Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Dolman Block B

Dear SL

@Nbafc but that's too short-termist.  If you stick with LJ you have to continue to support in the market. Players here will leave, natural churn, progression, released... They need to be replaced. So you could say why pay up four contracts, I would countenance why spend millions in the transfer market for a manager who cannot deliver? Only one option is cheaper. 

If SL wants to reign in market spend too, well, we will see you in League One Steve. 

Edited by 29AR
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

It is hard to walk away /not buy ST`s but its the only thing that maybe noticed actions speak louder than words as they say.

I certainly wont be returning until he`s gone, finding other things to spend money on is no problem.

It’s not hard not to attend at the moment, I won’t be going again while LJ is in charge and won’t be renewing my season tickets... I’m quite enjoying my Saturdays again mind you on the plus side...

6 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

It’s not hard not to attend at the moment, I won’t be going again while LJ is in charge and won’t be renewing my season tickets... I’m quite enjoying my Saturdays again mind you on the plus side...

Same here

Same as many many of my mates

All pissed off bigtime 

• Like 1

Just now, Dolman Block B said:

Same here

Same as many many of my mates

All pissed off bigtime 

A largely reoccurring theme, I honestly reckon City will struggle to hit 11k season tickets next year with the LJ project still in place..

6 minutes ago, 29AR said:

@Nbafc but that's too short-termist.  If you stick with LJ you have to continue to support in the market. Players here will leave, natural churn, progression, released... They need to be replaced. So you could say why pay up four contracts, I would countenance why spend millions in the transfer market for a manager who cannot deliver? Only one option is cheaper. 

If SL wants to reign in market spend too, well, we will see you in League One Steve. 

Thanks for your reply 29AR and apologies the tone was a bit abstract.

So I agree with you, if I was SL i would absolutely remove the 4 people in question and replace them with an experienced manager immediately. The van I bought is never going to be decent so theres no point chucking any money into it, to continue the metaphor!

I know i need to move on, but if I was SL id like to think id have also recognised we had the right manager at the club and I would have made sure he was supported and allowed to do his job to the best of his abilities.

Its a sad state of affairs

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nbafc said:

So I agree with you, if I was SL i would absolutely remove the 4 people in question and replace them with an experienced manager immediately. The van I bought is never going to be decent so theres no point chucking any money into it, to continue the metaphor!

I know i need to move on, but if I was SL id like to think id have also recognised we had the right manager at the club and I would have made sure he was supported and allowed to do his job to the best of his abilities.

“f I was SL i would absolutely remove the 4 people in question and replace them with an experienced manager immediately.”

Exactly 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

A largely reoccurring theme, I honestly reckon City will struggle to hit 11k season tickets next year with the LJ project still in place..

If that is what it takes to wake SL up about the tombola kid, so be it. I shall not renew with Johnson still in situ, he's boring the hell out of us! 

Hopefully, the powers that matter are shaken into action by dreadful renewal numbers but I have no faith that they will be.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nbafc said:

I agree mate. LJ was a romantic tale, and I think he probably will make a good manager, but it's a bit like McInnes, it's too much too soon for him. This club, or particularly SL, tries to appoint an up and coming but it's too much of a shambles, because SL is too much of a shambles (Meant with absolute respect, I will explain that haha)  

When it comes to football there can be no doubt SLs heart rules his head. He buys in to the fairytale and wants to 'discover' the next big manager, or wants to fund his friends or associates - see the excellent SL job for his boys thread. The only time he has had success is appointing a wily guy who has worked his way up (GJ) or someone who will cut through the bullshit (SC). The only other time he tried it - Coppell - again his heart took over and he bought DJ on a whim and royally pissed him off so much that he walked. 

I think he's having the wool pulled over his eyes again. With MA and the 'strategy', with LJ and the 'identity' and the analysts and their 'statistics'. What SL really desperately needs is a strong, experienced manager who can say give me £xmillion and I will get you promoted; but don't question me. He had that in League One with Cotterill and it's what he needs in the Championship. But in this division he continues to favour the long odds, and it's gonna hit his pocket deep.

We aren't in a relegation scrap, but he's spent a stupid amount to prop us up to be mid-table fodder, albeit still at threat of relegation. Had he appointed a headstrong, no bullshit manager and gave the same funds, we'd be top 4 by now with the same money.

