IGNORED

Weimann and Famara could just be the dream partnership

Top Robin

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Paterson as it stands.  But could all change over the next 4 games.

Pato took his goal well and was starting to look better after it. I recon these next four games are make or break for him....if he's given another chance.

12 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Pato took his goal well and was starting to look better after it. I recon these next four games are make or break for him....if he's given another chance.

You’re right, that goal might get him firing and full of confidence.

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

Can't wait to see this pair start playing together......could be the boost we need to really kickstart the season. Only concern is we don't really want Weimann dropping back too deep as he seems to be thriving up top.

How would you set up the team in this instance?

How would you accommodate Weimann and Diedhiou considering how a fair few sides in this League increasingly set up?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How would you set up the team in this instance?

How would you accommodate Weimann and Diedhiou considering how a fair few sides in this League increasingly set up?

Weimann will have to play the old Bobby role.....seems mobile and skilful enough 

48 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Weimann will have to play the old Bobby role.....seems mobile and skilful enough 

Yeah I can see that as a viable way forward. Reid and Weimann? Similar attributes.

Question mark I have over it is the fact that (IMO) when we have two orthodox full backs that probably boosts us offensively, 2 orthodox or similar to wingers the same.

The problem I have with it though is- and maybe in time having Webster and his undoubted capabilities on the ball will change this- is that it could leave us open v decent teams. Leeds at home? Preston at home first half too- There's counter evidence too of course, Wolves and Derby games to name 2?

For me though, personally, the best and most cohesive spell we played was the Paterson behind Reid innovation through December and I think we played it at Man City too?

Tactically, it may seem the same on paper but it surely had some subtle differences.

Anyway- time will tell, hope it's a great partnership, combo. On paper it definitely would be...nagging doubts about how it would affect the team though, especially between the lines etc.

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

That's good to know, didn't realise that. Even more of an incentive to beat Plymouth then :yes:

Cancel that Sniper 

apologies ive Been mislead

Just looked at dates and it looks like Carabao 2nd round is the week after the Swansea game which will be Famaras sixth 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Cancel that Sniper 

apologies ive Been mislead

Just looked at dates and it looks like Carabao 2nd round is the week after the Swansea game which will be Famaras sixth 

It’s different this season....the cup are usually matches 2 and 6, this season they are 3 and 7.  But means Fammy should be chomping at the bit to get some cup action (assuming we progress) ahead of returning to the league squad.

Archived