IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

And why does he make changes at 60 mins every game?  When we went 1 down, Taylor should have come on and gone 433 immediately.

I'm sure he would have come on if Kalas didn't get injured.

Because it's the modern way. I don't think he made any at half time against West Bromwich despite being three down

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

and yet, the manager seems to agree with the rest of us. it was ****

I take your point about the refund, but heey. If you're happy with that, fine. youre obviously a better fan

I’m not denying it was shit it was a bloody awful game of football but as I said, if you feel you have the right to support a team that doesn’t have shit games then you’re in the wrong sport because it happens everywhere. You must think Man City fans deserve refunds following their poor display the other night? 

And if we’re gonna start issuing refunds after 1-0 defeats then you should really look forward to your refund after Brentford in a few weeks if you’re going, where we get outplayed every season without fail.

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

I agree. Paterson does well in training apparently, he’s certainly lost it during matches for sure and a waste of a place at the moment. I can’t see much in Watkins either but has popped up with a couple of goals, not sure how. Hunt is there as we really have nobody else, absolutely nobody. Pisano and Wright injured. No Korey and Brownhill covering Korey, nobody else.

That's the sad thing with Hunt, he plays because we have no options .

14 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

You cannot expect Pack and Brownhill to play 3 games in 7 days with that approach to games, they cannot possibly cover the ground and have infinite energy. You have to have a plan B , C or D. `we have a squad , it has to be used. You have to use what you have not what you wish you had.  Ive given up moaning about LJ, he will never get fired, and so we will have this roller coaster of ups and downs whilst he continues his training and experimenting. We were never going to be automatic promotion challengers, that was evident when you sell your 3 best players, but we should be good enough to avoid relegation. If you get mid table , you are only ever a few points away from a play off place. It's the reality of where we are. 

Makes it all the more annoying/stupid/reckless you choose the word, that we never went all out to get cover. I know we tried with a couple but we have 3 midfielders when they're all fit, something should have been done. Tonight I would have been happy to see Walsh play if he was part of a 3 , just to ease him in. We will need him as Brownhill and Pack will be running on empty long before the January window opens.

Once again our historic “brave” midfielder has baulked when it came to selecting “his best team” furthest player forward and mostly offside was Pato, Fam became a midfielder for about 85 minutes, Eliason tried, but was either outpaced or fouled out of the game, Kelly tried really hard but was just not good enough, pack and Brownhill just not bossing the midfield.

We have depth so in the end LJ blames the players once again – no change there then! 

We can’t afford top players, how much do we need a manager to guide our head coach?

love my club, but we are not going anywhere with our erstwhile number 8

5 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I’m not denying it was shit it was a bloody awful game of football but as I said, if you feel you have the right to support a team that doesn’t have shit games then you’re in the wrong sport because it happens everywhere. You must think Man City fans deserve refunds following their poor display the other night? 

And if we’re gonna start issuing refunds after 1-0 defeats then you should really look forward to your refund after Brentford in a few weeks if you’re going, where we get outplayed every season without fail.

you can read? I gave you i was wrong on the refund. Footballs a pasionate game mate. I was gutted by tonight. tuesday we played quality football

Credit does have to be given to Wigan. They were pretty solid across the back.

I really don't understand trying to get Paterson into that formation though. His form was awful last season when he was back in the team playing left mid instead of when he had a free role and was playing really well. It also meant Elliason got moved over to accommodate that change. That starting formation but with either O'Dowda or Watkins would have been better suited. It would have still left options on the bench. I hope Paterson can regain his form but he really is struggling. 

That said, we looked a little jaded as a team. Maybe the effort at West Brom took it out of them a bit. Almost every key pass we made got overhit or players simply didn't respond.

Sam Morsy got MOTM tonight and that for me was where the game was won. They won every 1st and 2nd ball in amongst it and we failed to compete with it. 

Thought that was Brownhill’s worst game probably in a City shirt, he couldn’t do a single thing right. Pack gave away silly fouls too.

Weimann and Diedhiou had nothing from the midfield all game and were both coming deeper for the ball, only for the defenders to lump the ball in the channels for them to chase back.

