IGNORED

Upfest at Ashton gate?

AshtonPark

17 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Hi all 

it’s upfest again this weekend, does anyone know if Ashton gate is opening the lansdown for kids activities again etc?

i haven’t seen it advertised , so I’m guessing not. Maybe one for @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Thanks 

It's listed on the Upfest site as having children's workshops but seems a little light on the full details... https://www.upfest.co.uk/festival-venues

Amongst other things at Ashton Gatethere's planned to be NACOA kids crafts - face painting, picture painting, biscuit decorating and badge making - over the weekend. On the Saturday there'll be collaborative painting (11 & 3) and on the Sunday - "Rainbow Gecko Bubbles", "Bordeaux Arts and Crafts" and "Sketch Factory".

There will also be live painting by 60+ artists inside and out (list here https://www.upfest.co.uk/uploads/upfest-2018-map.pdf), art sales and music as mentioned above.

If you're about on the Monday, there's a kids' activity day at the Tobacco Factory from 11am-4pm (Free)

4 hours ago, Olé said:

From the map/leaflet:

1715303430_ScreenShot2018-07-24at21_17_11.png.ae3185f4666a9e63fb8255f70bed38ea.png

3 hours ago, tommy32 said:

Sounds like a list of characters from the Fast Show! 

Without my reading glasses on, I thought that list included Sven Goran Eriksson, Morcheeba, John Leslie, Paul Weller and The Selector. :ermm:

9 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Hi all 

it’s upfest again this weekend, does anyone know if Ashton gate is opening the lansdown for kids activities again etc?

i haven’t seen it advertised , so I’m guessing not. Maybe one for @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Thanks 

Morning, it looks like your question has been answered already. To be honest I only really get involved with things happening from a football perspective but if you want any more information on Upfest I can ask the Ashton Gate team on your behalf. Feel free to drop me an email and I’ll pass onto the right person in the stadium team for you. 

Matt

2 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Morning, it looks like your question has been answered already. To be honest I only really get involved with things happening from a football perspective but if you want any more information on Upfest I can ask the Ashton Gate team on your behalf. Feel free to drop me an email and I’ll pass onto the right person in the stadium team for you. 

Matt

Sorry Matt! I didn’t mean for you to know the ins and outs, more if upfest was being held down the ground.

Last year the club put it on the website quite a few times that was all. Thank you!

That is a shame but it's a huge undertaking to prepare. Here's a little Xmas treat to be going on with courtesy of this year's Upfest fund raiser.

A Robin overlooking South Bristol and Ashton Gate, by the brilliant Aspire.

B35A570C-3657-4280-890D-F8E4B09B3108.thumb.jpeg.6cd65cccc66011a9d93dcf42661dc38e.jpeg

17 hours ago, Olé said:

That is a shame but it's a huge undertaking to prepare. Here's a little Xmas treat to be going on with courtesy of this year's Upfest fund raiser.

A Robin overlooking South Bristol and Ashton Gate, by the brilliant Aspire.

B35A570C-3657-4280-890D-F8E4B09B3108.thumb.jpeg.6cd65cccc66011a9d93dcf42661dc38e.jpeg

It is a shame, I guess it'll give them more time to raise sponsorship etc. Got s couple of bits over the years. The good lady got me a Cheo Robin for Christmas a few years ago, now a permanent fixture.

IMG_4887.JPG

12 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

With almost 400 street artists from around the world taking part, staging an event like Upfest must be a logistical nightmare.

It's grown into a monster over the past 10 years.

Made our fair City in to the European capital of street art. Makes I proud I tells thee.

19 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Boa Festa Ole, and thanks for your excellent match reports.

I would like to second that................I rarely bother with the main site match report, preferring the Indepth honest version from Ole.......so a big thankyou from me too!  ?

Archived