I just don't understand how he's happy to spend so, so much more to do it with a mate, but against a heavily stacked deck. This is the most competitive league in the world, I'm sure of that. You ain't going to do it with your step-son who is not up to it. 

Edited by 29AR
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Shame, time for new ones, we need to get SL to take notice.

Always been totally against the insults m*****t etc

Tbh Inthink the whole painted sheet thing is a bit tacky and if I’m honest I have a hunch it makes SL abpctually dig his heels in 

If he can’t see the reasons for concern then a few bed sheets isn’t going to sway him

I think the dwindling crowds and reaction at AG is more likely to influence him

This is where SL ought to be discussing all aspects with MA (Hmmmm.......)

Id love to know MAs honest thoughts about LJ 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, weymouth red said:

I’m a long time season ticket holder haven’t been to the last two home games can’t be bothered at moment as the crap we play and the shit that comes out Johnson’s mouth is killing my urge to go . I’m not sure if I will renew next year  unless something changes .

Me too....after today I’ve already found better things to do on the days we are playing Norwich at home and Brentford at home...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Me too....after today I’ve already found better things to do on the days we are playing Norwich at home and Brentford at home...

True mate,

That ironing won’t do itself !!!

• Haha 1

I've checked out. I did a while ago. Not been to AG since Oct 17. I don't plan on returning any time soon. I'm excited about my next visit to Twerton to see my team Bath City when I can next get there. I've genuinely checked out. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Aubergine 1

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

The football is the worst part about going to the football.

We used to joke that the match ruined a good day out.....but right now it does, it really does, it really bloody does....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We've not always seen things the same, but you're someone who knows the club inside out, breathes BCFC, has been around the block with this club, and knows the history inside out... whereas I've always thought of myself as more of a punter; I get the buzz when we battle and for me league position and form is always secondary, I just want to see blood and guts and if it ain't there, I'm easily turned away (as I was under SOD and as I am now).

For someone like you to be saying this should be mighty concerning to the powers that be  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

genuinely would support a team battling relegation, but I won't support one void of battle....

Great post....I’ve always felt that City fans’ support is more vociferous, passionate and intense when we have our backs to the wall fighting real adversity....the noise at Ashton Gate in the early ‘80s was deafening compared to the lame atmosphere nowadays....we really get behind the boys as long as it is obvious that they care and are giving everything....we’ve had some brilliant support during relegation battles etc....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Great post....I’ve always felt that City fans’ support is more vociferous, passionate and intense when we have our backs to the wall fighting real adversity....the noise at Ashton Gate in the early ‘80s was deafening compared to the lame atmosphere nowadays....we really get behind the boys as long as it is obvious that they care and are giving everything....we’ve had some brilliant support during relegation battles etc....

I wonder if that's it, our identity is the underdog, and that's what SL, MA and LJ have missed.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Brilliant. 

In my stupour drinking away the thought of Monday at work I am sat here thinking of the limited ability teams who have taken us so far through endurance. It's easy to reflect on 2007, and I'm sure your mind will think back further and to better examples,  but players like McCombe, Sproule, Byfield, Wilson, Showumni, or Basso who couldn't kick for toffee... being political they really weren't the best of players. But they would run through brick f...ing walls for the cause. They nearly got us to the promised land. Buy powderpuff crap like we have now, we can tread water threatening a relegation battle. I think it's high time we said balls to the stats or championship experience, get players - like bloody Reid - who will risk their hamstrings for every lost cause.

Johnson talks about busy bees, and it's the right idea, he has a bunch of pansies though. A bunch of pansies. Bring back the GJ interview process. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Brilliant. 

In my stupour drinking away the thought of Monday at work I am sat here thinking of the limited ability teams who have taken us so far through endurance. It's easy to reflect on 2007, and I'm sure your mind will think back further and to better examples,  but players like McCombe, Sproule, Byfield, Wilson, Showumni, or Basso who couldn't kick for toffee... being political they really weren't the best of players. But they would run through brick f...ing walls for the cause. They nearly got us to the promised land. Buy powderpuff crap like we have now, we can tread water threatening a relegation battle. I think it's high time we said balls to the stats or championship experience, get players - like bloody Reid - who will risk their hamstrings for every lost cause.

