IGNORED

Plummet again?

Langford Red

We are a mid table squad. At this early stage 3 points gained or lost can move you a long way up or down. I think we will settle around mid table. No way I can see this group going up or down come May. Just my opinion but I've  watched City for 65 years.  I'm used to this pattern.

1 hour ago, Bicester Red said:

Is the plummet happening again?

The last 2 seasons we started well then plummeted

Is this the 3rd time?

If it is then there are more problems than just one

This has to be monitored, as this can not happen every season

Your thoughts.

My thoughts are that you don't seem to post much when things are going well. 

2 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Wouldn’t be OTIB without the ridiculous hysteria. 

We have some of the ficklest fans ever.

I really don't think we have fickle fans

Our fanbase is split and both sides seem pretty consistent to me.

Nothing fickle about that.

The only fickle fans are the ones that want to run with the horse and the hare (or whatever the saying is)

1 hour ago, Bicester Red said:

Is this the 3rd time?

Your thoughts

We’ve just won 4 games on the bounce and played well against West Brom.

its one bad game ffs

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

We’ve just won 4 games on the bounce and played well against West Brom.

its one bad game ffs

It is, but where did that inept performance come from?  Was it the effect of 3 games in 6 (or7) days?  If so, there’s plenty more series of 3 games in a week throughout the season.

Why did Wigan seem more lovely than us, they’d also played 3 games in the same period as us?

26 minutes ago, marmite said:

We are a mid table squad. At this early stage 3 points gained or lost can move you a long way up or down. I think we will settle around mid table. No way I can see this group going up or down come May. Just my opinion but I've  watched City for 65 years.  I'm used to this pattern.

Pretty much my assessment. The mini-run of four games has catapulted us up the table in a way it wouldn’t have done later in the season, and it’s increased expectations again. It has shown that we are good enough to be competitive, but over the course of the season I’d expect us to end up somewhere in the middle.

25 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think the Jekyll and Hyde nature of our team is the most maddening thing

You're not wrong. Just as you think we've cracked it they bring you back down to earth with a rather large bump. We all fall for it, it's like a game that you're never going to win :laugh:

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is, but where did that inept performance come from?  Was it the effect of 3 games in 6 (or7) days?  If so, there’s plenty more series of 3 games in a week throughout the season.

Why did Wigan seem more lovely than us, they’d also played 3 games in the same period as us?

Travelling? Mental fatigue?

thats for LJ to address but I’d be more concerned about a “plummet” if it had been several bad games. Tuesday probably took a lot out of the players physically and mentally

50 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Fickle

After that total embarrassment

MIstakes can be frustrating and sometimes you have to accept being outplayed

Total lack of desire or application   inexcusable

Fickle my ass

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fickle

After that total embarrassment

MIstakes can be frustrating and sometimes you have to accept being outplayed

Total lack of desire or application   inexcusable

Fickle my ass

Criticising one bad performance is fine and understandable. What’s fickle is when people extend the criticism to the whole team or the whole season, ignoring previous good results. I’m not saying you do, but many do.

Are people so bipolar they can’t take a helicopter view and accept that most teams will have some good and some bad performances? Unless we expect to be runaway champions, there will be bad days.

9 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

Is this the 3rd time?

Your thoughts

At least we have given ourselves plenty more time to get into that relegation dogfight; we left it far too late last season. :noexp:

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Could it have been a bit of a mental hangover from Tuesday?

To play so well and come away with a result that almost looks like you were battered must be a bit demoralising.

Plummet??! Plummeting?! We’re currently in 8th place in the 2nd tier - in my lifetime we’ve only finished the season higher than that once! (2007/08). Last season we plummeted to the 4th highest league finish in my lifetime. We’re not Real Madrid - anything mid-table or higher is punching above our weight. But having said that, our trajectory is definitely up. 

8 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Bicester Red isnt fickle, he just disappears when he can't moan.

He was posting bunch of "Johnson out" stuff, then we beat QPR and he disappears completely, bar 2 posts (one criticising LJ, one the emergency loan system) and doesnt say a thing until we put in a bad performance and lose.

39 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Criticising one bad performance is fine and understandable. What’s fickle is when people extend the criticism to the whole team or the whole season, ignoring previous good results. I’m not saying you do, but many do.

Are people so bipolar they can’t take a helicopter view and accept that most teams will have some good and some bad performances? Unless we expect to be runaway champions, there will be bad days.

Absolutely spot on. It seems people like to use the most recent result to extrapolate results for the rest of the season. Anything that’s come previously seems irrelevant.

Archived