IGNORED

Phase 3

JasonM88

23 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Yeah, this pipedream will never happen.

When Liverpool wanted to buy up all of the houses around Anfield they were about a quid each, this is the posh end of south Bristol, terraced house for £400k

Only £100k more than 1 Matty Taylor.

We can make this happen.

Also, surely time for the stadium redevelopment sub forum to be reopened?

42 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Yes I do. But do you think close families and friends don't talk to each other?

I think if they were offered say 50k to not say a word until the club announces they have purchased them all I'm sure they wouldn't tell a soul! Especially if they only get the money once the plans have been announced.

They may well get offered 50k on top, but I would imagine some will try and hold out for stupid money, and I guess even Lansdown will wonder where the value is of overpaying for properties to knock them down and then spend another 10-15 million building a stand. Everyone have heard rumours that he has bought some, bought most, bought none. Only a couple of people will actually know and it certainly won't be out in the open.

27 minutes ago, wood_red said:

They may well get offered 50k on top, but I would imagine some will try and hold out for stupid money, and I guess even Lansdown will wonder where the value is of overpaying for properties to knock them down and then spend another 10-15 million building a stand. Everyone have heard rumours that he has bought some, bought most, bought none. Only a couple of people will actually know and it certainly won't be out in the open.

The thing is it would be done through a way where the link to Lansdown wouldn't seem obvious at all. Lansdown could even have an agreement with a normal looking family to buy it on his behalf without anyone ever getting suspicious.

On 18/09/2018 at 16:32, wendyredredrobin said:

I thought that SL was gradually trying to buy up that row of houses.  It would be nice to extend that end of the ground.

For what purpose exactly? Just so it can look shiny and new with the rest of it? Entirely unnecessary and should be left as it is even if we were to go up.

On 18/09/2018 at 19:02, CodeRed said:

Well my best mate's nephew owned one of the houses directly behind the Atyeo and sold it about 18-24 months ago, they marketed it through an agent in North St and it sold in the normal way (to a family) ,no approaches, no mysterious offers or anything like that. If SL was planning anything that would have been a prime candidate but nothing so probably nothing happening.

Could the 'normal' family have bought the property on behalf of SL though?

Edit: Sorry, Up the City already said that, but it is plausable and that way, he would not need to pay a premium.

11 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

For what purpose exactly? Just so it can look shiny and new with the rest of it? Entirely unnecessary and should be left as it is even if we were to go up.

Perhaps so a bigger stand could be built that would have more seats and facilities beneath that could be used for all sorts of enterprise.

36 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

There are 18 houses that would have to be demolished.  If the club paid £0.5 million each that would be £9 million.  The club would have to rebuild the stand and then add on a hotel or student accommodation to make it pay off.

The problem with the current Atyeo is that you could fill in the corners but couldn't expand it upwards or outwards due to blocking the houses' light.

One benefit would be to improve pedestrian access from the main road

On 19/09/2018 at 12:32, Sydneybcfc said:

The only stuff that really makes sense is the housing on Ashton road and Raynes road, plus the Bowling club and Flats.

But i can't see any of that being a priority unless we're ready to build a new Atyeo and or duplicate the Main stand at the Dolman and for both of those to happen we'd need to be established in the Prem.

Other than stand extensions i'm not really sure whats left to build after Phase 2.

Would we have enough available footprint to match up the Dolman with the Lansdown???

If so & there aren't any right to light issues this may be the only obvious pathway to raising capacity.....

2 hours ago, Loderingo said:

There are 18 houses that would have to be demolished.  If the club paid £0.5 million each that would be £9 million.  The club would have to rebuild the stand and then add on a hotel or student accommodation to make it pay off.

The problem with the current Atyeo is that you could fill in the corners but couldn't expand it upwards or outwards due to blocking the houses' light.

One benefit would be to improve pedestrian access from the main road

Its the corporate side of it that would make it worthwhile. The views of the Park and the suspension bridge would be very attractive for the corporates.

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Could the 'normal' family have bought the property on behalf of SL though?

Edit: Sorry, Up the City already said that, but it is plausable and that way, he would not need to pay a premium.

Well I don't think so,  they sold to these people - they moved in and are now living there with kids etc.......................it would be pretty weird if SL was paying a family to buy the house, complete all the legal transfer etc (so house is now in their names) and move in and live there - like some kind of sleepers - until one day they get a phone call from Guernsey telling them to move out ?........................not likely is it.

On 19/09/2018 at 16:44, Up The City! said:

The thing is it would be done through a way where the link to Lansdown wouldn't seem obvious at all. Lansdown could even have an agreement with a normal looking family to buy it on his behalf without anyone ever getting suspicious.

And pay someone to become the legal owner and live in the house for possibly years ..............fantasy stuff right there

See my post above - SL's not buying the houses up....no matter how much you want it to be true

8 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Would we have enough available footprint to match up the Dolman with the Lansdown???

If so & there aren't any right to light issues this may be the only obvious pathway to raising capacity.....

For that we would certainly need at least one of the flats and the bowling club to do it, to be honest i could quite easily see the council giving us the flats and land providing SL built enough social housing either into the stadium precinct or into the local area like the area we had for the new stadium behind David Lloyds.

The tower blocks although 'famous' are unsightly, probably expensive to maintain for the council and will be costly to demolish (add in the Grenfell stigma). So if the council can pass that cost onto us one day i'm sure they will. Housing the disadvantaged together in modern ghettos is very outdated and the council will be looking for opportunities to get those residents into new places as they become available. 

Don't know if the bowling club is on council land or privately owned but i suppose if we ended up with all the land for the flats the club could be pushed back and rebuilt next to the road as an Ashton gate facility.

Its all a pipe dream anyway really based on us being Prem regulars and needing a 45k+ stadium, so yeah don't expect it in the next decade....

5 minutes ago, Sydneybcfc said:

For that we would certainly need at least one of the flats and the bowling club to do it, to be honest i could quite easily see the council giving us the flats and land providing SL built enough social housing either into the stadium precinct or into the local area like the area we had for the new stadium behind David Lloyds.

The tower blocks although 'famous' are unsightly, probably expensive to maintain for the council and will be costly to demolish (add in the Grenfell stigma). So if the council can pass that cost onto us one day i'm sure they will. Housing the disadvantaged together in modern ghettos is very outdated and the council will be looking for opportunities to get those residents into new places as they become available. 

Don't know if the bowling club is on council land or privately owned but i suppose if we ended up with all the land for the flats the club could be pushed back and rebuilt next to the road as an Ashton gate facility.

Its all a pipe dream anyway really based on us being Prem regulars and needing a 45k+ stadium, so yeah don't expect it in the next decade....

That’s already planned. ‘Cumberland Village’ will be built at the same time as the Basketball arena. Will contain 500 homes CE848035-6FF3-4FEC-B71C-91C3737CC21D.jpeg.bb105bbbc590e467cffb15e1307fbc0c.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Sydneybcfc said:

I'm sure I read a couple years back that the block of flats only have a few years life expectancy left in them. Weren't they built in the 50s or 60s and designed to last only 50years?? Or something like that?

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

I'm sure I read a couple years back that the block of flats only have a few years life expectancy left in them. Weren't they built in the 50s or 60s and designed to last only 50years?? Or something like that?

I believe that was speculation based on their construction, i thought there was a recent article about life extension and a quick search just found this about re-cladding which possibly only just finished.

I'd say they probably aren't going anywhere until we want them and it would probably be foolish for the council to do anything else until we do.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/people-bristol-tower-block-hit-1267574

Archived