Just so frustrating to watch. So poor.

Score early and it's a different game..... ( Oh no, that was West Brom.)

Start the utter liability that is Paterson and we lose, so explain your logic WeeLee?

At West Brom I thought we may have discovered a method other than having to play everything through Pack. I was wrong. He had a stinker ergo so did we.

The Hunt Pro/Con meter tipped ever deeper into the Con sector tonight. 

Other than that it's not baby and bathwater but Weimann needs urgently to disprove he's more than a 'five a season' guy and Diggery needs to get very, very hungry in front of goal.

WeeLee needs to play players in their best positions, tell them to stay there and stop thinking they're all so talented and interchangable that they're God's gift. Kelly aside they're Championship for reason.

Scooby Doo needs to unmask Watkins as Stephen Pearson and save us a few more months of pretence.

Brilliant or sh*te. I'd settle for something on the upper side of in-between for the next six games.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

And why does he make changes at 60 mins every game?  When we went 1 down, Taylor should have come on and gone 433 immediately.

I'm sure he would have come on if Kalas didn't get injured.

I looked at my watch 30 seconds before he made the subs and literally counted it down, getting very predictable.

The poor lamb's played 3 games in 6 days. Pity no fooker told Wigan that! I could have sworn they played 3 in 6 too?

******' shite City, hang your heads in shame performing like that wearing our shirt!

Absolute garbage performance. Apart from Maenpaa, no player deserves more than 1/10 and that was for turning up. Bonding trip my arse! Johnson needs to tear right into them after that but I doubt he will.

Crap! 

8 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

Rubbish performance  against a very average  side. Paterson should now be sent to the under 23s for 3 months and Lee forget about him.

Agree with this, he needs to be playing to regain some confidence but we cannot have him as a virtual passenger in the first team. He was really good in the first half of last season, so we know the ability is there, but he has in my view been consistently poor since January (mystifying decision to give him a 3 year contract extension in the summer).

7 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Could the lad at Newport add the central bite in midfield that were missing Bakinson getting rave reviews could be no worse than the toothless Patterson before anyone says he's not ready yet

Actually it looks like Cod could be who LJ turns too. Could see it to, he has a bit of dog in him as well as being skilful. Something is going to have to give as Pack and Brownhill can't play every game in a high press 2 winger system.

11 hours ago, RedM said:

Seems like the players are off for the weekend now. If I was LJ I’d have them in for training tomorrow!

When they’re clearly tired and have been away from family etc all week?

i think people think athletes and sports people are just super heroes with infinite energy (mental as well as physical)

2 defeats after 4 good wins, give them a break

56 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

When they’re clearly tired and have been away from family etc all week?

i think people think athletes and sports people are just super heroes with infinite energy (mental as well as physical)

2 defeats after 4 good wins, give them a break

Yes I know there are two ways to look at it. But I know which way most of us would face if we put in a well below performance and produced shoddy work.

They ( well most)  have just returned from an international break, a break which came just weeks after the start of the season, the start of the season after having months off. We haven’t even hit the draining Xmas period yet or playing out in horrendous weather.

The players were away since Monday I agree. Many having some R&R watching Man City, so not a hard slog is it. Now doubt not slumming it in seedy hotels either. 

Many people work away from home for weeks or months, long hours and crappy accommodation. Sorry but I have difficulty feeling empathy for them and disagree with your sympathy towards them. Ok it’s a fans choice to travel but maybe you should direct your thoughts to them rather than the players, many would have had to use valuable holiday and spent out a lot of money.

An infuriating performance, a non event from City from start to finish and we couldn't even manage a 0-0 against a very limited Wigan team.

Having sat through that cr*p I'd now like all involved to be forced to see a video of the totally bemused, disappointed and completely pissed off City fans filing dejectedly out of the pub I was in at the final whistle.

LJ and the players should at least be aware how that complete non performance ruined so many people's Friday evening.

Embarrassing performance indeed, but that applies to both players and coach, and simply not acceptable from any of the players, or any of the coaching staff.

Archived