IGNORED

Idiotic fans and assault at West Brom

JackiDziekanowski

Ok so I have a 9 year old son and we are both season ticket holders -  I absolutely love going to games with him, father and son match day is highlight of my week (like many of you out there also, I'm sure).

Something I witnessed on Tuesday night away at The Hawthorns was bang out of order,  I was so thankful that it was a school night so my lad couldn't be with me.

For the entire first half everyone was stood up (as is the norm for many an away game), no problem at all.... Half time comes and everyone sits down to rest their legs.

Second half starts, everyone starts to stand up as expected, I look to my left and a lad (about 25) is being pulled back into his seat by the thug behind him shouting for him to sit down. Young lad exclaims 'But everyone is standing up, I can't see if I'm sat down'. Thug continues to shout sit down - even though he is the only one in my entire sight sitting down. Many people around were also saying to thug 'Come on mate, everyone is standing'. Then inexplicably, thug smacks young lad in the nose(WTF!) blood everywhere....  Just couldn't believe it... How would that effect any kids that witnessed a ridiculous act of violence among 'own own'.

Some football fans make you sick! 

6 minutes ago, JackiDziekanowski said:

Ok so I have a 9 year old son and we are both season ticket holders -  I absolutely love going to games with him, father and son is like the highlight of the week (like many of you out there also, I'm sure).

Something I witnessed on Tuesday night away at The Hawthorns was bang out of order,  I was so thankful that it was a school night so my lad couldn't be with me.

For the entire first half everyone was stood up (as is the norm for many an away game), no problem at all.... Half time comes and everyone sits down to rest their legs.

Second half starts, everyone starts to stand up as expected, I look to my left and a lad (about 25) is being pulled back into his seat by the thug behind him shouting for him to sit down. Young lad exclaims 'But everyone is standing up, I can't see if I'm sat down'. Thug continues to shout sit down - even though he is the only one in my entire sight sitting down. Many people around were also saying to thug 'Come on mate, everyone is standing'. Then inexplicably, thug smacks young lad in the nose(WTF!) blood everywhere....  Just couldn't believe it... How would that effect any kids that witnessed a ridiculous act of violence among 'own own'.

Some football fans make you sick! 

Well it is football, and there is nothing new about such incidents at a football match, why would you worry about your 9 year old son witnessing that? Not that I condone any sort of violence, kids are able to cope with more than you might think, consider some atrocities in parts of the World that really are too horrific to witness, and compare with that.  

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It sounds like this is the incident that @JulieH was talking about in the other fans thread - I think she said the bloke was arrested.

Yes this is the same incident 

male arrested and awaiting update from West Midlands police. It was caught on cctv also.

i understand the victim has a broken nose . I am planning to contact him tomorrow to check on him .

this type of unprovoked assault inside the stadium  is rare , and 99% of football games pass without incident week in week out.  

If the offender is charged and convicted then a football banning order will be applied for . 

Anyone who takes a child to a football match must be aware of the chance of witnessing something he or she might not see in a normal day. I used to make my lads and their mates, they were exposed to some cringe worthy human nature, but they still came back for more. The content of the OP's post was more about what if he had his son with him, he did not. You might want to think that the 'yob' was in fact the one that was right in sitting.... but of course any act of violence is just not warranted. So before you all reach for your moral high ground buttons just take time out to think. 

For once..

5 minutes ago, JulieH said:

male arrested and awaiting update from West Midlands police. It was caught on cctv also.

i understand the victim has a broken nose . I am planning to contact him tomorrow to check on him .

this type of unprovoked assault inside the stadium  is rare , and 99% of football games pass without incident week in week out.  

If the offender is charged and convicted then a football banning order will be applied for . 

Of course this would never had happened if the regulations were rightfully applied that all fans should be seated.

30 minutes ago, freezer said:

I cannot submit empty content. What I wanted to post isn't allowed.

@1bristolcity your post is very poor, thoughtless and uncaring.

You sir, are a rotter.

There, have it.

You really should stop and think about what I actually said, and not what you have made up in your head. I completely condone violence , and would step in , even at my age, to try and prevent an incident. I care more than you would ever understand. 

There, you have it.

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Of course this would never had happened if the regulations were rightfully applied that all fans should be seated.

With respect- regulations or no regulations.

Expecting away fans to sit in a  fairly local game (not a derby but much closer than some places), big turnout buoyant mood is fairly wishful thinking IMO.

No excuse for what happened here however- it's well out of order!

10 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Anyone who takes a child to a football match must be aware of the chance of witnessing something he or she might not see in a normal day. I used to make my lads and their mates, they were exposed to some cringe worthy human nature, but they still came back for more. The content of the OP's post was more about what if he had his son with him, he did not. You might want to think that the 'yob' was in fact the one that was right in sitting.... but of course any act of violence is just not warranted. So before you all reach for your moral high ground buttons just take time out to think. 

For once..

What are you talking about? He's in the right, but also in the wrong, so get off your high horse? I'm so confused I might need some of what you're on.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

With respect- regulations or no regulations.

Expecting away fans to sit in a  fairly local game (not a derby but much closer than some places), big turnout buoyant mood is fairly wishful thinking IMO.

No excuse for what happened here however- it's well out of order!

Then ban all seating, it is widely flouted, but is a very contentious issue, just because every stands for whatever reason does not make it right, or safe some would argue.

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

Then ban all seating, it is widely flouted, but is a very contentious issue, just because every stands for whatever reason does not make it right, or safe some would argue.

I'm in favour of safe standing- for a big 'Kop' type end behind the goal and indeed away fans should likewise have the option- both goals standing, at the sides you sit IMO.

Fair balance.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm in favour of safe standing- for a big 'Kop' type end behind the goal and indeed away fans should likewise have the option- both goals standing, at the sides you sit IMO.

Fair balance.

Agreed, I dislike all seating, but the annoying thing is the stewards / police turn a blind eye to it, if there is a regulation then it should be upheld. Imagine the frustration if anyone who cannot stand up has to miss a match because of this?

13 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You really should stop and think about what I actually said, and not what you have made up in your head. I completely condone violence , and would step in , even at my age, to try and prevent an incident. I care more than you would ever understand. 

There, you have it.

You condone violence?

17 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Agreed, I dislike all seating, but the annoying thing is the stewards / police turn a blind eye to it, if there is a regulation then it should be upheld. Imagine the frustration if anyone who cannot stand up has to miss a match because of this?

I'm just saying it's inevitable in a game like this.

If large numbers are standing, and especially if away fans- the chances of enforcing it are frankly slim.

23 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Why would police care when there isn’t a law regarding people standing? 

Can you work that out yourself or would you like some help?

47 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Sounds like someone can provide a witness statement, ref the original poster.

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Surely you ask for a banning order whether or not the person is charged or convicted?  It's on camera and he is clearly a threat to other people attending football.

52 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Why would police care when there isn’t a law regarding people standing? 

Can you work that out yourself or would you like some help?

I said regulation / law, I know there isn't a law as such, I merely added the law bit to appease those who probably didn't understand what a regulation is. 

Clearly.

5 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I said regulation / law, I know there isn't a law as such, I merely added the law bit to appease those who probably didn't understand what a regulation is. 

Clearly.

So again, why would police care about a regulation that is nothing to do with them? Please explain, I would like to know.

Clearly.

5 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

So again, why would police care about a regulation that is nothing to do with them? Please explain, I would like to know.

Clearly.

@AshtonPark I think @1bristolcity has a problem. Even when a mistake is posted or an incorrect statement is made by them, it apparently is the fault of the person that replies to or queries  said mistake/statement for not understanding. 

Clearly.

Archived