IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

Hey Take That fans!

On the day Gary Barlow and the other two announce a shindig in our back yard, we are away to Wigan and the man behind every 90s dap worn in PE classes across the nation... Mr JJB (now DW Fitness) aka Dave Whelan.

A little note on the stadium...

Did you know that the DW stadium cost £30m to build back in 1999? Nowadays that'll get you 3 state of the art stands so I hear. Come on Wael. Do some research lad.

So Wigan. Home of the rugby league team Wigan Warriors and TV showbiz entertainment host Vernon Kay. You know, the guy with a grin as wide as the Severn Bridge and the one pulling way above his league because his Mrs is Tess off Strictly. Can understand the grin now tbf.

So anyways, Wigan Athletic FC. After Dave put truck loads of 13 years olds hard earned cash into Wigan, they shocked everyone by making the holy grail of the Prem. And not only did they achieve that, they also sat in the Prem for 8 years, proving they were no flash in the pan. And, in 2013, they beat Man City 1-0 in the FA Cup Final, allowing Dave a chance to hold the trophy he narrowly missed out on 53 years previous when he played for Blackburn in the final 3-0 defeat to Wolves.

Wigan nowadays is ran under Dave's grandson although Mr Whelan is still the owner. They've had a few up and down years in recent times but romped home with the L1 trophy last season, in order to return to the second level. So far they've had an up and down start to the season, thrashing newly relegated Stoke 3-0 but also losing to the poor QPR 1-0... ones to watch are the now infamous Will Grigg (buckets of water available pitchside but our defence ain't terrified lad) and Nick Powell, the ex Man U striker/midfielder.

2-1 with a tailwind oop norf to us though I won't be surprised by a 2-2...

COYR!

If it's any of Tuesdays starting side we will have an hard game. A fit Vaughan is no replacement for Grigg and we have no suitable replacement for Powell or Robinson. Maybe Connolly could replace James.
Could even start with a 4-3-3 like how we finished. Fingers crossed for Robinson. How's Dan Burn?
Why we didn't sort that left back area out God only knows.”

Well , I think the first goal wins this one .

Is it worse to play well and lose or stink the place out and come away with three points ?

If we score first , we will smell blood and put on a show on the other hand if Piggin' Wigan score first we may feel the fatigue of three matches in 6 days . 

We should have enough quality to come away with something so I predict a City win 1-2 .

Fammy

Walsh  to do the damage . 

( It was in the tea leaves ) 

57 minutes ago, Unan said:

4-0 City.

One up top for Wigan will be ideal for Kalas/Webster & our midfield will be too strong for them. Hopefully. We’ll be looking to put them to the sword after 23 chances vs West Brom and losing 4-2. Up the Cider City.

Silly to think it will be that easy.

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

2-1 with a tailwind oop norf to us though I won't be surprised by a 2-2...

COYR!

Two goals is all we need to bring our "Tier 2" goals scored up to 2,800.

For you older fans; was the decrepit Springfield Park that Wigan used before the DW better then than the Mem is now?

Archived