IGNORED

Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town

Leveller

As this is on Saturday at 1pm, it is now due to end just before the England v Belgium match starts at 3pm.

This leads to implications - ie if we turn up for the friendly, will we then have access to a screening of the England game?

I was thinking of coming up (it’s 40 miles) but starting to have second thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

As this is on Saturday at 1pm, it is now due to end just before the England v Belgium match starts at 3pm.

This leads to implications - ie if we turn up for the friendly, will we then have access to a screening of the England game?

I was thinking of coming up (it’s 40 miles) but starting to have second thoughts.

I think City are promoting it as  being shown in the fan park after the match on the OS

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bumper-football-weekend-at-ashton-gate/

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Yes the game is on the big screen and it’s free entry with no tickets. Not that I’m bothered mind. 

30 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Yes the game is on the big screen and it’s free entry with no tickets. Not that I’m bothered mind. 

I agree what an arse of an idea , a loser's final .

Who the frock wants to play for third place ?

I am pretty sure most players would want to go home to their families and clubs instead of having salt rubbed into the wounds.

This is what you could have won .

IMG_0306.JPG

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I am pretty sure most players would want to go home to their families and clubs instead of having salt rubbed into the wounds.

IMG_0306.JPG

Yup, agreed. Hard to get motivated for that match for the players and the fans. There should be no third place play off, this isn’t the olympics.

Trouble is for me I would have much rather seen England play Belgium ( properly) than France (long standing dislike) v Croatia (recent dislike :boxing:). 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

IMG_0306.JPG

It was this or the speed boat.....

Normally i would agree that this is a game nobody wants to take part in, however given

that everybody expected England to come home at the last 16 stage, this is a good

opportunity for England to be able to say we finished THIRD or even FOURTH is better

thann last 16

12 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

What can save it is the good weather. Who cares about a pre season friendly and a game that not should be played?

8 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

One single life should not be wasted on total bullshit

6 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

KIss your granny. Say hi to the man/women on the street. Do something that possibly is of some importance

That's 10 minutes of your life you'll not get back!

Had a look earlier, seems to be selling really poorly. I'll be going, but £11 to watch a City vs Shrewsbury friendly is quite steep imo. 

Only the Lansdown is open, looks a lot less than when we played Pompey a couple of years ago. 

12 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Had a look earlier, seems to be selling really poorly. I'll be going, but £11 to watch a City vs Shrewsbury friendly is quite steep imo. 

Only the Lansdown is open, looks a lot less than when we played Pompey a couple of years ago. 

Should be 5 pound max.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

A team who lead the division below for the majority of the season.

Not that bad really.

Suspect you're doing the typical lazy complaint because they aren't a 'name' team

It could be a decent test but it isn't terribly attractive, tbh.

We last played Shrewsbury at home when we were at one of our lowest ebbs, under O'Driscoll and scrapped to a win over there under Cotts as we were fighting our way out of a relegation scrap in League One.

So it definitely isn't a terribly attractive game no- but it could be competitive, two different debates though IMO.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It could be a decent test but it isn't terribly attractive, tbh.

We last played Shrewsbury at home when we were at one of our lowest ebbs, under O'Driscoll and scrapped to a win over there under Cotts as we were fighting our way out of a relegation scrap in League One.

So it definitely isn't a terribly attractive game no- but it could be competitive, two different debates though IMO.

I'd rather we had a relatively competetive game than played against a 'big club' for the sake of it being a 'big club'

When I go it is to watch City, not the opposition.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

I'd rather we had a relatively competetive game than played against a 'big club' for the sake of it being a 'big club'

When I go it is to watch City, not the opposition.

Fair- but looking at some of the friendlies other Championship clubs have got in recent times, it would be nice...

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair- but looking at some of the friendlies other Championship clubs have got in recent times, it would be nice...

We played a side last year that have spent the majority of the last decade playing in the Europa League.

And from the Dutch league, not the Armenian or Estonian ones.

14 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

We played a side last year that have spent the majority of the last decade playing in the Europa League.

And from the Dutch league, not the Armenian or Estonian ones.

That's actually quite decent yeah.

Then again, in recent years, off the top of my head.

• Bournemouth played Real Madrid
  • Leicester played Real Madrid
  • Shrewsbury- Shrewsbury- played Galatasaray
  • This summer, Sheffield United are playing Inter Milan.

All those- even Galatasaray- are above Twente IMO.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's actually quite decent yeah.

Then again, in recent years, off the top of my head.

• Bournemouth played Real Madrid
  • Leicester played Real Madrid
  • Shrewsbury- Shrewsbury FFS- played Galatasaray
  • This summer, Sheffield United are playing Inter Milan.

All those- even Galatasaray- are above Twente IMO.

I don't fancy paying £60 a ticket for a preseason friendly like the Bournouth fans did.

Much rather see a game for £10

Archived