bad thing to have a massive striker to bring on and just disorient defences and smash them about a bit. His record for us is pretty decent, but even if it wasn’t he’s still doing the “Heskey” job. 

I can see him leaving though, we seem to be clearing out a lot and I have to imagine he was signed on Mags’ recommendation. There’s not much money kicking around in Serie B so if he does go, I don’t think we’re getting our money back. Might as well keep him. 

My judgement is that Milan is an honourable sort of bloke.. The type of bloke to appreciate all the care we gave him last season. Steve Allen got him playing again and you could see Milan's gratitude when he got his comeback goal.

He's got a lot of unfinished stuff all bound up with Bristol City and as had been said he is the perfect impact player. So the only reason he might leave is if he's given the wrong messages by our staff.

16 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

My judgement is that Milan is an honourable sort of bloke.. The type of bloke to appreciate all the care we gave him last season. Steve Allen got him playing again and you could see Milan's gratitude when he got his comeback goal.

He's got a lot of unfinished stuff all bound up with Bristol City and as had been said he is the perfect impact player. So the only reason he might leave is if he's given the wrong messages by our staff.

Seen a few Tweets of papers/websites saying he's agreed terms and they are waiting on City. Hoe reliable these are is anyones guess.

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 15.46.03.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 15.46.11.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 15.47.28.png

39 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

I think he probably will leave to get regular game time. 

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I think he probably will leave to get regular game time. 

He could well do. He`s made no secret that he wants to get back playing international football and he`s not going to get that with twenty minutes here and there for us. It will be a shame if he does go though, I like him a lot.

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Seen a few Tweets of papers/websites saying he's agreed terms and they are waiting on City. Hoe reliable these are is anyones guess.

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 15.46.03.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 15.46.11.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 15.47.28.png

i've found reports too - they all seem to stem from that original story though.

plus how does/can a player agree terms before a transfer is agreed???

If this the Italian club trying to tap him up, we should ensure the fee is hefty!

10 hours ago, chinapig said:

I think that's less and less the case in the modern game. Take the current England team as an example. They have faced teams with a variety of tactics but struck to their way of playing, including against a Tunisia team who packed the defence in the second half, and it has delivered.

Gone are the days when England would have brought on a big man and pumped high balls towards him.

Provided you have options on the bench who fit your style of play you can change personnel to freshen things up without changing your way of playing - again as England did against Tunisia.

It seems to me that for the best teams plan B is often to double down on plan A!

I read an article about Guardiola recently.

In it, the writer said that Pep doesn't have a plan B - he just concentrates on perfecting plan A so that opposition teams cannot contend with it.

16 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I read an article about Guardiola recently.

In it, the writer said that Pep doesn't have a plan B - he just concentrates on perfecting plan A so that opposition teams cannot contend with it.

Bet he wished he had a plan B for Liverpool.

Hard working physical threat from set pieces.

Regularly injured cost over a million and will always be a bit part player.

Another European signing which has proven to be a disappointment....not the disaster of Engvall.

Please, let's focus on quality English talent. 

Djuric. Thanks for the service. But time to go.

Archived