IGNORED

Sri Lanka v England.

B1ackbird

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

it`s just a shame that, yet again the match probably won`t go into a fifth day or if it does, it`ll only be for an hour or so. The time will come I`m sure when Sky will put their foot down and insist tests are only over four days due to the 20% of advertising revenue they`re missing out on every time.

Although had this been 4 days it would have made it quite interesting in sense SL would have had to go for it more 

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Although had this been 4 days it would have made it quite interesting in sense SL would have had to go for it more 

You`re probably right. I do think it will have to change though - the stats for tests going into a fifth day over the last few years are ridiculous, about 10% or something and I just can`t see Sky or whoever continuing to pay for five days coverage and only getting four. As we all know, TV rules these days and they`ll just insist on it. 

Mind you, all that will probably happen is they`ll schedule an ODI for the former fifth day.

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

5 for the ?-  I personally hope they stick with this side and go for the 3-0.  Lots of positives going on in that 11 

Leach 5 for and under 3 top bowling! 

Talk is that with 2-0 up it’s an opportunity to rest Anderson and bring in Stone and possibly Bairstow. 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Leach 5 for and under 3 top bowling! 

Talk is that with 2-0 up it’s an opportunity to rest Anderson and bring in Stone and possibly Bairstow. 

I've got a feeling they will give Broad a run out, wouldn't be surprised to see Bairstow in for Curran if he's doubtful. 

7 minutes ago, Super said:

I have to agree. Comes across as a spoilt brat at times.

One such example

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/11560141/jonny-bairstow-says-losing-england-wicketkeeping-role-was-hard-to-take

Seems like a striker complaining at playing wing, or a CB playing full back.

If I was Foakes I don't think I'd be too pally with Bairstow. 

Compared to Buttler who just gets on with it, wicketkeeper or not

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

One such example

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/11560141/jonny-bairstow-says-losing-england-wicketkeeping-role-was-hard-to-take

Seems like a striker complaining at playing wing, or a CB playing full back.

If I was Foakes I don't think I'd be too pally with Bairstow. 

Compared to Buttler who just gets on with it, wicketkeeper or not

Your definition of spoilt brat must be different to mine. I watched that and just saw a guy gutted to be injured and out of the side and willing to do anything to get back into it. 

2 hours ago, tommytank1985 said:

Your definition of spoilt brat must be different to mine. I watched that and just saw a guy gutted to be injured and out of the side and willing to do anything to get back into it. 

He threw his toys out of the pram when he had the keeper role taken away from him. 

Archived