IGNORED

WBA Tuesday

wendyredredrobin

10 hours ago, INCRED said:

After watching them against Brum Friday night I don’t see why we have to fear them. Yes they have Gayle but their defence looked bloody awful, slow and cumbersome and caught in possession numerous times. I quite fancy our chances to make it 5 on the bounce 

My thoughts too. Brum weren`t any great shakes but Maghoma and Adams were getting amongst them quite often and probably could have won if they could finish.

West Brom.

Definitely have defensive issues for a start- no clean sheet in League this season and conceded 10 in 7.

After Pulisball for a few years, Pardew and then in PL a defensive, counter-attacking Darren Moore at back end of last year, they seem to be trying to move to a more possession based game.

This is a tough transition in a few months of pre-season with a turnaround of players and suggests they can be got at quite a bit- both in midfield and defence.

As the game at their place especially they will be expected to attack, take the game to us and opportunities may open, space could well appear. 

Might be one of those games in which we don't want to try to dominate the ball- actually in our last 4 games we've had less possession than the opposition which is quite interesting.

Sometimes it's not how much you have, but what you do with it- maybe the case again Tuesday.

I went there in 1976 with three work colleagues. Parked up in the industrial estate near the M5. Got to the ground and The Hawthorns pub outside the ground was at about 200% capacity with City fans.

We looked at each other thinking we'll never get a drink in there when one of the four, got on his hands and knees, crawled between all the legs and incredibly a couple of minutes later, returned with four pints.

If that wasn't super natural, what followed in the game was. We got a lead just before half time and spent the entire second half, penned in our own penalty area at the Brummie Road end as Albion hit us with everything.

Walking out at the end with a 1-0 win seemed so surreal. On our way up!

COYREDS.

Archived