IGNORED

Walsh must play but that means a change in formation.

Ashtonwurzel

3 hours ago, RedEyez said:

How hardly anyone has Taylor starting in their ideal formations is a mystery. Along with Kalas and Eliasson, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Mystery?  Yes, big dilemma, and why I refrain usually from choosing “elevens” because there are too many options in the modern game, where rotation / rest plays a big part.  One version of the above (in my head) was Taylor up top, with Weimann wide right or left.  I guess I was referring more to a set-up, rather than those players necessarily being first choice.  I’ve grown to rate Taylor (to an extent!!!) and he’d always be in my 18, starts or subs depend on lots of factors.

With one up top you can easily fall into the Tottenham - Kane trap, where it’s difficult to recruit cover.

23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Mystery?  Yes, big dilemma, and why I refrain usually from choosing “elevens” because there are too many options in the modern game, where rotation / rest plays a big part.  One version of the above (in my head) was Taylor up top, with Weimann wide right or left.  I guess I was referring more to a set-up, rather than those players necessarily being first choice.  I’ve grown to rate Taylor (to an extent!!!) and he’d always be in my 18, starts or subs depend on lots of factors.

With one up top you can easily fall into the Tottenham - Kane trap, where it’s difficult to recruit cover.

Maybe we should offer to take Kane on a loan.

Tottenham should bite our hands off for that, as it would solve their problem with recruiting cover.

Once Kanes loan ends their new striker would have to show he deserves to keep the spot, plus if we absolutely needed to I suppose we could give Kane some playing time here to keep him match fit.

Win-win for all involved.

On 30/10/2018 at 15:08, RedEyez said:

How hardly anyone has Taylor starting in their ideal formations is a mystery. Along with Kalas and Eliasson, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

The problem with Taylor is his general lack of scoring threat. So in a one striker formation where does he play? Can you move him out wide? Not a central midfielder in a 433. He starts up front so then who scores? Eliasson not a regular scorer. Weimann scored 5 out wide last season. Watkins done it from wide before but then who sits? Eliasson? Weimann? 

In a 442 he is in my team 100% but eventually he will need to add goals to his game

40 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

On the basis that he did the Press Conference with Dean, would suggest that he's going to start on Saturday.

Hope he's able to carry on where he left off against Stoke ??

Da Silva did the stoke one but didn’t start. I hope he starts as what more could he do after last week 

Archived