IGNORED

Upper lansdown

Topper 123

I think the club need to look to fill this part of ground even if with tickets for school kids from outside of area thus providing support and followers for future .give away a few scarfs and hats also applications for half season tickets for Christmas-come on city let’s push to fill Ashton and produce the atmosphere needed to drive players on 

41 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

I think the club need to look to fill this part of ground even if with tickets for school kids from outside of area thus providing support and followers for future .give away a few scarfs and hats also applications for half season tickets for Christmas-come on city let’s push to fill Ashton and produce the atmosphere needed to drive players on 

Club are doing a great job already. I was there on a freebie today as my child attending a City summer coaching day. 

Certainly hard to attract pay on the day supporters with the prices being charged for tickets. I made a spur of the moment decision to take my family to the game today and paid 109 quid for 4 seats in the lower dolman...

I am not one to moan or be negative especially after such a good result today but that kind of money is silly for a couple hours of entertainment.

On the plus side we all had a brilliant day and my son can't wait to come back.

I thought it was decent up there today. Decent atmosphere kids joining in. Must be getting more popular as we have ST at one end and my lad likes to move to the end we’re shooting, we’ve had no problems all home games apart from today south stand end was pretty much full.

2 hours ago, Magger1 said:

I had a letter published in the Bristol Evening Post many, many moons ago (way before it became The Bristol Post) because Roverzzz were boasting they consistently had bigger home attendances than us ..... some things never change! But, as my letter said, the only reason they had bigger attendances than us (even though they were in the division above) was because they gave out 2,500 free tickets to local schools for every home game.....so, even though I pointed this out I was still very impressed at the effort our rivals had made to secure fans of the future....it obviously didn’t work for them (!) but it was precisely the right thing to do...and I agree with you...we should be giving out thousands of free tickets to local schools to get more people into our stadium....it’s a win win situation, even though I hate that phrase!

2 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Makes me sick, you get a freebie, and I have to pay over £300 for season tkt, and I bet you don't come for the rest of the season, 

If something as innocent as a few kids getting a free ticket for a football match makes you sick I suggest you go to the doctors, I think you may have a problem. 

3 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Makes me sick, you get a freebie, and I have to pay over £300 for season tkt, and I bet you don't come for the rest of the season, 

Just in case you’ve got anything still in your stomach you need to bring up - I went to the Forest game for free as my son got two free tickets with his membership.

And it wouldn’t take a great deal of intelligence to work out that a regular on the forum with a large number of posts probably doesn’t only go when he gets a free ticket.

I too would like to see free tickets handed out to schools, additionally I’d give them a voucher for discount in the club shop for City related clothing. 

There’s a lot of new families in Bristol and the surrounding areas and I think we’re in a prime position to tap into them. 

Once kids are in possession of an item of clothing like a replica shirt they almost feel like they have some bond immediately with the club. 

1 hour ago, Flounder said:

I’d like to see free season tickets handed out to local youth football coaches. These free tickets could have the contact number of our youth scouting team printed on them, just for reference of course.

Problem with that is they will probably be coaching football somewhere on a Saturday and won't be able to make it to the gate. 

12 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Victor meldrew

43 minutes ago, OneWordCityNerd said:

Agree.

726235AB-F6F9-4453-8E8A-A57A77FECE35.jpeg

Whilst I do agree that £41 for any ticket in the ground is too much for second tier football, as usual the most expensive non-member ticket for the best seats in the house is being used as the example.

Substantially cheaper seats are available elsewhere in the ground and the £5 membership discount is decent for non-STH regulars such as myself, paying for itself in 4 games.

13 hours ago, yardy said:

Certainly hard to attract pay on the day supporters with the prices being charged for tickets. I made a spur of the moment decision to take my family to the game today and paid 109 quid for 4 seats in the lower dolman...

I am not one to moan or be negative especially after such a good result today but that kind of money is silly for a couple hours of entertainment.

On the plus side we all had a brilliant day and my son can't wait to come back.

Much like a trip to the theatre then, price wise..? 

Also at those prices, I’m assuming your “kids” are older..? 

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Whilst I do agree that £41 for any ticket in the ground is too much for second tier football, as usual the most expensive non-member ticket for the best seats in the house is being used as the example.

Substantially cheaper seats are available elsewhere in the ground and the £5 membership discount is decent for non-STH regulars such as myself, paying for itself in 4 games.

This. Paying £41 is a choice, not the only option. 

It’s like says that cars are really expensive as you show the receipt for your Mercedes, to someone who has bought a Vauxhall. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I wouldn't have a clue about theatre ticket prices and yes i have a young adult daughter and young son.

Whats the point of this reply?

1 minute ago, yardy said:

I wouldn't have a clue about theatre ticket prices and yes i have a young adult daughter and young son.

Whats the point of this reply?

The point is that child tickets are pretty good value. £10? Anywhere in the ground, so that wouldn’t really make a family trip out of peoples reach, financially. 

£109 isn’t all that much in comparison to a lot of things that you might pay to take a family to for a day out. 

A large chunk of money, yes. Expensive by today’s standards, not really. 

