Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

headhunter

Ashton in the USA ......

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 14:30, downendcity said:

Eastville Park pond? :shocking:

Bitterwell Lake mate, there's probably a decent player or two out that way but no doubt we'll end up netting some useless sod from Chipping Sodbury.  

20 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Bitterwell Lake mate, there's probably a decent player or two out that way but no doubt we'll end up netting some useless sod from Chipping Sodbury.  

Al least the Carp there now how to find the net...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Bitterwell Lake , now there's a blast from the past, I used to cycle out to that lake from Filton as a kid in the early 60's & spend hours fishing there before my days of supporting City. I then moved to Oz but have great memories of being out there, does the lake still exist ?:robbored:

Edited by bpexile
to correct an omission

4 minutes ago, bpexile said:

Bitterwell Lake , now there's a blast from the past, I used to cycle out to that lake from Filton as a kid in the early 60's & spend hours fishing there before my days of supporting City. I then moved to Oz but have great memories of being out there, does the lake still exist ?:robbored:

http://www.bitterwellfishery.co.uk/ 

Yep, it's still there cobber.. :)  

(bet some fellas are still 'catchin "em, kissin' 'em putting 'em back' Rex Hunt style :thumbsup:)  

• Thanks 1

On 05/12/2018 at 16:58, Harry said:

Yep. He was here in 2012. Definitely not 2014. 

And yes, he was back in with SL just prior to SC’s departure. He left Oxford in Dec and was immediately ‘consulted’ again by SL, although he wasn’t officially announced as being on board again until mid Jan. 

No probs mate. You are free to believe what you want. That’s cool. 

But I’m telling you 100% that he was here summer 12 and not summer 14. As Davefevs says earlier, both DMC and SOD didn’t like him. He was nothing to do with the Cotterill era. 

I know this because I also had ‘consultations’ with Mr Ashton at that time and I knew the exact reasons he was there. 

By the way, the system he was working on was quite simple. It was to purchase Scout7. It wasn’t something he was inventing. It was off the shelf. Just needed paying for. And it wasn’t utilised to purchase any of the summer 14 recruits. Again - I know this. As I was close to Keith Burt. 

It begs the question, why on earth did they get him back?

On 05/12/2018 at 11:55, YorksRed said:

It’s an interesting one.  I’m no fan of his.

However, on the other hand, £15m for Kodjia, £10m for Bobby (or whatever it was) and £7m for Joe when we had Lloyd coming through does look like pretty good business now?

And Lloyd being scouted by Liverpool 

6 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Possibly to do SL’s dirty work and sack Cotterill for one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warwickshire Red said:

Perhaps he should be left to negotiate contracts but not to head or be involved with recruitment. Leave that to DOF?

And the appropriate paycut that goes with the diminished (over-inflated in the first place) role.

I still don’t know how he went from COO to CEO - what changed in his role?

I’ve long said exactly what you say....get a Football man in as DOF and key MA concentrate on the business stuff.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Possibly to do SL’s dirty work and sack Cotterill for one.

Yes

It does make me wonder why SL would want to be associated with someone like that…you can be tough without the BS and smarminess

On 05/12/2018 at 11:55, YorksRed said:

It’s an interesting one.  I’m no fan of his.

However, on the other hand, £15m for Kodjia, £10m for Bobby (or whatever it was) and £7m for Joe when we had Lloyd coming through does look like pretty good business now?

Yup looks great business. Forget our league position and form. Have you seen city play recently?

46 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Yup looks great business. Forget our league position and form. Have you seen city play recently?

You’re missing the point I was making which was simply that the prices we got for them look to be good at this point.

Whether they should have been sold (don’t think we had a choice, they wanted to go), whether we have adequately replaced them (no) or used the money receiveved to improve the squad (doesn’t look like it at this stage) is something entirely different.   

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

The fish,  " No tongues " ! 

The fish, '

"🎶Oh I do like to be beside the seaside 🎶Oh I do like to be beside the............. 🎶

17 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

scout8.5 was out we wanted an upgrade perhaps we would have been better off with O2/Ericsson.

• Haha 2

On 05/12/2018 at 16:04, REDOXO said:

Bristol Wisconsin I hope!

Bristol Redsoxo - just for you!  :)