Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Super

Sol Campbell (Merged)

Recommended Posts

Good.

Like Joey Barton at Fleetwood he can learn management in the lower league rather than being parachuted into a big club with zero managerial experience just because he's a big name (and yes I do mean you Frank Lampard).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

How long do we think he'll last?

Easter

He's certainly bigged himself up enough, we'll see what he is all about now

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Good.

Like Joey Barton at Fleetwood he can learn management in the lower league rather than being parachuted into a big club with zero managerial experience just because he's a big name (and yes I do mean you Frank Lampard).

Throw in Steve Gerard’s Glasgow Rangers as well

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

How long do we think he'll last?

It is probably a shrewd choice for him taking that job.

If they do badly, well then they were rubbish anyway so he might get time. If they do well, he can take all credit.

I think he'll do OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking over the worst team in the Football League.

The only way is up.

His get out clause is already there if they do go down, but if he keeps them up then fair play to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Good.

Like Joey Barton at Fleetwood he can learn management in the lower league rather than being parachuted into a big club with zero managerial experience just because he's a big name (and yes I do mean you Frank Lampard).

Pretty sure if Sol got offered a championship job he would have taken it. Trouble is with managing the worst team in the league is if he fails he is probably finished as a manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Sounds like someone a lot closer to home!

Damn, wrong thread again, best of luck Sol 😉

49 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

I’ll give it 3 months .

8 games I reckon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox.

Easter Sunday 21st April 2019....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, When the river runs said:

Love to see Tony Adams get another chance somewhere, absolute legend.

👀, their could be a reason he’s not been given another chance , possible, because he’s been shit every where he’s been, could be wrong mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had my fair share of chuckles at him, but fair play to him in taking the top job at the bottom club in the Football League.

This is certainly the opportunity to prove the doubters wrong, but I wonder whether he'll have much clout left in the game. The likes of Lampard and Gerrard are also household names to their respective clubs, but are so fresh out of playing that they've still got great relationships with clubs and academies - enough to give them a kickstart in management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

👀, their could be a reason he’s not been given another chance , possible, because he’s been shit every where he’s been, could be wrong mind.

True but I'd love for him to succeed , he's fairly local to here as well.

Replacement for Lee 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

That Bloke's got a bigger 'ed than 'ol big ed 'imself!..

Gobshite......

Indeed, chip on both shoulders and it will be everyone else's fault if he fails.

He's (just about) still a name but none of the lads at Macc will have heard of him.

He's too up himself to succeed in L2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CodeRed said:

Indeed, chip on both shoulders and it will be everyone else's fault if he fails.

He's (just about) still a name but none of the lads at Macc will have heard of him.

He's too up himself to succeed in L2. 

He’s got won of the best football minds in the game , he said so himself.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Paul Ince it is very sad that a player such as Sol Campbell has to manage his first ever FL club at such a lowly level.

I wonder whether it is no longer a case of equal rights but rather, a yearning for 'special rights'.

Whatever the position, Ince's comments are very sad & frankly, despicable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The facts are that there are hardly any black managers, which is a ridiculous stat when there is a relatively high percentage of black players, and you have to think that there is an underlying issue for this.  I think the players raising this as an issue are spot on, statistically black managers are under represented, and unless the issue is forced it won’t change, which is a sad indictment on Football in this country.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
17 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The facts are that there are hardly any black managers, which is a ridiculous stat when there is a relatively high percentage of black players, and you have to think that there is an underlying issue for this.  I think the players raising this as an issue are spot on, statistically black managers are under represented, and unless the issue is forced it won’t change, which is a sad indictment on Football in this country.

What about France, Spain, Italy, Germany or even America etc the list is endless?

your argument as no substance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, phantom said:

Easter

He's certainly bigged himself up enough, we'll see what he is all about now

Well when he was turned down by Oxford United he said “they’ve missed out on one of the greatest minds in football...” - that’s a bold statement....at least he has the chance now to prove how good he is....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

According to Paul Ince it is very sad that a player such as Sol Campbell has to manage his first ever FL club at such a lowly level.

I wonder whether it is no longer a case of equal rights but rather, a yearning for 'special rights'.

Whatever the position, Ince's comments are very sad & frankly, despicable.

