IGNORED

Lee Johnson lovers

Alan Dicks

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

Go hang your heads in shame. 

The performances continue to get worse and worse every week, yet you lot continue to see something in this man that most don't. 

Steve L get him out first thing Monday morning and admit you got it all wrong.

He really has to go

Poor manager

Season card holders are not turning up

The bullshit he will come out with 

2 wins in 10

Shall I go on?

I have been a supporter of Johnson but today was absolutely dire and I can’t any hope it will improve.

he always sets a team up to match the opposition when he should set his stall out on a set formation and play the best players to suit that formation and let the opposition worry about us for a change.

continues to play players who are woefully out of form like Weismann/Paterson and especially pack, takes Walsh off when pack should have gone.

he hit his peak last year and sadly I think he is not going to take us any further.

17 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I have been a supporter of Johnson but today was absolutely dire and I can’t any hope it will improve.

he always sets a team up to match the opposition when he should set his stall out on a set formation and play the best players to suit that formation and let the opposition worry about us for a change.

continues to play players who are woefully out of form like Weismann/Paterson and especially pack, takes Walsh off when pack should have gone.

he hit his peak last year and sadly I think he is not going to take us any further.

Absolutely, choose a style of play and stick with it, regardless of the opponents.

I feel that he is scrambling around for a solution and can't find it.

I pretty sure a Barnsley fan said pretty much the same thing happened when he was there.

I think our good form up to December last year was in the main due to injuries restricting the opportunity to get the tombola machine out.

Can I just say that, just because I don't constantly call for LJs head, don't come on here to start threads criticising him every week, criticising individual players, waiting for the final whistle to go (secretly hoping we don't snatch an equaliser that would reduce the impact) to launch into another Johnson out thread, doesn't make me a "Johnson lover". I'll support whoever is City's manager as long as they're in post (and that's not my decision) provided they seem to have Citys best interests at heart, and nothing LJ has done makes me think otherwise. For me, that's about being a "City lover". I don't see how constantly reading LJ out stuff does any more for the club than jeering our striker does anything for his confidence. 

The problem as I see it is that the players are a reflection of the head coach. There are no nasty players out there.

We were out competed today by the better team for the whole 90 minutes.

In any football game you have to compete first & win your battles, this then creates the platform to push on on the front foot much in the way of the Stoke 2nd half. In Eliasson & Pato  they were the wrong subs at the wrong time. Eliasson is never going past his defender and Pato drifts in and out. I would've brought on Taylor & COD.

First and foremost we must compete and just don't think we've been. doing that of late.

Looking at the squad you would have to say Baker (if fit), Watkins and Taylor must start because they give you that little bit of bite and directness.

Without a doubt I cannot get the reason for the formation today and that belongs to the manager. However, irrespective of the formation played, surely the players are 100% culpable for not being able to control a ball. 

I lost count of the number of times we misplaced simple passes, failed to receive the ball correctly etc etc. It was awful. 

That sort of performance isn't down to one person. 

2 hours ago, glen humphries said:

Sadly things will have to get a lot worse for anything to happen, very frustrating 

Unfortunately I think you’re right. City, under LJ, reminds me of the film Groundhog Day where a weatherman finds himself reliving the same day over and over again. That’s what we’ll get for a lot longer with LJ and Steve Lansdown.  A few wins, followed by week’s of dire result, until there is a brief recovery of form to save the day. Over and over again 

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Unfortunately I think you’re right. City, under LJ, reminds me of the film Groundhog Day where a weatherman finds himself reliving the same day over and over again. That’s what we’ll get for a lot longer with LJ and Steve Lansdown.  A few wins, followed by week’s of dire result, until there is a brief recovery of form to save the day. Over and over again 

Well according to Johnson on RB

We won four , lost two , then lost two and ‘ must address the inconsistency’

So Lee , where were the two wins after he two defeats 

Bullshit and spin continues

Totally deluded

Ps Lee - we’ve only won game since the four game run

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well according to Johnson on RB

