IGNORED

Time to get positive and back the club and team

keynshamred

This week there has been an unbelievable negative vibe on this forum. As fans and Supporters we now have two options.

Keep moaning, groaning at every mistake a player makes. Want the manager out, slag lansdown off! Or we can get behind the team tomorrow. Give the players a boost and get a reaction!! 

Managers from other clubs will always say, Bristol city Is a difficult place to get points!! So that, as supporters is our role. I've always thought under Johnson we always give a performance when the crowd is behind the team. Let's make it fortress Ashton again. Be proud and the 3 pts tomorrow will make the table look rosy again. Its only 2 games in to the season don't forget. CTID 

Yeah fair enough I'm on about tomorrow, not the forum. Just worried, everyone reading negativity all the time on here will get on the bandwagon, because they haven't a clue about football mainly. Then you get the moans and groans on a match day. That will and never will work. If players aren't trying then I would moan, but this set of players will always play for the shirt and give there best and may I add play for Johnson!!! Moaning when a player makes a mistake will never help the team. Positivity and a  team are likely to do the  right things and play to there potential. 

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

Yeah fair enough I'm on about tomorrow, not the forum. Just worried, everyone reading negativity all the time on here will get on the bandwagon, because they haven't a clue about football mainly. Then you get the moans and groans on a match day. That will and never will work. If players aren't trying then I would moan, but this set of players will always play for the shirt and give there best and may I add play for Johnson!!! Moaning when a player makes a mistake will never help the team. Positivity and a  team are likely to do the  right things and play to there potential. 

I don’t no if it’s because I’ve had a few but what you said there was absolute rubbish! 

11 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

This week there has been an unbelievable negative vibe on this forum. As fans and Supporters we now have two options.

Keep moaning, groaning at every mistake a player makes. Want the manager out, slag lansdown off! Or we can get behind the team tomorrow. Give the players a boost and get a reaction!! 

Managers from other clubs will always say, Bristol city Is a difficult place to get points!! So that, as supporters is our role. I've always thought under Johnson we always give a performance when the crowd is behind the team. Let's make it fortress Ashton again. Be proud and the 3 pts tomorrow will make the table look rosy again. Its only 2 games in to the season don't forget. CTID 

Sorry got to tell you since the mid 60s, that is how long iv been going.  Fans have always moaned like **** when not happy.

which being a City fan happens more seasons than not.

Yeah city fans seem to be the worst!! We could be top of the league and some of these miserable Bristolians would find something!! On our budget and size of the club we are where we should be.

A mid table championship team, which is where we will prob finish this year! No wonder so many Bristolians play football or go to prem league games, no patience or understanding of professional football. Best position we've been in years and yet supporters are still not happy!! 

We will get behind the team whatever we think about the HC and the players. But we have to get some kind of spark from those on the pitch.  Twenty minutes of effort from them does not and cannot get a crowd giving full and unqualified vocal support.

If they send us to sleep, we snore. If they show us the effort and cohesion we'll be as noisy as possible.

Just now, keynshamred said:

Yeah city fans seem to be the worst!! We could be top of the league and some of these miserable Bristolians would find something!! On our budget and size of the club we are where we should be.

A mid table championship team, which is where we will prob finish this year! No wonder so many Bristolians play football or go to prem league games,*no patience or understanding of professional football. Best position we've been in years and yet supporters are still not happy!! 

Four or five wins since 30 December 2017 is the reason for that. At present, if you think that is good enough for mid table obscurity, you are definitely living in Alice's Wonderland.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

We will get behind the team whatever we think about the HC and the players. But we have to get some kind of spark from those on the pitch.  Twenty minutes of effort from them does not and cannot get a crowd giving full and unqualified vocal support.

If they send us to sleep, we snore. If they show us the effort and cohesion we'll be as noisy as possible.

That isn’t true though, it’s just a bad excuse.

Against Sunderland last season we were fantastic, but the atmosphere was flatter than a steamrollered pancake.

6 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

A mid table championship team, which is where we will prob finish this year! No wonder so many Bristolians play football or go to prem league games, no patience or understanding of professional football. Best position we've been in years and yet supporters are still not happy!! 

Wow just wow! reading that just gave me a nose bleed. 