Johnson talks about busy bees, and it's the right idea, he has a bunch of pansies though. A bunch of pansies. Bring back the GJ interview process. 

Totally agree....my second favourite City player ever is Glyn Riley - he gave every bloody ounce of sweat it was possible to produce in every game for our club - at the lowest level...and I cried when he got his reward and scored those three goals at Wembley....there are countless others in that era and before who just tried their hearts out to help Bristol City....loved em...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

SL sees the forums as just outside noise so don’t know why you bother. LJ is here for many a year yet.

What about if we returned to League One and in 12 months time were home to AFC Wimbledon if front of 9000 , with a 26 million pound wage bill ?

Would that resonate on the audio sensors ?

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

There’s been plenty more anger about a manager before - SOD, McInnes, Pulis - have been equally bad if not worse. For a season GJ had a lot of anger too. 

Were mid table in the championship ffs. I’ve seen us bottom of league 1 and many on here have seen it much worse. So many OTT remarks. 

Personally I’m beginning to lose faith with LJ but some of the vitriol is incredible on here. Towards him and Lansdown. 

Even O'Driscoll had a basic game plan. The players werent suited to the style of play however. 

The difference is I could still see what S'OD was trying to implement.

I cant with LJ. And despite eating his loads of bull in each PR stunt - leaders this, identity that - its one of O'Driscoll's signings that captain.

Says it all imo. Can't recruit the right player. He's blown £30m.

Additionally, despite the fact on paper, between Hunt, Kalas, Webster, and Kelly - we have one of the better defences in the league - saying we 'struggle' to defend is not and should not be an excuse. Three of this players are experienced at this level and two of those cost around a total of £8m.

There’s been plenty more anger about a manager before - SOD, McInnes, Pulis - have been equally bad if not worse. For a season GJ had a lot of anger too. 

Were mid table in the championship ffs. I’ve seen us bottom of league 1 and many on here have seen it much worse. So many OTT remarks. 

Personally I’m beginning to lose faith with LJ but some of the vitriol is incredible on here. Towards him and Lansdown. 

Even O'Driscoll had a basic game plan. The players werent suited to the style of play however. 

I cant with LJ. And despite eating his loads of bull in each PR stunt - leaders this, identity that - its one of O'Driscoll's signings that captain.

Additionally, despite the fact on paper, between Hunt, Kalas, Webster, and Kelly - we have one of the better defences in the league - saying we 'struggle' to defend is not and should not be an excuse. Three of this players are experienced at this level and two of those cost around a total of £8m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glen humphries said:

His farts definitely do stink,

Ask Robbored. He is so far up his arse he can almost see SL's feet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I had more hope when, in December 1982, we hit 92nd in the Football League. Because we had a board with Des Williams at the helm and the great and glorious Terry Cooper leading the playing side.

TC was, in my opinion, our greatest ever manager, not for his cups or championships but because he gave us hope for a better future.

The spineless Lee Johnson is not fit to be in the same job. I wouldn't trust him with my last shilling let alone the football club that I have supported all my life.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Also factor in he had another £6million pounds worth of unused defenders , tha5 he bought on the bench

Not sure we can afford the luxury of a £4/5mil centre half and a £1.7mil full back that cant get in the side 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Also factor in he had another £6million pounds worth of unused defenders , tha5 he bought on the bench

Not sure we can afford the luxury of a £4/5mil centre half and a £1.7mil full back that cant get in the side 

As a club we can't, SL can, until be throws his toys out the pram, sacks his mate and hamstrings the club like he did when Millen went, until we hit relegation in League One and he was forced to act. Sorry, for all the SL lovers, that is what he did. That's probably what awaits us when he sacks LJ. 'If I can't get my mate through screw you all' until league two beckons. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think the £8m we spent on Hunt and Webster would buy Millwalls entire team. Add Diedhiou, Baker, and Wright and its likely £20m between the 5 of them.

Add the messes that were letting Ayling or Freeman go and its no shock we had to sell Reid at al to meet FFP.