35 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Cheep compared to the theatre. Paid 500 for 2 people to watch the 2 showings of that Harry Potter thing. 

12 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

If something as innocent as a few kids getting a free ticket for a football match makes you sick I suggest you go to the doctors, I think you may have a problem. 

Didn't mean the kids, but when someone (adult) comes on here BOASTING that they've got a freebie, and only comes to games on freebies it pisses me off, 

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

My sons ST was £50 and got a free shirt so basically was £10! Even if you’re not gonna take them every game it’s a no brainier to get a under 12 a ST

Assuming the adult can also commit to a season ticket that’s true.

However both my son and I are members. He’s in the “City 7s” category which got him two free tickets (including one adult), £5 off tickets, a training top and magazine - all for £20. I think that’s very good value.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Assuming the adult can also commit to a season ticket that’s true.

However both my son and I are members. He’s in the “City 7s” category which got him two free tickets (including one adult), £5 off tickets, a training top and magazine - all for £20. I think that’s very good value.

Yep also a no brainer. 

There needs to be a scheme where season ticket holders can sell back their ticket for games they cant attend. That way you would get more season ticket holders as people dont buy one as they cant go to games mid-week/Friday/Sunday (like myself) and also will give people looking to buy tickets a better choice of seat. 

1 hour ago, Turbored said:

There needs to be a scheme where season ticket holders can sell back their ticket for games they cant attend. That way you would get more season ticket holders as people dont buy one as they cant go to games mid-week/Friday/Sunday (like myself) and also will give people looking to buy tickets a better choice of seat. 

The club already price season tickets very reasonably and they are by far the most economic way of watching the club frequently - even if you miss some games. If the club was to offer to buy your ticket back off you, that would further eat into their profit margin on a product that is already fairly priced.

While we have around 15,000 STH, there are still around 9,000 seats available for non-STH which is plenty. I would suggest the number of people who can’t make any games other than Saturday afternoon is a very small percentage.

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The club already price season tickets very reasonably and they are by far the most economic way of watching the club frequently - even if you miss some games. If the club was to offer to buy your ticket back off you, that would further eat into their profit margin on a product that is already fairly priced.

While we have around 15,000 STH, there are still around 9,000 seats available for non-STH which is plenty. I would suggest the number of people who can’t make any games other than Saturday afternoon is a very small percentage.

With an automation system, they could have it as an exchange, whereby ST holder logs on and says seat is available. City then list the seat. ST holder gets money back for ST only if the seat is sold. ST holder gets amount paid per match minus a quid or so, club gets to sell a full price ticket. Everyone wins.

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Sad OAP troller arent you! 

I said I go to 20 games per season. 

Just ignore him mate, if @Redmycolour can’t see the benefit of attracting local kids / parents into the ground by giving out free tickets he’s clearly not that intelligent. 

If only 10 percent of those giving free tickets return and become supporters of Bristol City that can only be a positive thing. I’m sure whilst your ticket may have been a ‘feeebie ‘ you still spent money in the ground !

28 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

With an automation system, they could have it as an exchange, whereby ST holder logs on and says seat is available. City then list the seat. ST holder gets money back for ST only if the seat is sold. ST holder gets amount paid per match minus a quid or so, club gets to sell a full price ticket. Everyone wins.

Except the club, who’s margin on the full price ticket that they would have sold anyway is reduced by refunding some money to the season ticket holder.

If every game was sold out the scheme has merit. At the present time I don’t think it’s justified.

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Except the club, who’s margin on the full price ticket that they would have sold anyway is reduced by refunding some money to the season ticket holder.

If every game was sold out the scheme has merit. At the present time I don’t think it’s justified.

Yes, I take the point that it would only be a gain for the club if the match was a sellout. 

30 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

The fact that people are prepared to POTD at prices like this sadly justifies why they are trying to price kids out of the Lower Dolman.

Bristol Sport must be pleased - even if no-one else on this thread seems to be!

For balance - I’ve just paid £27 for me and £5 for my seven year old (both members) for the Villa game, in the top tier family area. I think that’s entirely reasonable, and I can’t think of many - if any - form of comparable entertainment that we could enjoy together for about £30.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Seems to be the only fixture to not have them available to purchase, i assume they haven’t ‘sold out’ as they’re usually the last to go. 

1 minute ago, just like watching brazil said:

Sometimes they don’t release them until the week before 

For all the later home games currently available those are on sale and have tickets.

Showing up as sold out on my screen.

It would be odd if they haven’t been released for this game when they have for the others. 

2 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

I worked all my life for what I got, you don't pay Nothing for me, 

Worked all my life and will probably have to until I drop dead on the job.  No pension provision apart from the new legal minimum and what I can save from my salary after all other costs.  I’m in a professional job and I’m not getting lectured by those who could purchase a house on 2 times their salary back in the day.

You have a problem with 2 people having a free ticket to a football game?  

Enjoy your retirement and we’ll pick up the pieces.

btw we are paying for you through higher taxes to keep the NHS, free bus passes and your annual fuel allowance.

The annual fuel allowance paid for 2/3rds of your season ticket whilst many young families can’t afford to keep their heating on ffs.

