IGNORED

Idiotic fans and assault at West Brom

JackiDziekanowski

2 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

No offence intended but in my opinion you didn't know what condone means. No harm done, just think you should probably own it rather than coming up with a fairytale about edit facilities and such. I mean that in the nicest possible way so please take this comment as a friendly piece of advice. I've got a friend who says "pacific" instead of "specific"  and also says "blanket bang" instead of "blanket ban" 

Pacific - Specific. My wife does that. Are you a friend of my wife hey Dastardly??  Perhaps I should bloody your nose sir.  In front of kids inawl. Come on. I’m sure everyone will be able to condone it. 

On 21/09/2018 at 12:33, harrys said:

My head, legs, back, in fact my whole body tells me I should be sat down while watching football at my age but I enjoy it far more standing up when I go to away matches

Agreed but following 5 operations on my knees and now waiting for 2 replacements it is not always possible for me to stand for any length of time.

6 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Just arrived at this thread. I do not condone violence nor do I believe it was justifiable in this case BUT had all the City fans adhered to current legislation this would not have happened.

I know that many City fans believe it is their right to stand at away games but it isn’t. Until legislation changes in my view games should be all seated and managed thus by clubs.

Think the relevant thing is if the offender hadn’t done what he did this wouldn’t have happened.!!

irrelevant of seating or standing it is the actions of one person that has caused this not the law on all seater stadiums etc 

14 hours ago, JulieH said:

Think the relevant thing is if the offender hadn’t done what he did this wouldn’t have happened.!!

You mean Julie, that if the offender hadn't done what he did you wouldn't have preceded two exclamation marks with a full stop?

Reading some comments on hear are quite laughable .firstly the guy was in the wrong and this was a cowardly thing to do and yes he should be charged with assault but prison :laugh: get a grip and I don’t think this should even carry a banning order next we will be calling for bans for the odd f word ,common sense will prevail and the court will deal with it .

The standing/sitting at away games debate will always be there. If it is sold out why not just go to your seat, as it just messes everything and everyone around with the "i'm gonna stand wherever I want If it isn't sold out like the West Brom game why did the person who wanted to sit just move to a place to actually sit if everyone around was standing?

I am assuming there were seats available due to it being POTD? Just no need of the whole situation really -  what if the young 'un would have knocked out the bully? No doubt he would be getting a ban for something he didn't even start.

Remember being at Preston away last season on a tuesday night as one of about 150 fans in the away end. Went and sat on my own about half way back so I could sit and enjoy the game with the understanding that if I wanted to stand I could move to the back with the other standing fans. I should reiterate that we had the entire away end if I remember correctly and were very sparsely populated.

However, about 1 minute after kick off two guys decided to come and stand directly in front of me blocking my view. Being the only person sat in that entire row I moved along a few seats but couldn't believe the events really. Can see no reason for this happening other than to try to cause confrontation with myself. Sadly, even amongst likeminded fans there are a few that are out their looking for confrontation or seeming intent on making people stand against their own will "because it's an away game" 

5 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Bristol City really do have some knuckle draggers, bullies in a group or people that can't handle their cider. 

I still remember a fight between city fans when we played stoke at Wembley. It's amazing how it plays on the mind. 

Worse than that was a load of our pissed up day trippers singing loudly along to Delilah at the end of the game.

They really didn`t get it.

46 minutes ago, City18 said:

Remember being at Preston away last season on a tuesday night as one of about 150 fans in the away end. Went and sat on my own about half way back so I could sit and enjoy the game with the understanding that if I wanted to stand I could move to the back with the other standing fans. I should reiterate that we had the entire away end if I remember correctly and were very sparsely populated.

However, about 1 minute after kick off two guys decided to come and stand directly in front of me blocking my view. Being the only person sat in that entire row I moved along a few seats but couldn't believe the events really. Can see no reason for this happening other than to try to cause confrontation with myself. Sadly, even amongst likeminded fans there are a few that are out their looking for confrontation or seeming intent on making people stand against their own will "because it's an away game" 

I saw the same thing, more or less, at QPR away a few years ago....two guys insisted on standing up the whole time about three rows from the front of the top tier at the away end....a young guy and his girlfriend were sat behind them and despite them asking the selfish two many times to sit down, they just gave them abuse and continued to stand, they were the only two people in that row who were standing....at half time I spoke to the young couple and me and my mate offered to swap seats with them....they were very grateful and so me and my very large, very wide and very tall mate sat behind the ‘brave’ abusive stone island twins - and they soon sat down too.....for the record, I’m not against standing, I prefer it, but when you are two or three rows from the front and you are intimidating a young couple, then you are out of order...

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I saw the same thing, more or less, at QPR away a few years ago....two guys insisted on standing up the whole time about three rows from the front of the top tier at the away end....a young guy and his girlfriend were sat behind them and despite them asking the selfish two many times to sit down, they just gave them abuse and continued to stand, they were the only two people in that row who were standing....at half time I spoke to the young couple and me and my mate offered to swap seats with them....they were very grateful and so me and my very large, very wide and very tall mate sat behind the ‘brave’ abusive stone island twins - and they soon sat down too.....for the record, I’m not against standing, I prefer it, but when you are two or three rows from the front and you are intimidating a young couple, then you are out of order...

Is that 3 mates or 1 very large, very wide, very tall mate? ?

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Stone Island. The choice of the football fan......

I’ve also seen some lads wearing what I can only describe as a cross between a hoody and a gas cape. Seems to come in black or grey.

The hood in the hoody seems to have some of fetishist’s goggles built in.

Every time I see them my mind starts to wander and I wonder.....

33 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Stone Island. The choice of the football fan......

I’ve also seen some lads wearing what I can only describe as a cross between a hoody and a gas cape. Seems to come in black or grey.

The hood in the hoody seems to have some of fetishist’s goggles built in.

Every time I see them my mind starts to wander and I wonder.....

CP Company make them who are Italian like SI. Goggles are for driving and are based upon what used to be worn the Mille Miglia. Nothing more sinister than that. It's a shame these companies are associated with wrong uns as they make fantastic clothing.  

12 minutes ago, lenred said:

CP Company make them who are Italian like SI. Goggles are for driving and are based upon what used to be worn the Mille Miglia. Nothing more sinister than that. It's a shame these companies are associated with wrong uns as they make fantastic clothing.  

That’s they! Thanks. £485? ******* hell.... My Williams Stand turnstile was only a bit more than that....

Goggles for the Mille Miglia. That makes complete sense in BS3. And The Hawthorns.... ?

On 23/09/2018 at 11:49, Magger1 said:

Reading some comments on hear are quite laughable .firstly the guy was in the wrong and this was a cowardly thing to do and yes he should be charged with assault but prison :laugh: get a grip and I don’t think this should even carry a banning order next we will be calling for bans for the odd f word ,common sense will prevail and the court will deal with it .

Maybe if some one punches you in the face, you can buy them a pint.

On 23/09/2018 at 11:49, Magger1 said:

Behave, I agree banning orders are handed out for very little at times. But this chap smacked one of his fellow supporters because he wouldn't sit down when everyone else was stood anyway.

He'll quite rightly be charged with assault. I'd imagine he'll end up with a lengthy ban of anywhere between 3-6 years as well as banned for life by BCFC.

Why would any of us want to watch City alongside someone like that. Throw the book at him. 

Archived