IGNORED

Apologies from referees in past two years

cidered abroad

This is a request for factual information. It relates to the "apology" last week from the referee in the Bristol v Exeter rugby match, to Bristol Bears Head Coach, Pat Lam.

On their forum, someone said that an apology for a refereeing error would not happen in football. I remember two or three such apologies to City from referees or the Referees Association in the time that LJ has been here but cannot remember any of the details.

So cut out the sarcastic crap, does anyone remember any of these incidents, please!

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

This is a request for factual information. It relates to the "apology" last week from the referee in the Bristol v Exeter rugby match, to Bristol Bears Head Coach, Pat Lam.

On their forum, someone said that an apology for a refereeing error would not happen in football. I remember two or three such apologies to City from referees or the Referees Association in the time that LJ has been here but cannot remember any of the details.

So cut out the sarcastic crap, does anyone remember any of these incidents, please!

I can't remember the specific  games CA, but I do recall LJ stating that we had received letters of apology regarding a few games in 16/17 season - whether that actually did happen I don't know but LJ certainly talked about it more than once.

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-boss-lee-johnson-10184

I remember LJ mentioning it a season or two ago but can't remember the specific games.

My thought would be, if it did happen, would referees apologise to other clubs for incorrect decisions in our favour, therefore possibly making things even (as I believe often happens over a season in football)?

10 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I can't remember the specific  games CA, but I do recall LJ stating that we had received letters of apology regarding a few games in 16/17 season - whether that actually did happen I don't know but LJ certainly talked about it more than once.

City received  7 letters of apologies during that season. LJ confirmed as much when he was guest speaker at Senior Reds

Archived