No understanding and no empathy.

You sir are a d**k.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:27, RedDave said:

Club are doing a great job already. I was there on a freebie today as my child attending a City summer coaching day. 

11 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Didn't mean the kids, but when someone (adult) comes on here BOASTING that they've got a freebie, and only comes to games on freebies it pisses me off, 

So if RD's boy turns out to be a future Reid, Bryan, or even Garland etc...  I take it you won't be calling him 'One Of Our Own' then?  despite the fact his old man probably paid the club a pretty penny for a bit of coaching to start the kid off...?

If not a future Skuse or Carey I bet the lad grows up to be a lifelong City fan, spending plenty of his adult hard earned on following The Reds... and it'll be all thanks to his dad taking him to summer coaching and the club giving a rare freebie adult matchday ticket!  

Just Saying... :)  

55 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Worked all my life and will probably have to until I drop dead on the job.  No pension provision apart from the new legal minimum and what I can save from my salary after all other costs.  I’m in a professional job and I’m not getting lectured by those who could purchase a house on 2 times their salary back in the day.

You have a problem with 2 people having a free ticket to a football game?  

Enjoy your retirement and we’ll pick up the pieces.

btw we are paying for you through higher taxes to keep the NHS, free bus passes and your annual fuel allowance.

The annual fuel allowance paid for 2/3rds of your season ticket whilst many young families can’t afford to keep their heating on ffs.

No understanding and no empathy.

You sir are a d**k.

Blimey RR, I'm genuinely amazed by your rant on this thread WTGR. 

Do you honestly think, those of us already retired / getting near haven't paid taxes all our lives for the previous generation plus invested in pension funds? 

I'm only in my early 50's but have paid stamp since I was 16 plus paid into company / personal pensions to allow myself to retire relatively comfortably at some point, when the time comes, as have the vast majority of my peers.

A question if you don't mind? How on earth have you no pension provision when it's a legal requirement of any employer nowadays?

Am I missing your point here? 

The legal provision nowadays is through the auto enrolment system which does enforce the employer to pay a certain a percentage of you salary to the scheme.  Only been active a couple of years though.  

The percentage is pretty minimal though so If you’re on say 40k a year at 2% you’re not getting anywhere.  And as housing costs are so high now you can contribute very little.  

I’m bloody 40 and my dad assumed I’d have a final salary pension, as if.  I really don’t think the ‘older’ generation realise that those on ‘average’ salary’s circa 40k are so screwed.  

I’m a pension adviser so can see people who’ve had normal jobs getting to retirement and having a guaranteed pension that is sizeable considering the wages they were on.

The generation down are screwed unless they’re rich or inherit.

The days of working hard, as I do, and expecting a pension are gone.

I feel for the kids coming through.  I don’t give a toss because i’ll die at my desk before it’s an issue.

21 hours ago, Pezo said:

Cheep compared to the theatre. Paid 500 for 2 people to watch the 2 showings of that Harry Potter thing. 

Well that’s £125 a show, for likely top tickets. Whereas I’ve paid £35 for great seats at Phantom. 

Secondly you’re usually guarenteed a great performance at the theatre, something which you’re not at football. 

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

The legal provision nowadays is through the auto enrolment system which does enforce the employer to pay a certain a percentage of you salary to the scheme.  Only been active a couple of years though.  

The percentage is pretty minimal though so If you’re on say 40k a year at 2% you’re not getting anywhere.  And as housing costs are so high now you can contribute very little.  

I’m bloody 40 and my dad assumed I’d have a final salary pension, as if.  I really don’t think the ‘older’ generation realise that those on ‘average’ salary’s circa 40k are so screwed.  

I’m a pension adviser so can see people who’ve had normal jobs getting to retirement and having a guaranteed pension that is sizeable considering the wages they were on.

The generation down are screwed unless they’re rich or inherit.

The days of working hard, as I do, and expecting a pension are gone.

I feel for the kids coming through.  I don’t give a toss because i’ll die at my desk before it’s an issue.

Some of us have Final Salary Pensions that we fully expected to be 40/60ths of our final salary, eh @Clevedon Red!!!!

However the bastards first of all capped yearly rises at 2% or inflation (whichever was lower) and then about 7 years ago they totally capped it at 0% increase, so in effect all you are doing is contributing 1/60th each year...creating a gap each year. 

I reckoned that based on 2% inflation pa, my pension pot would be £250-300k less than I could’ve expected!!!  That’s just less than a Tilson!!!

Its one of the reasons I resigned after almost 28 years there. Needed to find a way of repairing the gap. 

Mind The Gap means more than one thing to me!!!

11 hours ago, jimmyb said:

For all the later home games currently available those are on sale and have tickets.

Showing up as sold out on my screen.

It would be odd if they haven’t been released for this game when they have for the others. 

Had this last season for the final home game against Sheff U, a couple of weeks before the game. Called the ticket office. the response back was that they do not open the Upper Lansdown for general sale until the lower bowl is sold out, but restrictions on the ticketing website mean that website can only show seats as available or sold out and not "not available for sale"

Clearly they've not yet sorted it out yet, hang on if you can.

Archived