Anyone who points and shouts "budget constraints" as a defence of LJ needs a lobotomy. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

As a club we can't, SL can, until be throws his toys out the pram, sacks his mate and hamstrings the club like he did when Millen went, until we hit relegation in League One and he was forced to act. Sorry, for all the SL lovers, that is what he did. That's probably what awaits us when he sacks LJ. 'If I can't get my mate through screw you all' until league two beckons. 

Even then we can’t IMHO 29 

Working within FFP it’s funds we can’t really waste 

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I think the £8m we spent on Hunt and Webster would buy Millwalls entire team. Add Diedhiou, Baker, and Wright and its likely £20m between the 5 of them.

Add the messes that were letting Ayling or Freeman go and its no shock we had to sell Reid at al to meet FFP.

Anyone who points and shouts "budget constraints" as a defence of LJ needs a lobotomy. 

Yet there are posters saying just that ..............

7 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Many would disagree on O'Driscoll and a lot called him our worst manager etc. For the record, not me. I thought he laid a lot of good foundations and things were starting to turn just before he was sacked.

LJ definitely had a plan today - get it wide and crosses in. What really didn't work was what happened after the goal and a lack of plan B. A definite concern that but then a lot of managers have struggled with a plan B.

Not entirely correct on recruiting the right player. Kalas, Elliasson, Tammy, Brownhill, Wright, Fammy, Walsh, O'Dowda all look or have been good signings. Many others may turn out to be too. Many have been poor on other hand. Its been average overall. The sums of money are just average championship fees these days - nothing crazy but higher than we've spent before because of the way football inflation has gone.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Even then we can’t IMHO 29 

Working within FFP it’s funds we can’t really waste 

Agree, I'm thinking more from the short-term 'LJ come hell or high water'. SL will spend on anything to see his step-son win, even if his step-son throws his birthday presents away mere months later. 

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I had more hope when, in December 1982, we hit 92nd in the Football League. Because we had a board with Des Williams at the helm and the great and glorious Terry Cooper leading the playing side.

TC was, in my opinion, our greatest ever manager, not for his cups or championships but because he gave us hope for a better future.

The spineless Lee Johnson is not fit to be in the same job. I wouldn't trust him with my last shilling let alone the foot club that I have supported all my life.

Odd thing to say when he has led this club to 3 of our highest finishes over past x amount of years. In fact only his Dad has in my time of going down to AG.

Whether we should be getting more out of the players etc - I think we should personally and if :LJ doesn't then and continues to go backwards or standstill then I suspect SL will act at end of season.

I could understand if people were saying this if we were bottom of league 1 and looking poor. I remember being in League One for so long and so many fans saying, oh for being mid-table in the Championship. Whilst I'm not happy to just be there forever, compared to where it has been for majority of my time supporting, it aint anywhere near as bad as made out.

The football under LJ is terrible many of you say.

The football under Neil Warnock is terrible so many say.

Who would you want in charge next season? Recruit success or buy for the potential of the future?

Removing managers is very costly.  Their backroom staff, the pay-off's, new manager, new backroom team, players out and a new lot in.

When will a Chairman start clearing out many team players and leave the manger in situ, IF they believe the manager is right for the club!!!  So much money gets wasted in football clubs in rotation of players to suit a new manager.  Look at Mourinho and his spend at Man U......and for what? The cost of removing him and a new manager is will likely see their player spend in recent years go towards a gross £1 billion or $1 billion.  It's obscene.

Clear the players, stick with the plan, the manager and get in a mentor to assist.

If you simply want to go up and have no clue what you will do when up, get in Neil Warnock as his last job before retirement and put aside any personal feelings you may have.

38 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Odd thing to say when he has led this club to 3 of our highest finishes over past x amount of years.

He may of led the club our highest two league finished in said x amount of years.

He's also spent well over 10 times what Cotts spent in the latter's 3 years in charge.

And for what? To climb 4 league positions?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fuber said:

He may of led the club our highest two league finished in said x amount of years.

He's also spent well over 10 times what Cotts spent in the latter's 3 years in charge.

Exactly. Can’t see us getting anything from Birmingham Norwich Derby so a relegation battle is on the cards 

all well and good wishing LJ gone ,i do too but at the same time am very worried that we would get someone with even less of a footballing brain

best thing I can do is not risk getting cold and wet watching that tripe until it gets more entertaining.

might aswell give my mrs the money towards her xmas shopping ,will get more appreciation for that.

