IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Thread number 12

cidered abroad

We started well. First 25 was excellent. Good in possession and looked like we could do something 

Last 15 has been so so. Back to the pointless possession that goes nowhere 

On another note ..about time the ref should be allowed to let physios on whilst the game continues . Especially for 'non serious' injuries. That with Bannan just now was pathetic

0-0 HT, good opening 35 mins. Fammy should have scored and Kelly hit post.

Weds came back into game last 10 mins, moving the ball a bit quicker as we stand off and watch - none more guilty than Pato, who after a bright start has gone back into hiding not showing for the ball and doing sod all with it when he does get it.

Pack's passing been wayward again and he looks like he is running through treacle at times.

Got to be looking at COD for Pato, Walsh for Pack and perhaps Weimann for Fammy.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Weds came back into game last 10 mins, moving the ball a bit quicker as we stand off and watch - none more guilty than Pato, who after a bright start has gone back into hiding not showing for the ball and doing sod all with it then he does get it.

Pack's passing wayward again and he looks like he is running through treacle at times.

Got to be looking at COD for Pato, Walsh for Pack and perhaps Weimann for Fammy.

Yes, subs needed earlier in the 2nd half and not in the last 10 minutes. or when we are 1 down.

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Is this true or just a massively negative poster, because it seems at odds with most of what I’ve read?

I would agree with what that poster said, no cutting edge, crosses coming in, but with no purpose, just hopeful crosses.

I don’t want to come across as negative, but I just don’t see any actual game plan from us, it’s off the cuff football and HOPE something happens.

We certainly need to up the tempo in the 2nd half imo.

2 hours ago, ... said:

That sounds like 6/10 in the excitement scale.

I'm at least on a 9. I can't maintain this until kick-off, as the blood is draining from other parts of my body.

Well perhaps I was a little off, Paterson’s stats have improved, made a few good passes, kept away from contact almost all of the first half and actually completed ONE tackle, our captain having a Mare again, over hitting passes and giving the ball away

This is an absolute horrid performance against a not very good side. They are dodgy at the back and not much up front. Onamah, Bannan and reach the only quality. Funnily enough that may trump our quality. We have zero creativity and zero finishers in this squad. A bunch of hard working runners. We may win this game but this feels like a languid lazy mid April match where we are staying up but not close to playoffs. We feel to me like Man U. No identity to our play and everything seems off the cuff. Difference is we don’t have the individual quality and playing like this will see us lose more than we win.

The only saving grace of this side is that our CBs, LB and GK have been upgraded. I know we sold two defenders but defenders that got us 10-12 goals combined. Then Bobby Reid who was a classy champ player probably in the Ince mould of quality here and not quite prem quality. We need better forwards and at least 1 creative midfield player. Also Lloyd Kelly has so much ability on the ball but looks scared to take a chance. Would like to see him try and fizz in a 20 yard pass to the forwards feet here and there. Too bavkwards and sideways

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Pack has been shocking for a month. 

Yep and in a two you just can’t have that many poor games. I think Walsh would suit this game actually. Doubt he comes on but I’d push Brownhill forward and bring Walsh on for Pato. Pato been trying but looks unlikely to make something happen. Brownhill a bit more industrial but think more decisive in the final third

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

This is an absolute horrid performance against a not very good side. They are dodgy at the back and not much up front. Onamah, Bannan and reach the only quality. Funnily enough that may trump our quality. We have zero creativity and zero finishers in this squad. A bunch of hard working runners. We may win this game but this feels like a languid lazy mid April match where we are staying up but not close to playoffs. We feel to me like Man U. No identity to our play and everything seems off the cuff. Difference is we don’t have the individual quality and playing like this will see us lose more than we win.

The only saving grace of this side is that our CBs, LB and GK have been upgraded. I know we sold two defenders but defenders that got us 10-12 goals combined. Then Bobby Reid who was a classy champ player probably in the Ince mould of quality here and not quite prem quality. We need better forwards and at least 1 creative midfield player. Also Lloyd Kelly has so much ability on the ball but looks scared to take a chance. Would like to see him try and fizz in a 20 yard pass to the forwards feet here and there. Too bavkwards and sideways

Are you at the game? I don’t recognise your description of it.

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Weds came back into game last 10 mins, moving the ball a bit quicker as we stand off and watch - none more guilty than Pato, who after a bright start has gone back into hiding not showing for the ball and doing sod all with it when he does get it.

Pack's passing been wayward again and he looks like he is running through treacle at times.

Walsh for pack??.....don't be an egg plant!!

Agree with the other two changes & would get COD on to start second half..

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

With respect, I have absolutely no idea what game you’re watching, but it’s definitely not this one. 

I have to say (with gritted teeth) Holloway makes a decent co-commentator with his references to combine harvester challenges and some insights into the formations etc. He did call Lee 'Gary' on one occasion but I don't think he has any animosity for City anymore, if anything he might have a Warnock style soft spot although that's probably going too far.  There's always a bit of pantomime in football with love and hate figures like Holloway and Warnock but for supporters with a sense of fun they add a but of colour to the game.

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

Are you at the game? I don’t recognise your description of it.

Yep and I am generally positive. Too many touches from Baker. Too much indecisiveness around their box. So many sideways and backwards passes and there are pockets to exploit. Hunt getting some space down the right but generally poor crossing more of a hope. More silly mistakes like set pieces where our CBs get forward then the free kick goes sideways and never hit their box. It is lethargic and we have seen this side play so much better and sorry but it isn’t close to those. I appreciate we are a better defensive side but we are so scared to make a mistake we don’t try to be inventive. 

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Pack has misplaced a few passes and crosses but controlled things well. Harsh criticism

But everything he has done otherwise has been sideways or backwards. He's even looking to go backward with every free kick. 

I have complained about lack of movement (bar Taylor) in front of the play all half, but I can't really blame the forward players when they make a run and the ball doesn't come forward anyway. 

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

LK clearly under instruction not to cross the half way line in possession - so frustrating & ridiculous 

Why does he keep stopping and passing sideways or backwards with acres of open space in front of him 

Aghhhhhhhhhhghgh

:grr:

He always does that doesn't he? 

6 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

I have to say (with gritted teeth) Holloway makes a decent co-commentator with his references to combine harvester challenges and some insights into the formations etc. He did call Lee 'Gary' on one occasion but I don't think he has any animosity for City anymore, if anything he might have a Warnock style soft spot although that's probably going too far.  There's always a bit of pantomime in football with love and hate figures like Holloway and Warnock but for supporters with a sense of fun they add a but of colour to the game.

He's always complimentary about us whenever I've heard him commentate on us. I reckon he knows it winds us up.............

Archived