IGNORED

radio bristol wanna know your first Bristol City match

Never to the dark side

First game I remember ( my Dad did say he'd taken me before) was;

August 15th 1970 Sunderland , 4-3 (HT 2-1)
Sharpe @, Skirton, Wimshurst. 
Att. 17,584.
Gibson ,Jacobs ,Drysdale ,Wimshurst ,Rooks ,Parr ,Skirton ,Garland ,Galley ,Gow ,Sharpe. Sub: Tainton.

It says in the City through the ages book, ' a thrill a second clash' thing is I was 10 and we went near the middle of the East end so I could barely see a thing :laughcont:
Trouble on the EE, trouble on the pitch, 7 goals , 4 bookings and my heroes winning. Amazing day.

4 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Bristol City v Charlton Athletic, 03 May 1966

Score 0-0

CompetitionLeague Division Two 

Attendance10,478

Memorable day for me too as I arrived in this world at Southmead Hospital

2 hours ago, Offside said:

April 1981. 3-1 win at home to Orient. City were about to be relegated for the second successive season (and then yet again a year later) and were on the brink of financial ruin, so obviously a great start.

21st March 1981. Lost 0-2 at home to Wrexham. It was shit, but I was hooked.

18 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Have you got the correct year, as I don’t think the attendance was that many for that game?

No you're right, it just felt like that many because we were standing on the East End crammed in with hordes of travelling Liverpool fans...a great atmosphere and a great result!

BTRFTG

That game actually finished 1-0 to Wolves,always remember it was the flood lit game.

Boxing day was a Sunday

no games were ever  played on Sunday in them days

Played wolves away on the monday 27 december 

The western Daily press in its report said that Atyeo scored and sent the City fans home singing

The attendance at ashton gate was in the region of 36,000

20 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Middlesbrough mid late 60s I sat in the car with my brother outside the ground as dad ran in. We would be in care for that stunt now. However we won and I could hear the crowd. I was hooked

You may or may not see this REDOXO but could be the same as mine - 1969 home v Middlesboro, 0-0 draw, sat on the wall in the Open End.

Archived