We won four , lost two , then lost two and ‘ must address the inconsistency’

So Lee , where were the two wins after he two defeats 

Bullshit and spin continues

Totally deluded

Ps Lee - we’ve only won game since the four game run

if he said that he seriously needs the men in white coats to come and get him soon 

1 minute ago, nellie said:

if he said that he seriously needs the men in white coats to come and get him soon 

I promise you he did

The original quote from me was mistyped he said 

We won four , lost two, won two 

As I said hard to win two in a row since the four Lee - we’ve only won one since then

RB post match interview

Embarrassing

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I promise you he did

The original quote from me was mistyped he said 

We won four , lost two, won two 

As I said hard to win two in a row since the four Lee - we’ve only won one since then

RB post match interview

Embarrassing

you know i was very vocal about him a while back 

4 minutes ago, nellie said:

you know i was very vocal about him a while back 

Apologies if you misunderstood 

Wasn’t making a point at you :thumbsup:

just his thinking

Tbf thinking back we have won two since the four Hull/ Brentford but his portrayal was we win two , lose two

Not at the moment we don’t Lee

And good luck in the next four 

• Admin

I'm a bit confused by something and I hope that someone knows more than me on this situation

We recently arranged a fixture at Yeovil to give game time to Eisa and Adelukan, yesterday we had an U23's match against Plymouth Argyle, a chance to give both of these players some game time yet that neither of them played a single minute

I can't understand why we arrange a game to give them game time, yet when there is an ideal fixture to give them more minutes, neither are to be seen!!

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm a bit confused by something and I hope that someone knows more than me on this situation

We recently arranged a fixture at Yeovil to give game time to Eisa and Adelukan, yesterday we had an U23's match against Plymouth Argyle, a chance to give both of these players some game time yet that neither of them played a single minute

I can't understand why we arrange a game to give them game time, yet when there is an ideal fixture to give them more minutes, neither are to be seen!!

No idea, but are they on the rumoured Dubai trip?

On 10/11/2018 at 17:08, Vil1 said:

Awful 1 shot on goal .how on earth is he still in charge! Embarrassing now .has fammy been smoking pot before games so laid back and lazy get rid of both

Have to say I completely disagree with the comment on Fammy.  He has been woeful, but to call him lazy is ridiculous.  He puts the effort in, he just doesn't have the ability/performance to match it.  He also can't play with Weimann (or rather the other way round at least....I don't think it's too much of a coincidence that Andi looked good for the first half a dozen matches or so).

On 10/11/2018 at 17:28, Fuber said:

All due resdpect Selred. Russell Osman gave my old man great memories against Liverpool.

Doesn't mean he wasn't a shocking manager though.

This comment makes me feel old!

How many times does it need to be said?

LJ is a Yes Man. If we sack LJ, Lansdown will replace him with another Yes Man, and we'll be in no better a position than we are now.

I've got absolutely nothing against LJ. In fact, I'd say I'm one of those fans that needs to "hang my head in shame:. I won't hang my head in shame, though, because I have the sense to see that LJ isn't the problem.

As I said in the other thread, LJ's goal for this season is to get 10th or above. Read it again, so it sinks in. 10th or above. Lansdown loves LJ, so I reckon he'll keep his job if we're around 12-14th, since we lost a handful of solid players. That's the reality of the situation, and since we're in 13th on a poor run I'd say he's not too far off of where he should be.

I'll say it again, in bold and in large font, for those that are hard of reading.

LJ's goal for this season is to get 10th or above.

To be frank, I wasn't sold on LJ's appointment, but I'm now of the mind that he's a credible coach at this level. I do think we'd benefit from a manager over a coach, but we won't get that under Lansdown. The club has a set way of how it wants Bristol City to play, the players we bring into the squad, and the budget we have for each season, and that doesn't leave much wiggle room for management choice.

Archived