IGNORED

Has Lee reached his pinnacle?

Top Robin

That step from mid table championship football to genuine promotion contenders requires a bit more than Lee has....a clever footballing brain, experience and good decision making.

Im not sure he will ever have the qualities to get us over the line and we will be spluttering in the mid to lower reaches of the championship or worse for the foreseeable future. 

There are some good footballers in our squad and i am really convinced that a better manager would have drilled this team into a decent outfit......as opposed to what we saw today.

8 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

That step from mid table championship football to genuine promotion contenders requires a bit more than Lee has....a clever footballing brain, experience and good decision making.

Im not sure he will ever have the qualities to get us over the line and we will be spluttering in the mid to lower reaches of the championship or worse for the foreseeable future. 

There are some good footballers in our squad and i am really convinced that a better manager would have drilled this team into a decent outfit......as opposed to what we saw today.

You assume the club wants us to be promotion contenders. The signs are that the medium term aim is to improve the finances by developing and selling players while maintaining Championship status.

That requires a head coach who is prepared to live with that and the limits it places on him. Indeed LJ himself said earlier in the season that he didn't want it all to be about the future, suggesting that is exactly the aim and that he gets frustrated by it too.

Would anyone argue with the fact we were the better team today. And we missed chances because we lack quality in the final 3rd, and we lost to a team who had 2 chances and took them? I think that's a pretty fair summation.

The performance wasn't the issue, the lack of quality was. That isn't Johnsons fault.

As I've said in previous threads, you sell your better players, don't replace them, what do you expect? 

Honestly, what do people actually expect? On paper we look mid table, and that's what we are. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Would anyone argue with the fact we were the better team today. And we missed chances because we lack quality in the final 3rd, and we lost to a team who had 2 chances and took them? I think that's a pretty fair summation.

The performance wasn't the issue, the lack of quality was. That isn't Johnsons fault.

As I've said in previous threads, you sell your better players, don't replace them, what do you expect? 

Honestly, what do people actually expect? On paper we look mid table, and that's what we are. 

Disagree, there are other clubs in this league who ‘sell’ their better players and continue to improve. Brentford is a prime example.

I agree we have created chances but we haven’t taken them. The club wants to become self sufficient and that isn’t a bad thing 

2 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

We didn’t create chances (which we promptly missed) they gifted them as we did  for them

Lack of quality - who recruited , signed , and picks the players

Who is meant to have an actual plan and a way of playing (Maybe you can explain it to me)

Who plays tombola with game plans and seleclions 

Some of the players were abysmal today but stop making excuses for the Head Coach

5 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

lack of quality not Johnson's fault, you are joking I assume, every one of those players are players he signed and coaches.

4 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

We were nowhere near the team we were back in December

Some people need a really check he set the team up well today and it was working we where the better side of 60mins before 2 poor mistakes cost us just how is that Lee's fault, we are a mid tablet side in this league lacking the big names up front and on days like this it will cost us as we don't take our chances, that's got more to do with the club not wanting to spend millions, Lee is just making the best of what he's been given 

4 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Hang on a sec....

This wasn't a one off game where the quality wasn't there. The quality isn't there because the players Johnson have bought in are just not good enough. And to many of them are certainly not improving under his coaching 

This is HIS team. HIS players. HIS way of doing things 

Nothing changes. Players come ....player go. But no matter what ....we are still powder puff with absolutely no real quality 

At some point the buck has to stop with the manager 

6 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

You are absolute deluded. Two chances? Clean through in the first half? Free header missed in the first half. Plus another couple in the second half. Give it a rest.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We didn’t create chances (which we promptly missed) they gifted them as we did  for them

Lack of quality - who recruited , signed , and picks the players

Who is meant to have an actual plan and a way of playing (Maybe you can explain it to me)

Who plays tombola with game plans and seleclions 

Some of the players were abysmal today but stop making excuses for the Head Coach

We created chances. We got in dangerous areas. 

You talk about recruitment, you sell a player like Bobby Reid. To replace him to the same standard it's 1. A lot of money (which we don't spend), 2. You're looking at players like Assombolonga, Tammy etc... why would they come to City? We're forced to gamble once again on an unknown quantity.

Answer my original question, look at our squad, do you really think we're anything better than mid table. 

Ironically you mentioned set up, we changed system and look good today, dominated first half and large portions of second half. Hope he sticks to that or atleast play that extra man in midfield. We'll see! 

4 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Some people need a really check he set the team up well today and it was working we where the better side of 60mins before 2 poor mistakes cost us just how is that Lee's fault, we are a mid tablet side in this league lacking the big names up front and on days like this it will cost us as we don't take our chances, that's got more to do with the club not wanting to spend millions, Lee is just making the best of what he's been given 

This

29 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

He reached his pinnacle long ago, we went on a disastrous run halted by another half about run then repeat and repeat!!! We look a poor side, so fragile and immobile, styles changing week in week out.. 

Lee Johnson does not deserve any more time as BCFC manager!! It’s that simple!

31 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Pretty much my thoughts at the moment. If we are to progress I think a change is needed (Moyes ? ... I'm not sure) but I think LJ has now found his level.

7 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

We created chances. We got in dangerous areas. 

You talk about recruitment, you sell a player like Bobby Reid. To replace him to the same standard it's 1. A lot of money (which we don't spend), 2. You're looking at players like Assombolonga, Tammy etc... why would they come to City? We're forced to gamble once again on an unknown quantity.

Answer my original question, look at our squad, do you really think we're anything better than mid table. 

Ironically you mentioned set up, we changed system and look good today, dominated first half and large portions of second half. Hope he sticks to that or atleast play that extra man in midfield. We'll see! 

He’s spent over 40 million pounds - the claim from many was that we had upgraded (Were you one of the many who made those claims ?)

Are the next batch of excuses already prepared ? 

As a apologist for every5hing , i suggest you get thinking of some

Archived