IGNORED

England U21, Kelly/DaSilva

formerly known as ivan

22 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

The OS says that Dasilva played 90 minutes at RIGHT back against Scotland. If that is right, might that be a route into our team, if he can't get in in the left?

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is a right back and played 90 mins, bbc sport usually displays in team position order and has Dasilva where LB would be

I feel that DaSilva may be to small physically to make it into the big time.  Kelly on the other hand is tall and physically strong for his age.  Lloyd Kelly can definitely make it my view and just needs experience and a couple of years to build into a physical monster. I prefer him at LB, but he certainly seems to have the attributes to make it as a CB as well.

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I feel that DaSilva may be to small physically to make it into the big time.  Kelly on the other hand is tall and physically strong for his age.  Lloyd Kelly can definitely make it my view and just needs experience and a couple of years to build into a physical monster. I prefer him at LB, but he certainly seems to have the attributes to make it as a CB as well.

He’ll be fine imo. He’s got too much natural ability to not make it in the championship/premier league.

Baines/Lahm/Alba all same height. 

Also I notice that Wales U-21s beat Switzerland 3-1 last night and we scored all the goals (Lemonheigh-Evans 2, Morrell 1).  I do wonder when these players will be ready to get their chance for us.  It would be very sad if we were producing a crop of promising youngsters who never get the chance to show what they can do in a first team shirt.

Archived