IGNORED

Next Sunday- fammy on bench?

MC RISK77

It's going to take Famara a few games to get back up to full match fitness yet so I wouldnt expect major changes yet. Plus it should give Taylor the competition for a place that might give him that extra motivation. 

Seems at least it's a good headache for LJ to have rather than all these injuries.

The phrase that keeps coming in my head is “The best eleven players don’t make the best team”.

Is Fam a better striker than Matty? Undoubtedly.

However, having watched Tuesday and seen feedback from today, it appears Taylor’s sheer work rate and intelligence has played a big part in linking the team together and getting the results.

He’s not only done nothing wrong, but he’s also been integral to the success. Fam may eventually usurp him, but I’d keep playing the man in form to give us maybe 3 champ confident quality strikers and not just two 

Has to be Weiman and Taylor in view of the last two results and also Diedhiou needs to be involved slowly in view of his lack of game time. Taylor is improving and working harder. His confidence must be high and we don’t want to dent that. Those three can rotate to cover injuries or getting rest. All looking good.

The only thing missing from today's excellent all round performance was a different outlet for crosses and set pieces. Taylor and Weiman are too similar in those situations and neither has the power, stature and heading ability of Fammy.

I think we'd have won the game by half time with Fammy today. 

2 hours ago, WECANDO said:

Has to be Weiman and Taylor in view of the last two results and also Diedhiou needs to be involved slowly in view of his lack of game time. Taylor is improving and working harder. His confidence must be high and we don’t want to dent that. Those three can rotate to cover injuries or getting rest. All looking good.

The good thing about Fam’s return is that he’s not. Ining back from injury, so not your usual concerns about a re-occurrence.  He will miss that match sharpness, but I wonder that with no LC Rd2 game, we might have a behind-closed-doors game this week?

Would still start a Taylor though.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The good thing about Fam’s return is that he’s not. Ining back from injury, so not your usual concerns about a re-occurrence.  He will miss that match sharpness, but I wonder that with no LC Rd2 game, we might have a behind-closed-doors game this week?

Would still start a Taylor though.

I think it would pretty unfair on Matty who's had two good games to drop him. Fam's probably not going to play 90 anyway to better to let Matty start rather than making him feel like he's been dropped. And if he grabbed a goal or played out his skin it would be a beautiful headache to have.

7 hours ago, MartockRed said:

No game for 8 days, then a two week break. Can’t see LJ changing a winning formula unless forced upon and Fam will be on the bench for Blackburn.

3 games in 6 days (brutal) after that. He’ll be starting at least one/probably 2 of those for sure. 

This is what I would do personally. If we`d lost the last two games then change it up but not under the circumstances we happily find ourselves in now.

Archived