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What about if we returned to League One and in 12 months time were home to AFC Wimbledon if front of 9000 , with a 26 million pound wage bill ?

Would that resonate on the audio sensors ?

No Bob

Because Lansdown would spend whatever he had to (and ignore FFP) to stay in the Championship.

I keep saying it (and my source is as high as it gets) that the end game is to sell up the whole thing once PP is changed for AV.

With the Prem as extra incentive.

The club is just another section in a financial entity known as Bristol Sport.

Alongside hotels, carparks, concert venues and the AV estate.

Again - Lansdown is worth £2,500,000,000

His 'investment' - to us non billionaires is about £1000 over 20 yrs.

Perspective

It's all about ******* perspective.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SX227 said:

No Bob

Because Lansdown would spend whatever he had to (and ignore FFP) to stay in the Championship.

I keep saying it (and my source is as high as it gets) that the end game is to sell up the whole thing once PP is changed for AV.

Perspective

Interesting mate

:ill:

7 minutes ago, SX227 said:

No Bob

Perspective

Spot on. SL has only ever had an eye on the end game. His exit.

That was always linked to freehold value masked up as an interest in sport. He never wanted to move to AV. That was a smokescreen to get the ultimate planning consent on a much larger piece of land.

He has no real interest in our club whatsoever. Why would he?

Sadly it’s all about the money. And making so much more. 

Look at his track record. What has he selflessly done that’s specifically, directly and solely related to BCFC.

Answer? **** all.

• Thanks 1

We are a mid-table side which is where most people expected us to be after having to sell our best players in the summer. The team is inconsistent which is normal for a mid-table team, that's why they're not near the top. This season was always going to be difficult, I can't say people sitting around me (in the Lansdown) are saying Johnson should be sacked, most accept he's had his hands tied this season. To his credit we're now an established side in the Championship rather than the relegation fodder we were when he joined and although people say he's had millions to spend he's also sold a lot as well so the net spend isn't too much at all. It would be a mistake to sack him when we're not in trouble, we could end up in the same situation as Ipswich who made that mistake.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Fuber said:

The money point is irrelevant - we are just spending what an average championship club does right now. And yes it has rocketed up over past few years due to crazy football inflation but that isn't the clubs fault - its the way football has gone and we spend it just to compete. Probably only going one way too. Whatever manager came in now would have to spend the same to bring in championship quality players. You only have to look at an Ipswich/Bolton etc to see what happens if you bring in league 1 players etc.

I think we are lucky too that Cotteril wasn't able to spend big money on what he wanted because he demonstrated with not just City but Birmingham that he isn't up to it at this level anymore.

What I think is the clubs fault is not getting the best out of what we have. We should be beating sides like Reading and Millwall. It is about getting more from less versus those clubs above us who can spend more. The likes of Huddersfield and Cardiff have made it by spending averagely so we should be looking to as well.

There is a real balance to be had - we have to try and do it with average funds for this league but also make progress. Sometimes that is quite hard. And I'm not enjoying the quality of football right now but some of the criticism is way OTT for where we are (ie finishing one of the highest we have in past 40 years etc). If we were in bottom 3 or league 1 then I think it would be understandable.

So yeah, it isn't the best but some of the comments of vitriol towards LJ and SL are just way too much. If they were hated as much as some make out on here then there would be chants every game - I don't think I've heard all season one LJ or SL out chant having been to 90% of the games.

• Like 3

The money point is irrelevant - we are just spending what an average championship club does right now. And yes it has rocketed up over past few years due to crazy football inflation but that isn't the clubs fault - its the way football has gone and we spend it just to compete. Probably only going one way too. Whatever manager came in now would have to spend the same to bring in championship quality players. You only have to look at an Ipswich/Bolton etc to see what happens if you bring in league 1 players etc.

I think we are lucky too that Cotteril wasn't able to spend big money on what he wanted because he demonstrated with not just City but Birmingham that he isn't up to it at this level anymore.

Contrary to your point re Ipswich - Preston, Brentford, Sheffield Utd, and to similar extent Leeds, Norwich, and Wigan prove there nothing wrong bringing players through the academy or lower leagues. 

