IGNORED

Ipswich v Baggies

Lanterne Rouge

20 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Hope I’m totally wrong but feel a heavy defeat tomorrow, followed by an under par performance v Ipswich ending in a narrow defeat, again I hope I’m wrong but if it happens SL will be under serious pressure to relieve LJ of his duties.

Leeds are such a high energy team and we have become somewhat ponderous so I wouldn't be surprised if we got steamrollered.

In which case a defeat at Ipswich for a demoralised team might well follow.

Difficult to feel optimistic right now isn't it?

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Leeds are such a high energy team and we have become somewhat ponderous so I wouldn't be surprised if we got steamrollered.

In which case a defeat at Ipswich for a demoralised team might well follow.

Difficult to feel optimistic right now isn't it?

Certainly is mate, I’m usually backing and defending everyone to the hilt but even struggling to do that at present.

Unfortunately I think the pessimism is founded. Leeds team, even with all the injuries; is full of quality and energy; something we have lacked. We need a 4 3 3/ 4 5 1 to compete. But Johnson will no doubt play a 4 4 2 and we will be over run; or 3 5 2 and they will better us with a front 3.

While J Mac`s view is that 6pts from play offs (that is true but it assumes every one above will lose while we win) we are also 6pts from relegation zone (which also assumes teams below us will win while we lose) given our recent efforts and up coming games, it is more likely that any movement we make will be towards the bottom six rather than the top six.

We have a poor strike force, non existing middle and dodgey defence, oh and a manager who makes it up as he goes along but needs to find a winning team who will battle every second and quick....like today.

Hope for a draw but expect a pounding and excuses.

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Hope I’m totally wrong but feel a heavy defeat tomorrow, followed by an under par performance v Ipswich ending in a narrow defeat, again I hope I’m wrong but if it happens SL will be under serious pressure to relieve LJ of his duties.

You would like to think so. But I doubt SL would even give it a thought.

1 hour ago, Bri Stool City said:

While J Mac`s view is that 6pts from play offs (that is true but it assumes every one above will lose while we win) we are also 6pts from relegation zone (which also assumes teams below us will win while we lose) given our recent efforts and up coming games, it is more likely that any movement we make will be towards the bottom six rather than the top six.

We have a poor strike force, non existing middle and dodgey defence, oh and a manager who makes it up as he goes along but needs to find a winning team who will battle every second and quick....like today.

We can work out what his substitutes will be. I think it won’t be long until we don’t have players numbers on the electric board but a song is played for the particular player being brought on 

36 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

You would like to think so. But I doubt SL would even give it a thought.

I’m sure SL and the club are aware a large amount of season ticket holders aren’t even attending anymore due to the absolute garbage being served up by LJ and his players.. I personally won’t be going again until he’s gone, can’t bear how unbelievably terrible we are, it’s a day or evening wasted more often than not...

That is not entertainment!!!

I start a thread admiring a move by WBA in a televised match and it`s immediately hijacked by all the usual suspects.

I swear to God someone could start a thread about the 1966 World Cup win and it would be about three posts before someone says `we`d never have won it if Johnson was in charge`.

There are  plenty of threads for you to have your say on the current state of BCFC. Any chance you could stick to them?

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I start a thread admiring a move by WBA in a televised match and it`s immediately hijacked by all the usual suspects.

I swear to God someone could start a thread about the 1966 World Cup win and it would be about three posts before someone says `we`d never have won it if Johnson was in charge`.

There are  plenty of threads for you to have your say on the current state of BCFC. Any chance you could stick to them?

We wouldn't have qualified with LJ in charge, never mind winning it... 

3 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

I think what is ‘saving’ us at the moment is that we are in touch with ‘big name’ teams like Villa, Stoke, SheffWeds who are finding themselves in much the same position. We got to get a few results to pull away from being sucked into the Rotterham, Reading, Millwall type teams or Jamie Mac’s calming words may not be so convincing.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

"that's how to hit a team on the break" seems to me you think/know we don't; and it is a blatant "fishin" post........I mean like anyone cares what WBA are doing anyway

1 minute ago, Bri Stool City said:

"that's how to hit a team on the break" seems to me you think/know we don't; and it is a blatant "fishin" post........I mean like anyone cares what WBA are doing anyway

Well you clearly do otherwise why open a thread called Ipswich v Baggies?

And don`t put words into my mouth - you have no right. You have no idea why I posted the thread so just keep your snide remarks to yourself please.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think what is ‘saving’ us at the moment is that we are in touch with ‘big name’ teams like Villa, Stoke, SheffWeds who are finding themselves in much the same position. We got to get a few results to pull away from being sucked into the Rotterham, Reading, Millwall type teams or Jamie Mac’s calming words may not be so convincing.

Well we have managed 1pt so far from 2 of those "type teams" and will soon be looking to improve on that v Ipswich (rock bottom) and Millwall, I wont be betting much on that happening though.

Believe it or not I really hope we go on a record breaking winning run but think we have neither the players/manager or ambition for that to happen....just yet.

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

Lots of people on here underestimated Millwall last season as well, calling them relegation fodder etc...they finished three places above us...could easily happen again...

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

That's because Bristol City F.C. are uppermost in our minds and if the performances of other Championship sides are highlighted on here comparisons with our club will always be made. We'd like to see some 'superb counter attacking' too!

No need to be too precious about the direction your threads take - you light the touchpaper by starting a thread but you have no control of the direction it takes after that. Those who respond will guide it whichever way they please.

That's the way a forum works.

49 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Lots of people on here underestimated Millwall last season as well, calling them relegation fodder etc...they finished three places above us...could easily happen again...

Weren’t they struggling until Christmas time last year as well..? 

I’m sure their season was very much like ours but in reverse. 

5 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

If we have a poor strike force, non existing midfield and dodgey (sic) defence.

How the **** are we mid-table?

Add in a manager who "makes it up as he goes along" and it's an absolute miracle.

Or perhaps, just maybe, we have an average defence, average midfield and average strike force, along with an average manager?

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If we have a poor strike force, non existing midfield and dodgey (sic) defence.

How the **** are we mid-table?

Add in a manager who "makes it up as he goes along" and it's an absolute miracle.

Or perhaps, just maybe, we have an average defence, average midfield and average strike force, along with an average manager?

Average coach on the training field perhaps - although clearly going backwards at present - and motivational capabilities seemingly well below par.

Archived