IGNORED

Has Lee reached his pinnacle?

Top Robin

8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Hang on a sec....

This wasn't a one off game where the quality wasn't there. The quality isn't there because the players Johnson have bought in are just not good enough. And to many of them are certainly not improving under his coaching 

This is HIS team. HIS players. HIS way of doing things 

Nothing changes. Players come ....player go. But no matter what ....we are still powder puff with absolutely no real quality 

At some point the buck has to stop with the manager 

Our financial philosophy means we sell big, buy cheap. Hard to progress.

Flint, Pack, Reid, Bryan, Brownhill, O'dowda, Eliasson to name a few have all improved under Johnson. 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He’s spent over 40 million pounds - the claim from many was that we had upgraded (Were you one of the many who made those claims ?)

Are the next batch of excuses already prepared ? 

Selling a 20+ goal scorer and replacing with a guy who has scored 3 in 84. No mate, I wasn't one of them. 

Yes spent £40m, but look at the net spend in those 3 years. Makes for different reading. 

1 minute ago, ForeverRes said:

Our financial philosophy means we sell big, buy cheap. Hard to progress.

Flint, Pack, Reid, Bryan, Brownhill, O'dowda, Eliasson to name a few have all improved under Johnson. 

cheap

:laughcont:

priceless .....

Over £40 million

50 players

(Lots Of money wasted)

Cheap

2 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Selling a 20+ goal scorer and replacing with a guy who has scored 3 in 84. No mate, I wasn't one of them. 

Yes spent £40m, but look at the net spend in those 3 years. Makes for different reading. 

In essence the job seems too much for him

We had a 2 million pound striker on bench today and a £6 million one occasionally breaking sweat on ot

And a £1.7 million right back that I wouldn’t pay £100k. for...shall I go on

So I don’t think lack of money spent is any valid excuse, insead Of desperately finding excuses for Johnson, try , just for once,  at Looking how we’ve used that money

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In essence the job seems too much for him

We had a 2 million pound striker on bench today and a £6 million one occasionally breaking sweat on ot

And a £1.7 million right back that I wouldn’t pay £100k. for...shall I go on

So I don’t think lack of money spent is any valid excuse, insead Of desperately finding excuses for Johnson, try , just for once,  at Looking how we’ve used that money

Hunt was good today! What are you on about?

You talk like £2mill is a lot of money !! It's nothing.. most clubs will have a £2mill striker, many will have £10mill striker. 

Were average, and we are playing averagely... why are you acting in such disbelief? 

25 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

I don’t think Johnson is the best manager In the Championship but vice verca I don’t think he’s the worst. He needs to sort out consistency, but generally our defence needs to be more adaptable. We can’t deal with changing it up for a change of pace and that’s not Johnson’s fault 

Who’s fault is it then he signed the players and we check the character and dna to make sure they fit into the group 

7 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

You talk like £2mill is a lot of money !! It's nothing.. most clubs will have a £2mill striker, many will have £10mill striker. 

Were average, and we are playing averagely... why are you acting in such disbelief? 

Hunt .......good

wtf....seriously...wtf

I literally lost count the number of times he gave the ball away , (Again) ran into trouble, was caught out of position , float crap crosses to their keeper, and the worst bit ....completely sick of him half heartedly joggingback when we lose the ball

It was him losing the ball for about the fifth time in a row that started the problem for their second gift

Abysmal

Really abysmal

8 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Few Clubs in this division who’ve never spent 2 million on any player or even £1.7 million let alone on a L2 standard full back

43 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Did nothing before he came here. Done nothing since he got here. He's a league 1 journeyman manager like his old man. Were stagnating with a team of very average players. SSDD

He's had 3 clubs each being a progression, hardly the definition of a journeyman manager

18 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Who’s fault is it then he signed the players and we check the character and dna to make sure they fit into the group 

Kalas- injured 

kelly- class

baker- bang average, shaky 

hunt - has his moments, generally inconsistent 

webster - decent

dasilva - decent 

Out of the defenders we’ve signed , one is proving to Be difficult. BAker was signed last year to play with flint, and wasn’t expected to start this year. Not LJ’s fault that Watkins Injured Kalas. 

2 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

Kalas- injured 

kelly- class

baker- bang average, shaky 

hunt - has his moments, generally inconsistent 

webster - decent

dasilva - decent 

Out of the defenders we’ve signed , one is proving to Be difficult. BAker was signed last year to play with flint, and wasn’t expected to start this year. Not LJ’s fault that Watkins Injured Kalas. 

You forgot Bailey, bang average on good money, backer a mistake on legs on good money, hunt been poor so far again would be on good money, lj must be very unlucky or just can’t spot a player 

2 hours ago, Sturny said:

Even if we finish 21st with LJ he won't be sacked. 

This baseless myth continues.

It is a matter of record that LJ’s position was considered when we were at our lowest ebb in 16/17. They kept faith, and were proven right with a strong finish that season and an improved league position last year.

If he were to finish 21st this year that would be a significant backward step set against stated expectations of further league position improvement, and he may well be fired.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This baseless myth continues.

It is a matter of record that LJ’s position was considered when we were at our lowest ebb in 16/17. They kept faith, and were proven right with a strong finish that season and an improved league position last year.

If he were to finish 21st this year that would be a significant backward step set against stated expectations of further league position improvement, and he may well be fired.

I doubt it. If you don't think LJ gets special treatment then ?

2 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

We created chances. We got in dangerous areas. 

You talk about recruitment, you sell a player like Bobby Reid. To replace him to the same standard it's 1. A lot of money (which we don't spend), 2. You're looking at players like Assombolonga, Tammy etc... why would they come to City? We're forced to gamble once again on an unknown quantity.

Answer my original question, look at our squad, do you really think we're anything better than mid table. 

Ironically you mentioned set up, we changed system and look good today, dominated first half and large portions of second half. Hope he sticks to that or atleast play that extra man in midfield. We'll see! 

We apparently lost 18m last year- we had to sell, we had to restructure.

I'm not expecting great things this year, however at the same time LJ needs to set us up better- no two ways about that.

Archived