Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

havanatopia

Bristol City v Swansea City Match Day 5

Having no lifeboat when the ship is going down must be one of the most lingering 'end of my life' feelings. Slowly watching the vessel submerge itself with only a life jacket, not a shoreline in sight and in cold seas.

I am thinking of those who have experienced such a moment right now as I ramble on and say to all you fellow brilliant Bristol City fans, following our club through a little bit of treacle but mostly very runny vinegar, to take it away, take the match day and make it yours today. Mine is not the sinking ship but a washed up metaphor of it for another time.

Up the table.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Having no lifeboat when the ship is going down must be one of the most lingering 'end of my life' feelings. Slowly watching the vessel submerge itself with only a life jacket, not a shoreline in sight and in cold seas.

I am thinking of those who have experienced such a moment right now as I ramble on and say to all you fellow brilliant Bristol City fans, following our club through a little bit of treacle but mostly very runny vinegar, to take it away, take the match day and make it yours today. Mine is not the sinking ship but a washed up metaphor of it for another time.

Up the table.

Condensed Version

Swansea:

Hav's been on the wacky baccy again !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

Planning to watch on BCTV later.  Feeling a bit more upbeat following a better performance in midweek, but the Swans will provide a much stiffer test.

I guess LJ will not want to tinker with a winning formula too much other than to bring in the new CH in place of Eros alongside Webster with Kelly at LB and Hunt on the right.

I'm enjoying seeing a keeper who comes for crosses, comes out of his box and can kick a football in between the touchlines for a change.

A midfield of Watkins, Brownhill, Pack and Eliasson?  Or will we try a 352 formation?

Probably Andi & Matty up front again and now into game 5 of Fam's spitting ban.

All may depend on the fitness of one or two with knocks.

A win would propel us right up the table, but I would bemore than happy with a point today.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

Think Swansea will suit our style today. Two decent footballing teams, it’s just whether we can hurt them in the right areas and when it counts. They will punish us no doubt.

I’d like to see...

Maenpaa

Hunt            Kalas        Webster        Kelly

Brownhill      Pack       O’Dowda

Taylor         Weimann      Eliasson

Or maybe a 352 as LJ mentioned it in the preview...

Maenpaa

Kalas      Webster      Kelly                    

Hunt   Brownhill   Pack  O’Dowda  Eliasson 

Taylor    Weimann

43 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Up the table.

Blimey 'Hav.............it'll be seagulls & trawlers next...

COYR

• Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Think Swansea will suit our style today. Two decent footballing teams, it’s just whether we can hurt them in the right areas and when it counts. They will punish us no doubt.

Football manager cliche bingo ! 😜

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Condensed Version

Swansea:

i have not but its a fair shout...

Mods... Please amend the match day title to correctly place swansea before city... What was I thinking? HAHAHAHA..... OBVIOULSY does not apply to football sequences anymore just havin' a larf'. 

3-0 loss. Swansea are gonna run rings around us unfortunately.

So I've written it off already and to cheer myself up tonight, I've got the Youtuber boxing paid for (my son is a massive fan) and I can't stand Jake or Logan Paul so I'll be hoping they get battered into next week. :boxing:

Before Kalas was signed I would have feared for our defence as McBurnie would have caused us problems but assuming Kalas goes straight into the side I’m a little more hopeful of a positive result.

They are not a bad footballing side and play a similar style to us so it should be a good game to watch. Could go either way so would take a draw

6 minutes ago, ProjectMayhem said:

Heard rumours it's on international TV today so may be a stream hiding somewhere.. Anyone got any ideas?

found this from my iptv supplier "Stream added (iFollow: Swansea City v Bristol City)"

31 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

i have not but its a fair shout...

Mods... Please amend the match day title to correctly place swansea before city... What was I thinking? HAHAHAHA..... OBVIOULSY does not apply to football sequences anymore just havin' a larf'. 

We'll have none of that "larf and larking around" on here thank you Sir. This is a serious forum you know. :disapointed2se:🍻

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Condensed Version

Swansea:

...or post  honeymoon euphoria.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Up the table. 

Just Married -  Honeymoon 'period' ?   

• Hmmm 1

14 minutes ago, Buckobcfc said:

no he doesn't he remembers being there when we lost 7-1 while you were at the mem with gash!

Have a nice day up the mem. Don't hit your head on the tent posts. 

14 minutes ago, downendcity said:

...or post  honeymoon euphoria.

Good point  👩‍❤️‍👨  ❤️  🥒

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing Matty Taylor today.  Thought he looked sluggish v Boro, and despite his goal and hard work v QPR I thought he still didn’t look sharp.

LJ mentioned in his presser that he thought MT had got the rustiness out of his legs on Tuesday, so i’m Hoping to see more from him today.

Play like we did in opening 40 mins against QPR and we will be 3-0 down by HT. Play like we did for rest of QPR game and who knows, longer we can frustrate them, the better chance of nicking something.  

Overall though got to be expecting home win.

51 minutes ago, BigTone said:

We'll have none of that "larf and larking around" on here thank you Sir. This is a serious forum you know. :disapointed2se:🍻

Since when father? I must have missed that! :dunno:

I'll take a point today as they're a decent side. 🐑

Edited by Ska Junkie

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Looking forward to seeing Matty Taylor today.  Thought he looked sluggish v Boro, and despite his goal and hard work v QPR I thought he still didn’t look sharp.

LJ mentioned in his presser that he thought MT had got the rustiness out of his legs on Tuesday, so i’m Hoping to see more from him today.

Bet he benches him now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

3-0 loss. Swansea are gonna run rings around us unfortunately.

So I've written it off already and to cheer myself up tonight, I've got the Youtuber boxing paid for (my son is a massive fan) and I can't stand Jake or Logan Paul so I'll be hoping they get battered into next week. :boxing:

I’m usually optimistic. I knew we’d beat United, thought we had a chance v City, but have a bad feeling about today. Maybe it’s that 7-0 still in my mind ? Hope I’m wrong. 

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Since when father? I must have missed that! :dunno:

I'll take a point today as they're a decent side. 🐑

You'll do exactly what you are told Sunshine !!!

• Haha 1

Teams out:

Maenpaa

Hunt         Kalas        Webo       Kelly

Watkins  Brownhill Pack  Eliasson

Taylor     Weimann

• Like 1

It’s fair to say, we’d better score with our starting eleven because there’s nobody to really give us extra firepower on the bench.

Three defenders in six outfield subs does seem a touch excessive.

No issue with the team, but we should have a striker (not Pato) to change it if need be.

(Waits for O’Dowda to come on and bag a hat trick)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Saw Baker and Kalas get off bus...didn’t see Moore, and not sure about Walsh.

Safe to say Walsh got off the bus I think now Dave

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Seem to be three defenders and no striker (guess LJ counts JP and COD as attackers). If Eisa is fit that is disappointing.

Smacks of 'better not upset the big characters'.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s fair to say, we’d better score with our starting eleven because there’s nobody to really give us extra firepower on the bench.

Three defenders in six outfield subs does seem a touch excessive.

No issue with the team, but we should have a striker (not Pato) to change it if need be.

(Waits for O’Dowda to come on and bag a hat trick)

Does it suggest an attacking start and then defending the lead approach?