IGNORED

post world cup international break!!

The turtle

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I love international football (England) as much as I love Bristol City.  The timing is a bit inconvenient, but it is what it is.  Everyone is in the same boat.   

I get that for when the actual tournaments come around, but qualifying games/friendlies.....................yaaawwwwn! 

I don't mind international breaks as such but the first one always seems to come too early in the season. Just when we are getting up to speed and picking up some really good points, along comes the break and seems to knock the wind out of our sails. I just wish the first international break came slightly later, the back end of October for example.

4 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I don't mind international breaks as such but the first one always seems to come too early in the season. Just when we are getting up to speed and picking up some really good points, along comes the break and seems to knock the wind out of our sails. I just wish the first international break came slightly later, the back end of October for example.

I think it`s more to do with getting them in before the winter weather in Scandinavia & Eastern Europe makes home games virtually impossible.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Away games that could have been on a Saturday, get shifted to a Winter midweek as a result. :grr:

I went to Huddersfield’s old Leeds Road ground on a Tuesday in the snow over 25 years ago.... we lost 2-1 - but what always stands out for me is that the sparse away end spontaneously started singing a Milli Vanilli tune when we went behind - “It’s a tragedy for me to see the dream is over, and I never will forget the day we met, girl I’m gonna miss you...”

Totally spontaneous, yet joyous....and it was never sung again! Mind you....it subsequently came out that MV were miming on it!

Archived