Absolute farcical what Ince has came out and said imo, saying Campbell deserves a job at a higher level?? On what basis is that then, apparently because he’s a legend in the game :facepalm: pretty sure that doesn’t mean your a good enough manager, and as for him bringing race into again when it has no bearing whatsoever on whether a manager is black/white or whatever, if they are good enough they will get a job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Indeed, chip on both shoulders and it will be everyone else's fault if he fails.

He's (just about) still a name but none of the lads at Macc will have heard of him.

He's too up himself to succeed in L2. 

The way he reacted as a player at Notts County was disgraceful.....when he stormed out their fans had a banner that deserves eternal praise...”We had Sol but he’s not a soldier...”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Robbored said:

If he gets sacked he’ll claim it’s because he's black......

He is Macclesfield's third black manager in ten years.

 

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

 and as for him bringing race into again when it has no bearing whatsoever on whether a manager is black/white or whatever, if they are good enough they will get a job.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, When the river runs said:

 

He lives in the Cotswolds near cirencester and has done for some time 👍.

 

He’ll kick himself when DC is booted out of the Mem....he could have joined a club with a massive, loyal following....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The facts are that there are hardly any black managers, which is a ridiculous stat when there is a relatively high percentage of black players, and you have to think that there is an underlying issue for this.  I think the players raising this as an issue are spot on, statistically black managers are under represented, and unless the issue is forced it won’t change, which is a sad indictment on Football in this country.

No not really, if you are good enough & put the effort in (as well as conducting oneself properly) you will get a chance eventually esoecially in these days.

I can remember back to the days of the late Keith Alexander at Lincoln City who was a thoroughly decent man & did a good job irrespective of the colour of his skin. JFH at Burton did well & then got a bigger job at QPR based on his performance on the pitch with Burton - he then got sacked purely because of results.

Look at Nuno at Wolves - top manager & his side plays very good football - I don't see the colour of his skin - he's a quality coach & strikes me as an intelligent human being.

Dwight Yorke has applied for many jobs apparently & none more so than his beloved Villa.

Now tell me Tinman, in that rattling shell of yours, Yorke didn't get the Villa job purely because of the colour of his skin - is that right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’ll kick himself when DC is booted out of the Mem....he could have joined a club with a massive, loyal following....

Even if he managed the gas he'd still be a legend for me.

He maybe in the running for that job if and when it becomes available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, When the river runs said:

Even if he managed the gas he'd still be a legend for me.

He maybe in the running for that job if and when it becomes available

Fair play.....why is he a legend to you? Genuinely interested...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, glen humphries said:

He’s got won of the best football minds in the game , he said so himself.

Don't you just hate spellcheck ?

Apparently the guy that invented spellcheck passed away recently, may he Rust In Piss.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I used to w

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play.....why is he a legend to you? Genuinely interested...

I used to watch him at Arsenal when I was a kid. A proper leader.

Since I've grown up he's done a lot with AA and help set up sporting chance which has supported many which I admire. Ive recently read his new book which might not be everyones cup of tea but definitely resonates with me.

I see him as a bit of a Flint character x 10 and Flint I liked. 

Not many like Adams any more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

 I used to w

I used to watch him at Arsenal when I was a kid. A proper leader.

Since I've grown up he's done a lot with AA and help set up sporting chance which has supported many which I admire. Ive recently read his new book which might not be everyones cup of tea but definitely resonates with me.

I see him as a bit of a Flint character x 10 and Flint I liked. 

Not many like Adams any more.

Fair enough, but I was talking about Sol Campbell....apologies if I got confused....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, but I was talking about Sol Campbell....apologies if I got confused....

Haha sorry about that then I was going on a bit.

Can't say I'm a massive fan of Sol Campbell,  but hope he does well in mangarment and he's got his chance now after giving it the big one for some time now

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, glen humphries said:

👀, their could be a reason he’s not been given another chance , possible, because he’s been shit every where he’s been, could be wrong mind.

Have you read his book sober...an excellent read and his management career  has been littered with bad luck. He has also done a fantastic job with his sporting chance charity.

a true legend I recommend the book.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greatgraham said:

What about France, Spain, Italy, Germany or even America etc the list is endless?

your argument as no substance 

??? What are you talking about ??? I don’t know what the number of black managers in those countries is as I don’t follow those leagues, however if it’s the same as here then it’s a sad indictment of the sporting world.  If it’s not the same as here and black men get the opportunities in those countries professional sports then we need to learn from that.

I’m only dealing in facts, it’s not an argument

1 hour ago, Greatgraham said:

 

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...