IGNORED

Team v Plymouth

JackiDziekanowski

20 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Ahhh you’re right. Beat Plymouth then Fam would be able to play in that 2nd round Carabao tie, on the 28/29th August. His first league game would potentially be Blackburn at home on 2nd Sep. 

I'd still say getting through is preferable.

If we went through I'd play Diedhiou in the second round, to give him a game to get up to speed before playing Blackburn.

12 hours ago, RedDave said:

Assuming Taylor Moore isnt injured, I am quite sure he will start

O’Leary
Pisano. Moore Wright Pring
 Watkins Smith Walsh Dasilva
           Taylor. Eisa

How on earth are you "quite sure"?  That implies at least 75%.  I bet that side doesn't start tomorrow.. 

1 minute ago, Ohbasso said:

Maenpaa

Pissano Webster Baker Da Silva

Watkins Smith Walsh O’Dowda

Taylor Eisa

Wild speculation.

None of us have inside info as to what kind of team LJ will play tomorrow. 

Me? I like to see Taylor start and score a hat trick to prove his critics wrong.........

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wild speculation.

Me? I like to see Taylor start and score a hat trick to prove his critics wrong.........

I envy the free time you have to perform such a pathetic persona on the forum of the team you so say support. You’ve probably got a half bar from getting a bite.

10 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Dont think Dasilva will start and probably wont even make the bench as only been back training for a week. No point risking him and Kelly needs more match practice.

They both need match practice. The only way DaSilva will get match fit is by playing 

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

I really don't care, it's another game that is of little interest really, the best that could be said it will give some fringe players a run out. 

not sure about cup matches, last season was great getting to the semi final and beating man utd, but the way it seemed to affect our season overall not sure in hindsight it was all worth it.

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

I really don't care, it's another game that is of little interest really, the best that could be said it will give some fringe players a run out. 

Was the thread title too cryptic for you..? We’re you expecting to find different content of discussion within it..?! 

Good to see the general opinion is to start with Matty Taylor, if he's not given more game time soon he'll start to believe games are only 10 minutes long !

Taylor Moore intrigues me, would really like to see him fit and starting against Plymouth.  Given his England background surely he should be making inroads to the team now.  An earlier post refers to 2 years time, that seems a long time away.  Also Taylor Moore's name fits the second part of the "on fire / we got" song best and Eisa the first part, so there are 3 on the team sheet.

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

I said I was quite sure Moore starts if he isnt injured. Johnson wants to give him game time.

Would like to see Moore fit and get a game.  I’m hoping the LJ "MTV Live" stuff wasn’t BS with Moore and that he really has had a good pre-season and LJ thinks he can push on as a CB.  I do think he’s got something.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Wild speculation.

Why would that prove the critics wrong?  Surely they’ll all come out and say he can only score v Lg1 and below?

Personally, it’s make or break for Matty.  He’s got to add more to his game than workrate.  His assists are welcome, and I saw a partnership that got the best out of him with Diedhiou in the cup games last season.  Why didn’t he slide Eisa in on Saturday?

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Personally, it’s make or break for Matty.  He’s got to add more to his game than workrate.  His assists are welcome, and I saw a partnership that got the best out of him with Diedhiou in the cup games last season.  Why didn’t he slide Eisa in on Saturday?

He did put Eisa in at the end but Eisa was tackled and the ball dribbled just past the post.

Hopefully Taylor is fully fit again after an injury plagued season and we’ll get to see him at it best.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He did put Eisa in at the end but Eisa was tackled and the ball dribbled just past the post.

Hopefully Taylor is fully fit again after an injury plagued season and we’ll get to see him at it best.

He tried to beat his man, when he should have played it across...under challenge the ball broke to Eisa who was now under pressure....the gilt edged chance had gone.  Had he just squared it, Eisa was free.  That split second decision to try to beat his man, cost us a very good chance.  It was still a chance when it came to Mo, but no longer an easier side-foot home.

i hope he is fully fit, he gives us a slightly different option.

10 hours ago, The Bard said:

How on earth are you "quite sure"?  That implies at least 75%.  I bet that side doesn't start tomorrow.. 

What’s the agreed sliding scale on sureness? 

Pretty sure up to 50%

Fairly sure 50%+ 

Quite sure 75% +

Absolutely sure 90%+

Anyway I’m looking forward to the game as it goes (absolutely sure of that) COYR ?⚪

8 hours ago, Float'n Over said:

Good to see the general opinion is to start with Matty Taylor, if he's not given more game time soon he'll start to believe games are only 10 minutes long !

Taylor Moore intrigues me, would really like to see him fit and starting against Plymouth.  Given his England background surely he should be making inroads to the team now.  An earlier post refers to 2 years time, that seems a long time away.  Also Taylor Moore's name fits the second part of the "on fire / we got" song best and Eisa the first part, so there are 3 on the team sheet.

Bobby and Joe weren't playing first team football at his age 

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Wild speculation.

Funny how you dismiss others opinions completely and then give your own.

Was the opening post not clear enough for you?

Maenpaa

Pisano Webster Baker Da Silva

O’Dowda Smith Walsh Watkins 

Taylor Eisa

10 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Funny how you dismiss others opinions completely and then give your own.

Was the opening post not clear enough for you?

Maenpaa

Pisano Webster Baker Da Silva

O’Dowda Smith Walsh Watkins 

Taylor Eisa

My point is - whatever team we fans would like to see it is ultimately just speculation. None of us know which players LJ feels need some minutes or which younger players he’d like to have a look at.

I could post the team I’d like to see but I’d almost certainly be way off the team LJ actually selects.i don’t have the inside info that he has - none of have.

11 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

Maenpaa

Pissano Webster Baker Da Silva

Watkins Smith Walsh O’Dowda

Taylor Eisa

I'm almost certain that the this will be our midfield and forward line, it's the back four and keeper which is harder to predict, I would think we'd almost certainly want to protect Baker & Webster for Saturday, but we are short on available CB's, maybe Kelly starting CB given that DaSilva is available as well? Perhaps Pisano might play CB as well given that Hunt is also available at the moment, Or Jens could play CB as well.

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My point is - whatever team we fans would like to see it is ultimately just speculation. None of us know which players LJ feels need some minutes or which younger players he’d like to have a look at.

I could post the team I’d like to see but I’d almost certainly be way off the team LJ actually selects.i don’t have the inside info that he has - none of have.

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Wild speculation.

You understand the point of a discussion forum, right? ?

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

What’s the agreed sliding scale on sureness? 

Pretty sure up to 50%

Fairly sure 50%+ 

Quite sure 75% +

Absolutely sure 90%+

Anyway I’m looking forward to the game as it goes (absolutely sure of that) COYR ?⚪

But not completely and utterly sure?

That’s the classic 110% in old money, I believe.

But I’m only fairly sure about that.

Archived