IGNORED

Bailey Wright

pl00peh91

Now that we have signed Kalas we are pretty well stocked for defenders. We have Kelly/Dasilva for LB, Webster/Baker/Kalas/Wright for CB and Hunt/Pisano for RB.

It appears that potentially Wright will be the fourth choice centre back and the third choice right back - do we think our ex-captain fantastic will have an influential season or do you think he will be a victim of our new influx of defenders and find himself out of the starting 11?

Obviously much will depend on form, injuries and formation but I think Bailey Wright may end up being utilised as a squad player only this season. Alternatively, if LJ decides that now we have the extra defender 352 is the preferred formation he could slot in easily at RCB.

Either way I'm now very happy that our squad on the defensive side looks a lot stronger than last season, in my opinion.

Think Kelly will be preferred at LB with Kalas being brought in, centre backs will be Wright/Kalas/Baker/Webster with Hegeler leaving in Jan/when his contract expires.

LJ has never showed any preference to play with 3 centre backs and wing backs so can't see him starting 4 games into a new season. 

I reckon bailey wright will be off in January. It does seem abit off a coincidence that after the shocking game he had towards the end of last season when substituted he has since had all kinds of niggles and subsequently not been fit. Previous to that he was always playing even through any niggles, just think either he does not really want to be back in the side or Lee has lost  some faith in him. Similar situation with heggler too at the moment although appreciate he did have a more serious injury last season. 

I think Kalas will end up a starter, and most likely Webster too - Baker is a monster some games and missing others, while I personally think Wright actually played better at right back than centrally last season.

For me the key question is who we set up in front of them to protect the back four.  I like both Pack and Brownhill, but think Pack sees himself as the more ‘forward thinking’ option but is actually less impactful in attack than Brownhill, and that they don’t ‘dovetail’ as well as either with Smith there - he will be a big miss.

Hope they improve their chemistry and Pack focuses on staying central, mopping up and helping us build from the back, giving Brownhill more freedom, as think that will be key moving forwards.

I cannot see Dasilva being a bit part player either, I cannot see Chelsea allowing him to come here to spent time on bench, or us paying a large wedge for a year for him not to be a planned regular. All very interesting how it plays out as players get over knocks 

in respect of Hegeler would also suspect he will be gone as does not to date perform to the standard we thought,  or fit in with our game.  Shame as clearly got fantastic pedigree 

7 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

Thinking it through I think that a back 5 of the following (utilising wing backs) could have a really nice balance to it:

Dasilva / Kelly / Webster / Wright or Kalas / Hunt

If he does go back 5 you’d have to question why he brought in so many wide players in the summer.

2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Don’t think there’s any value in playing Dasilva at right back or Hunt at left back.

You know he’s gone Left to Right, rather than Right to left.

Too many people forget he is primarily a centre back, and was forced to play large periods last year in a completely different role playing as an attacking full back, which for large parts he done admirably considering his lack of real pace and dribbling ability.

When player in the centre he’s pretty rock solid and I think we do miss his leadership skills there so imagine that him, Kalas, Webster and Baker will be rotated due to fitness, form, injuries and tactically. In my mind only Webster is a guaranteed starter at the moment as others have to prove themselves. 

11 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

Now that we have signed Kalas we are pretty well stocked for defenders. We have Kelly/Dasilva for LB, Webster/Baker/Kalas/Wright for CB and Hunt/Pisano for RB.

It appears that potentially Wright will be the fourth choice centre back and the third choice right back - do we think our ex-captain fantastic will have an influential season or do you think he will be a victim of our new influx of defenders and find himself out of the starting 11?

Obviously much will depend on form, injuries and formation but I think Bailey Wright may end up being utilised as a squad player only this season. Alternatively, if LJ decides that now we have the extra defender 352 is the preferred formation he could slot in easily at RCB.

Either way I'm now very happy that our squad on the defensive side looks a lot stronger than last season, in my opinion.

Thanks for not mentioning Hegeler 

9 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

BW called up to Australia training camp. Shame the media team are still using a photo of Flint in articles about Wright. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/wright-selected-for-socceroos-training-camp/

Not sure if this is a whoosh, or the article has changed, or what is going on...

I'm going to say it anyway.

That is not Flint, it's Wright.

2 hours ago, Taz said:

It's Wright. Check the tats on Flint...

279B275000000578-3040494-image-a-13_1429121923933.jpg

bailey-wright.jpg

That’s how I immediately identified them to, I looked on the OS and thought they must have changed the photo as it’s certainly Bailey. Flint hasn’t seen his arms bare like that for years! 

Archived