23 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

I think what fuels our frustration is seeing arguably smaller clubs than us, and there are many despite what a lot on here would have you believe get to the premier league  despite spending less having less support, coupled with being the 7th largest city you can understand the frustration, we seem to constantly under achieve, I believe we should expect to be in the top flight but am not holding my breath.

22 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Sorry have you ever read other teams forums?  Were no different to any other team in the country.

The hopes and asperations are the same everywhere, be it Torquay United or Sheff Wed.

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

That isn’t true though, it’s just a bad excuse.

Against Sunderland last season we were fantastic, but the atmosphere was flatter than a steamrollered pancake.

Once again someone on here using a superlative that is nonsense. We were not "Fantastic" against Sunderland. Against a very poor Sunderland team we scored three times in the first half. It was like taking candy from a baby. When you are three up at half time, the fans are nicely relaxed. When a game is as one sided as that was, it is difficult to get too excited about it. A close game, with two equally matched sides is where the crowd atmosphere is at it's best.

So in the first half the team did their jobs efficiently. In the second half they were poor.

As for the Sunderland game, it's ok for us fans to chill at 3-0 but not the players who performed very poorly that day. We could have sung and cheered all 50 minutes of the second half without any effect on the Sunderland come back. Blame the players for that one, not us!

11 minutes ago, pillred said:

I think what fuels our frustration is seeing arguably smaller clubs than us, and there are many despite what a lot on here would have you believe get to the premier league  despite spending less having less support and in some cases having spent less money, coupled with being the 7th largest city you can understand the frustration, we seem to constantly under achieve, I believe we should expect to be in the top flight but am not holding my breath.

Yeah of course we're all frustrated but we have now gone down a different route which seems to be giving us a good footing to succeed.

We've been down the spending route. Where did that get us? No where, lansdown had to keep getting us out of debt. Now we're trying to buy young players with potential and develop them.

Unfortunately sell as well, but that's out of our control when the players heads get turned and bigger clubs come in.

I think in the next 2/3 years when Johnson carries on learning the job and league, we will get there. Patience is the key to this and us as fans supporting the decisions this board makes!! 

At the end of the day Lansdown is the main man and will look after this club and if he thinks long term Johnson is the man, we should back him!! 

22 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

The cup run and massive injuries has a massive say in that!! We had some massive players missing during that time!! You can't say they weren't trying. There was definitely a burnout scenario and players out of form. Not a lack of effort or playing for the shirt!! 

When we had that run we had loads of injuries, when those players were back we couldn’t win an argument, cant agree that was due to burnout, more to do with issues behind the scenes, like LJ consistently selecting players that had no place on a training pitch

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

Yeah of course we're all frustrated but we have now gone down a different route which seems to be giving us a good footing to succeed.

We've been down the spending route. Where did that get us? No where, lansdown had to keep getting us out of debt. Now we're trying to buy young players with potential and develop them.

Unfortunately sell as well but that's out of our control when the players head gets turned bad bigger clubs come in. 

I think in the next 2/3 years when Johnson carries on learning the job and league, we will get there. Patience is the key to this and us as fans supporting the decisions this board makes!! 

At the end of the day Lansdown is the main man and will look after this club and if he thinks long term Johnson is the man, we should back him!! 

really hope you are right, have heard so many promises, am old enough to remember harry dolman at the end of every season he would say next year will be our year, well he was right eventually, hope you are as well. 

2 minutes ago, dave36 said:

When we had that run we had loads of injuries, when those players were back we couldn’t win an argument, cant agree that was due to burnout, more to do with issues behind the scenes, like LJ consistently selecting players that had no place on a training pitch

Was burnout the start of the run, alot of players playing every minute Saturday Tuesday all the time .

Then we had a hit on confidence which happens. Maybe too many changes, where Johnson went wrong. But at the end of the day was a good season and one of the best in years in a top top league!!

If so many want Johnson out which sounds like people do. What then, get another manager that starts all over again. That's worked before hasn't it. ? Back the club. Back the manager ffs!!! 

9 hours ago, Chappers said:

Alternatively people can post honest opinions about Coty highlighting both the good points and the weaknesses in the squad/ tactics

Yep, and I think there has been a fair bit of decent debate this week.  I think the cup defeat tipped the balance of two draws....unspectacular - not great, but not bad either.

9 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I think the spark can come from either the fans or the players.  I’ve seen both.  Sometimes we’re under the cosh, we get a reprieve and the crowd give it a big old “come on you reds” etc, and it spurs us into action.

