IGNORED

Luke Steele

GrahamC

8 hours ago, city123456 said:

I think the club dropped a clanger with Steele.

But I don't think Luke had any intention in staying here.

Before the Man Utd game, Lee bigged up Steele's professionalism and how he was very much the clubs Cup keeper, however when Frankie got himself sent off against Wolves, it gifted Luke a couple of league appearances and also against Watford in the FA Cup. Having not played for a few games, Frankie was given the goalkeeper spot for both game against Man City despite Steele in Johnson's own words, being the cup keeper. I would not be surprised if this disappointed Steele and if anything he felt let down by Johnson and the club. He had played in every round and did not deserve to lose his place, especially for what was the biggest game. My own feeling is from that day on, Steele had no intention of staying with us, as the club went back on it's word to him.

I notice he only came here on a 1 year deal, without an extension option, had he had one, I'm sure the club would have activated it. It's interesting how Niki M got a 1 year deal with an extension option, so clearly the club learning from it's mistake with Steele. 

Three against Watford.

Agree with some of what you've said, but we did have the option of a further year with Steele. The club chose not to utilise it. https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-complete-steele-deal/

Archived