IGNORED

Luke Steele

GrahamC

Signing for Forest, so probably going to be on the bench against us on Saturday, which is pretty ironic when you consider at present we still don’t have a fit senior keeper available.

Can’t believe we ever thought we’d be this close to the start of the season & not to have replaced him.

Also means Forest now have 4 senior keepers (!) one of whom, Jordan Smith, I thought looked decent at AG last season.

At present none of the other players we released (O’Neil, Golbourne or Garita) have managed to find new clubs with the new season just 4 days away.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well until he finds a club he is a zero earner. 

Given his family didn’t want to move from London then Bolton is a very strange choice 

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Given his family didn’t want to move from London then Bolton is a very strange choice 

Er indoors probably had a gander at Right Move and realised that the difference between property prices in London and Bristol probably equates to a hot tub, horses, stables and one of them driveways that has its own postcode.... When you move to Bolton.

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Superb V Man Utd. Not massively convincing in the league games he got when FF was out. 

he was good in the cup games but his distribution is almost as bad as frankies and had some suspect positioning in some games

15 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Er indoors probably had a gander at Right Move and realised that the difference between property prices in London and Bristol probably equates to a hot tub, horses, stables and one of them driveways that has its own postcode.... When you move to Bolton.

I doubt if that would sway him. His daughter is enrolled in one of the London based theatre schools, gets parts in the West End eg pantos etc and possibly tv work and so the family stayed in London so she could attend daily.

6 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Thought the wall let him down to be fair. Bobby messed up a bit there

he was unsighted so its hard to get down quick enough to save it, if I was being critical of it he sshould of tried to save it with his feet, but can't really place te blame on him (unless it was frankie he would of got the blame)

59 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he was good in the cup games but his distribution is almost as bad as frankies and had some suspect positioning in some games

I thought (going mainly on the televised games) that the games in which Steele played really highlighted how good Frank Fielding's distribution was. Steele was a competent keeper but his passing wasn't great.

2 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I thought (going mainly on the televised games) that the games in which Steele played really highlighted how good Frank Fielding's distribution was. Steele was a competent keeper but his passing wasn't great.

indeed, sadly he seems to be the scapegoat now and fans will turn on him as soon as 1 kick goes out of play

12 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Thought he was decent... a solid run of games would have only seen him get better,

he had a couple of games, came on against wolves and conceded, then conceded 5 against villa and conceded another 2 against watford, harsh to blame him for any though,

I think the club dropped a clanger with Steele.

But I don't think Luke had any intention in staying here.

Before the Man Utd game, Lee bigged up Steele's professionalism and how he was very much the clubs Cup keeper, however when Frankie got himself sent off against Wolves, it gifted Luke a couple of league appearances and also against Watford in the FA Cup. Having not played for a few games, Frankie was given the goalkeeper spot for both game against Man City despite Steele in Johnson's own words, being the cup keeper. I would not be surprised if this disappointed Steele and if anything he felt let down by Johnson and the club. He had played in every round and did not deserve to lose his place, especially for what was the biggest game. My own feeling is from that day on, Steele had no intention of staying with us, as the club went back on it's word to him.

I notice he only came here on a 1 year deal, without an extension option, had he had one, I'm sure the club would have activated it. It's interesting how Niki M got a 1 year deal with an extension option, so clearly the club learning from it's mistake with Steele. 

22 hours ago, Monkeh said:

he had a couple of games, came on against wolves and conceded, then conceded 5 against villa and conceded another 2 against watford, harsh to blame him for any though,

Three against Watford.

57 minutes ago, city123456 said:

I think the club dropped a clanger with Steele.

But I don't think Luke had any intention in staying here.

Before the Man Utd game, Lee bigged up Steele's professionalism and how he was very much the clubs Cup keeper, however when Frankie got himself sent off against Wolves, it gifted Luke a couple of league appearances and also against Watford in the FA Cup. Having not played for a few games, Frankie was given the goalkeeper spot for both game against Man City despite Steele in Johnson's own words, being the cup keeper. I would not be surprised if this disappointed Steele and if anything he felt let down by Johnson and the club. He had played in every round and did not deserve to lose his place, especially for what was the biggest game. My own feeling is from that day on, Steele had no intention of staying with us, as the club went back on it's word to him.

I notice he only came here on a 1 year deal, without an extension option, had he had one, I'm sure the club would have activated it. It's interesting how Niki M got a 1 year deal with an extension option, so clearly the club learning from it's mistake with Steele. 

Three against Watford.

No he wasn't !!!

41 minutes ago, Big C said:

No he wasn't !!!

Yeah pretty sure Steele played the 2nd of those games. The impression I get is - Steele wanted a number 1 spot, he came in to compete with FF and couldn't dislodge him. He decided to move on and try and find another oportunity and that hasn't presented itself at the level he wanted and he is chancing his arm at winning number one spot at Forest.

Archived