IGNORED

Phase 3

JasonM88

22 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Now we’ve heard of phase 1 and phase 2, it would suggest there may be a phase 3 in the future. 

What are we thinking then? Retail park behind the SS to be purchased? Housing behind the Atyeo? Some of the industrial units across Winterstoke Road? 

The retail park is owned by the BAe Systems Pension Fund so I guess they’d always be open to offers. Money talks as they say. 

37 minutes ago, Undy English said:

I have a number of friends who's families still live in the houses behind the Atyeo. They certainly haven't sold, haven't been contacted by the club and have no intention of moving.

But as with all things in life, money talks, and I'm sure, with the right offer, Mr Lansdown could be persuasive. 

Surely they would be subject to non disclosure agreements? And probably given a nice little bonus to keep quiet. 

2 hours ago, Undy English said:

I have a number of friends who's families still live in the houses behind the Atyeo. They certainly haven't sold, haven't been contacted by the club and have no intention of moving.

But as with all things in life, money talks, and I'm sure, with the right offer, Mr Lansdown could be persuasive. 

They Could be subject to an NDA.  I heard from someone fairly credible through some one else - take all with a pinch of salt I guess but apparently they have agreements with all but one

14 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Surely they would be subject to non disclosure agreements? And probably given a nice little bonus to keep quiet. 

Well my best mate's nephew owned one of the houses directly behind the Atyeo and sold it about 18-24 months ago, they marketed it through an agent in North St and it sold in the normal way (to a family) ,no approaches, no mysterious offers or anything like that. If SL was planning anything that would have been a prime candidate but nothing so probably nothing happening.

I just had a quick look, I'm surprised that the Ashton Park terrace isn't listed, un-listed buildings of merit and don't seem to be protected at all. This will make it easier for anyone to get development through planning, if they wanted to. The corner of the SL stand goes past the end of Atyeo. I remember having a look when entering the Dolman on the Atyeo side once (I usually use SS entrance) if you look along the front of the Atyeo to the other side it looks weird as if the intention is to round the stadium off some day. Not sure what to think of that, would it create too much of a bowl? I think it's fine as it is at present, I think its something that should be looked at if we ever became an established PL team, the TV money would be there for us to spend then.

1 hour ago, Fjmcity said:

They Could be subject to an NDA.  I heard from someone fairly credible through some one else - take all with a pinch of salt I guess but apparently they have agreements with all but one

I was told the Information about the arena from a unamed Bristol Sport employee about 18 months ago and they also said about the houses on Ashton Road.

19 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I was told the Information about the arena from a unamed Bristol Sport employee about 18 months ago and they also said about the houses on Ashton Road.

To be fair if the club were buying them up would they perhaps do it using a 3rd party so it goes under the radar? I recall years ago looking up how many had sold in last 5-7 years and it was all but a few 

The only stuff that really makes sense is the housing on Ashton road and Raynes road, plus the Bowling club and Flats.

But i can't see any of that being a priority unless we're ready to build a new Atyeo and or duplicate the Main stand at the Dolman and for both of those to happen we'd need to be established in the Prem.

Other than stand extensions i'm not really sure whats left to build after Phase 2.

Phase 3 would be to add a few tents in the corners to give it that nomadic appeal but these things take time.

All things said, what with the plans for the new Training Ground and the new Sports Arena Complex out in the public domain and very exciting they look too.  I would have thought we would have seen by now the planned development for the Memorial Ground. I'm sure it will rival the Bristol Sport venture.

It really makes you proud to be a Bristolian.

Archived