I remember a lacklustre 0-1 start against Villa in 16/17 (Grealish volley)....it was flat on and off the pitch.  Suddenly Little thunders into a tackle and the whole momentum shifted, the fans became engaged, and we went on to win 3-1.  It was a great atmosphere that afternoon.

8 hours ago, keynshamred said:

Unfortunately sell as well, but that's out of our control when the players heads get turned and bigger clubs come in.

That's made me feel so much better. Thank you for posting.

I understand it all now.

There is a lot of difference between the atmosphere at the matches and this forum. On match days the atmosphere goes with the teams performance, generally the better we play the louder we get, and thats probably true of most clubs.

on the forum, there are a number on here who clearly have an anti LJ agenda, suspect Maenpas late save against Forest and City's comeback from two down at Bolton really fustrated them. Then the loss to Plymouth, OK it wasn't LJ's favoured starting eleven, it was a cup game and we dominated the match, but at last they couldn't contain themselves any longer. Which is why this forum has become what it is.

Honest opinion both positive and negative is fine, but what we have on here from a small group of posters is imo more than that, is is an agenda which i wish no part off

its easy to identify who i'm talking about, i had a pop at one of them recently, but to be honest i am fed up with it and will not be using this forum so much in future

COYR's , lets beat boro

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, and I think there has been a fair bit of decent debate this week.  I think the cup defeat tipped the balance of two draws....unspectacular - not great, but not bad either.

I think the spark can come from either the fans or the players.  I’ve seen both.  Sometimes we’re under the cosh, we get a reprieve and the crowd give it a big old “come on you reds” etc, and it spurs us into action.

I remember a lacklustre 0-1 start against Villa in 16/17 (Grealish volley)....it was flat on and off the pitch.  Suddenly Little thunders into a tackle and the whole momentum shifted, the fans became engaged, and we went on to win 3-1.  It was a great atmosphere that afternoon.

Dave, 

99% of the triggers happen on the pitch, just like Little's tackle. The crowd can occasionally spark it but not often. Last season it was too visible after New Year that many of the side were coasting, so mostly a dead atmosphere. 

I'm just glad I'm not on what Keynsham Red is on. 

I hope today that we conserve our energy in the first half, play sensibly and tightly. What seems to be the Johnson way, is to go flat out for twenty to thirty minutes and then have very little left for the second half. Then Boro will pick us off like apples off a tree in September. 

1 minute ago, Grey Fox said:

There is a lot of difference between the atmosphere at the matches and this forum. On match days the atmosphere goes with the teams performance, generally the better we play the louder we get, and thats probably true of most clubs.

on the forum, there are a number on here who clearly have an anti LJ agenda, suspect Maenpas late save against Forest and City's comeback from two down at Bolton really fustrated them. Then the loss to Plymouth, OK it wasn't LJ's favoured starting eleven, it was a cup game and we dominated the match, but at last they couldn't contain themselves any longer. Which is why this forum has become what it is.

Honest opinion both positive and negative is fine, but what we have on here from a small group of posters is imo more than that, is is an agenda which i wish no part off

its easy to identify who i'm talking about, i had a pop at one of them recently, but to be honest i am fed up with it and will not be using this forum so much in future

COYR's , lets beat boro

I don't like LJ for lots of football reasons. So do plenty of others.

But to suggest that we want our team, the one we have supported all our lives, to lose games just to get the manager the sack, is one of the worst insults anyone can level at us. 

As an example, I was pleased with a point in the end at Bolton. But devastated that we didn't snatch it at the end. 

9 hours ago, keynshamred said:

How do you support decisions if you think they are wrong. I always get behind the team at the game but will continue to express my opinion on the forum.And not some slavish worship of all things Lansdown and Johnson say and do.

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't like LJ for lots of football reasons. So do plenty of others.

But to suggest that we want our team, the one we have supported all our lives, to lose games just to get the manager the sack, is one of the worst insults anyone can level at us. 

As an example, I was pleased with a point in the end at Bolton. But devastated that we didn't snatch it at the end. 

Most people who are crucial of LJ would obviously always want the team to win.

There does seem to be one or two on here who appear to absolutely revel in defeat in a strange sort of way, the only time they start threads or post is after a defeat.

Archived