IGNORED

Liverpool or Man Utd?

TBW

Liverpool or Man Utd?  

244 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Liverpool, because I was there and I was younger

It matters more when you're younger

For the United game I ended up giving it big time to some gobby United pricks in a bar in Gloucester who celebrated an equaliser against 'little' Bristol City like they'd won the European Cups. The pricks

Liverpool fans that we came across after the game were far more gracious

As for Stockport in the next round, that ended up with a trip to Manchester Crown Court a few months later ?

8 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Liverpool, because I was there and I was younger

It matters more when you're younger

For the United game I ended up giving it big time to some gobby United pricks in a bar in Gloucester who celebrated an equaliser against 'little' Bristol City like they'd won the European Cups. The pricks

Liverpool fans that we came across after the game were far more gracious

As for Stockport in the next round, that ended up with a trip to Manchester Crown Court a few months later ?

Unlike you not to tell us the story...… :laughcont:

I was lucky enough to be present at both games, with the Anfield game being my first ever away game, being only 8 and not really understanding at the time how big of a win and shock it was to beat a club the size of Liverpool on their own patch means I’m leaning towards the Man Utd game, the manner of how we won aswell was unbelievable to this day, being there with my 8 year old daughter and seeing her face will be something that will live me forever. Told her at the time this will be something you’ll never forget.

On 04/12/2018 at 19:10, The Horse With No Name said:

It was soon after the Liverpool game that Grobbelaar got done for match fixing. Take a close look at some of his "decision making" in our game and tell me a top class keeper had an off night. 

Could well be right with this one, but no keeper on this planet was saving Tinman’s effort.

like a good few, saw both games. The game at Anfield was awesome (as was the battle at Ashton Gate against Man United, but somehow the game at Anfield meant more and was a greater achievement.  Both games produced a similar reaction from me (tears in my eyes), but being applauded off by The Kop at the end of a game where I was silently screaming "hang on, just ******* hang on" as Mark Walters was threatening to  tear us apart single handed...OMFG... what an achievement

33 minutes ago, eardun said:

Forgot to mention in my earlier post that another reason is that Joe Bryan’s goal v Man U - both the move and the strike - is one of my favourite City goals of all time. Still enjoy replaying it now!

Likewise, the commentary is brilliant for both goals too.

On 04/12/2018 at 18:25, Silvio Dante said:

I was 16 at the time of Liverpool game and in the middle of mock GCSEs.

Day before the game at Anfield, the head of year called me in and said “I’ve heard you’re not planning to be in school tomorrow”. I responded “Yes. I’m going to football, I could lie and say I was ill but what would you rather?”

For the blind cheek of it she told me I was fine to have the absence. That goodwill soon lessened when I told her about 15 of the rest of the year were going too. And by the time Stockport rolled around it was exhausted....

Anyhow, Man Utd for me. Just because my daughter was there and the look on her face (in a good way as she’s a city fan) was priceless.

Just as important, did you do well in your exams?

Archived