IGNORED

Sri Lanka v England.

B1ackbird

Unfortunately with talkshites funding from Murdoch they’re only going after more coverage ?

Good knock by Jennings so far. Glad we’ve persisted finally with an opener as changing every 3 tests wasn’t going to solve the problem 

• Admin

Seems odd to me that we declared when we did.

Jennings 4 away from a 150, Curran comes in, at the non strikers end for one ball then they declare???

Either declare after the wicket of Foakes or let Jennings get to 150 . .. . .  or am I missing something?

16 hours ago, RedDave said:

Aggers is on the radio covering it from a studio. Better than the Talksport2 train crash

On BBC website. Not sure if on LW

7 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Once again, anyone who correctly refuses to listen to talkshite could try Guerilla Cricket via tunein. Excellent coverage which rose from the ashes of Test Match Sofa.

Thanks chaps but I`m out on the road and listen via DAB in the car.

Ah well, cash is king I guess and bugger the quality.

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'd make him earn his place back. Wasn't in good form at the back end of the summer and had a strop about Buttler keeping wicket ahead of him. 

Now the selectors have Foakes in the keeping mix. Spoilt for choice imv...all three of them are very decent batsmen.

I can't really see how Bairstow gets in the team.  The ways he would are:

1. Drop Burns and he (or Moeen) opens the batting.  I wouldn't do that as we need to find a long-term fix at the top of the order.

2. Drop Rashid and only play two spinners.  Leaves us a bit light on the bowling front and would mean Root would need to bowl more

3. Drop Foakes.  Can't do that for obvious reasons!

Can anyone see any of these three things happening?  I can't see any other way he gets in.  Amazing really considering how good a batsman he is. He certainly should not be keeping wicket.  

2 hours ago, tommytank1985 said:

What a player Sam Curran is becoming 

I see him & Woakes being the future Broad/Jimmy combo. Though he can bat as well! 

Great knock from Jos too - they got the recall to the test side spot on for him, too good not to be a test player.  If only we could fix the other 4-5 above him.

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep......be good to see Root get his century. 93 no.......

No reviews left for either side.........Moeen was technically not out but England had no reviews left........:facepalm:

Wasted our reviews earlier.

Archived