We say we lost our best players and didn't spend (a net profit of around £10m) - Norwich banked £30m and only spent £5m.

The money point is irrelevant as you said - and as was my point also, we should not of spent that much in the first place over the last 3 years. Period. It isnt sustainable - so SL punting on the wrong horse on LJ.

Let me ask this Alex. Who would you trust more with £30m.

LJ or Cotts? Kodjia or Diedhiou? Freeman or Pato?

In my opinion, looking back. It's no contest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Contrary to your point re Ipswich - Preston, Brentford, Sheffield Utd, and to similar extent Leeds, Norwich, and Wigan prove there nothing wrong bringing players through the academy or lower leagues. 

We say we lost our best players and didn't spend (a net profit of around £10m) - Norwich banked £30m and only spent £5m.

The money point is irrelevant as you said - and as was my point also, we should not of spent that much in the first place over the last 3 years. Period. It isnt sustainable - so SL punting on the wrong horse on LJ.

Let me ask this Alex. Who would you trust more with £30m.

LJ or Cotts? Kodjia or Diedhiou? Freeman or Pato?

In my opinion, looking back. It's no contest.

Christ - neither but probably more LJ. I have no faith in Cotteril at this level anymore and don’t forget LJ saved us for what looked like relegation under Cottteril. We went from bottom 3 to something like 18th I think? 

Totally agree on bringing through players and we need more of that whoever the manager. There are teams outperforming us on lower funds just as there are teams underperforning with more. We are average but the football isn’t good enough. 

My point overall I guess is it is nowhere near as bad as made out. 

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Christ - neither but probably more LJ. I have no faith in Cotteril at this level anymore and don’t forget LJ saved us for what looked like relegation under Cottteril. We went from bottom 3 to something like 18th I think? 

Totally agree on bringing through players and we need more of that whoever the manager. There are teams outperforming us on lower funds just as there are teams underperforning with more. We are average but the football isn’t good enough. 

My point overall I guess is it is nowhere near as bad as made out. 

That depends on context. In my opinion FFP has hit hard this year and we're actually being hurt ourselves by LJs utter shambles of a recruitment record.

In the last 3 years we've outspent on all the teams below us, as well as the likes of Sheff Utd, QPR, and Even Leeds. We're more than likely in the top half in terms of player expenditure in the league.

LJ has seen player salaries rise by almost 30% in the job. All of which is in no way 'sustainable' imo.

Whilst not in the L.J out faction I agree with some of the frustration aired on here. We have players with the ability to entertain such as Niki Eliasson and the young lad Aldelukan (?), but we sold the lumbering target man in Duric.

Some of the signings have been less than inspiring, did/do we need Marley Watkins? There are though other positions we need to strengthen such as central midfield, someone with vision and ability (think Hartley but younger) and a goal scorer or two (a nippy finisher and a genuine target man)

I don't know if we were hamstrung by FFP in the summer or LJ genuinely believed he had a team to take us on. Either way it hasn't worked out. January will be a telling window, one that, if given money to strengthen the first team, could well decide the future for the head coach and his team.

We have the foundations of a good squad, but like any foundations we need to build on them. Lee needs to have 2 or 3 formations and styles, recruit players to suit those styles and let other teams worry about us. The first half of last season we played "our way"with great success only to revert back to tinkering.

Lee Johnson, like the club, has plenty of potential. He will, I'm sure prove to be a very good coach. But he needs to push on and make progression of his talent and progress the club. I'm not talking top 6 but playing attractive football, play with this identity with flair and a killer instinct. If he can do this then top 6 or even top two will take care of itself.

The over riding theme posted on this forum is, quite rightly, a desire to be entertained. Addressing this will bring an upturn in fortunes on and off the pitch. I hope Lee can achieve this, I'm sure he has the ability. If not then maybe we will need to look at things.

Edited by numbeast
Bad proof reading

21 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

I totally agree and god forbid we got relegated you can take 2000 off that as well

When (hopefully) LJ goes dont automatically assume SL will get another yes man. Ar some stage he must acknowledge that he and his son know fuckall and that they are making ***** of themselves so might actually appoint a proper strong inspirational HC who will control recruitment. 

Pat Lam is not a yes man and when he speaks the owner listens and learns whereas before he trusted that ******* Chris Booy.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1