IGNORED

New Book On Bristol City 1975-80

handsofclay

David Woods has informed me that his new book on Bristol City is at the printers and will hopefully be ready for publication before Xmas.

It is 440 pages in length with over 200 photographs. It focuses on the promotion season of 1975-76 and then the four seasons in the old 1st Division, 1976-80. There are recollections from all the players, and Gerry Gow's son, as well as other personalities and information on what the players are doing now. There is a history of City during that period as well as a wider history of the time to put it into context. There are also pictures of Green 'Un  headlines and Evening Post headlines etc. A very thorough examination of our last time in the top flight.

I will provide more info when the book is ready for release, but thought I'd give you prior knowledge of its availability before Xmas now so you can cut back on gifts for the other half etc and spend it on that instead. Or, as a gift idea for someone for you.

On 14/11/2018 at 09:28, handsofclay said:

David Woods has informed me that his new book on Bristol City is at the printers and will hopefully be ready for publication before Xmas.

It is 440 pages in length with over 200 photographs. It focuses on the promotion season of 1975-76 and then the four seasons in the old 1st Division, 1976-80. There are recollections from all the players, and Gerry Gow's son, as well as other personalities and information on what the players are doing now. There is a history of City during that period as well as a wider history of the time to put it into context. There are also pictures of Green 'Un  headlines and Evening Post headlines etc. A very thorough examination of our last time in the top flight.

I will provide more info when the book is ready for release, but thought I'd give you prior knowledge of its availability before Xmas now so you can cut back on gifts for the other half etc and spend it on that instead. Or, as a gift idea for someone for you.

Hi @handsofclay, any more info on this book? 

On 06/12/2018 at 10:13, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Hi @handsofclay, any more info on this book? 

I've now been in contact with David Woods and it is hoped that the book will be available from next Friday. A book signing date has been pencilled in in the corridor outside The Heineken Bar from 3pm next Saturday before the Norwich game. Gerry Sweeney, Tom Ritchie and, hopefully, Ray Cashley will be in attendance along with the author.

The book has cost nearly £20 a copy to print so is being sold at £25 a copy. Due to this they won't be available in bookshops as they demand 35% commission which would then entail the price of the book rising to around the £40 mark making it prohibitive. Therefore, to purchase it outside of the book signing session one would need to contact the author direct. Once the book is available, hopefully next Friday, I will put David's e-mail address on here to enable those interested to do so. I have David's permission to do this.

On 07/12/2018 at 10:38, handsofclay said:

I've now been in contact with David Woods and it is hoped that the book will be available from next Friday. A book signing date has been pencilled in in the corridor outside The Heineken Bar from 3pm next Saturday before the Norwich game. Gerry Sweeney, Tom Ritchie and, hopefully, Ray Cashley will be in attendance along with the author.

The book has cost nearly £20 a copy to print so is being sold at £25 a copy. Due to this they won't be available in bookshops as they demand 35% commission which would then entail the price of the book rising to around the £40 mark making it prohibitive. Therefore, to purchase it outside of the book signing session one would need to contact the author direct. Once the book is available, hopefully next Friday, I will put David's e-mail address on here to enable those interested to do so. I have David's permission to do this.

Wouldn’t it be worth him doing a book sale in a suitable Pub one evening (With agreement of said Landlord)

On 16/12/2018 at 10:24, handsofclay said:

I was ensuring first that the book was available. Now that it is David's e-mail address is:

theredswearblue1909@gmail.com

@handsofclay could you check the email address you provided please, as I’m getting a bounce back that it’s not a valid email address?

Cheers!

Archived