IGNORED

What has stopped City reaching the Prem League?

reddogkev

31 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

But we wouldn't have to. Is this what you imagine will happen under the current decision-makers at Bristol City - boom, then bust?

Who knows, should we make the PL, we might face a future similar to that of Middlesbrough, Southampton, Norwich, even Leicester (minus the Miracle Year, naturally). A future like those four would be glorious and heavenly compared to what we have had over the years.

I was more asking (not very clearly) if those clubs regret having had their time in the sun. 

I don’t think we’d go the same way. Not now we have more structure in place. 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I was more asking (not very clearly) if those clubs regret having had their time in the sun. 

I don’t think we’d go the same way. Not now we have more structure in place. 

I doubt any of them regret their moment of glory , though many would probably regret the mismanagement which set them back .

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

There. That wasn’t difficult was it. 

Keyboard warrior? Nope if I ever have the chance I’d ask him.

Tell me though. That business with you and Lee’s dad. Is it true that you weren’t complementary about him? And when he invited you to talk to him you chose not to?

And to answer your question. Yes.

In my eyes he has underachieved and underperformed. Unless you’re judging him on getting Muse, Take That or the Spice Girls down the Gate ?

I’d have preferred giving it a real go earlier this year. Remember then? 2nd with points in hand. On the telly so often. Talk of the town. Brink of beating Man City having beaten Utd?

What happened. The Great Man kept his hands in his pockets save for agreeing Diony and Kent and others.

But hey. Ambition comes in many shapes and sizes......

Bristol Rovers...now bare with me. I honestly belief that if Bristol Rovers hadn't been so shite for so long and were a mid table Championship club it would spur both our apathetic fans and the players to achieve more. A healthy competition between us would make both clubs better than the sum of their parts.

6 hours ago, BCFChris said:

Bristol Rovers...now bare with me. I honestly belief that if Bristol Rovers hadn't been so shite for so long and were a mid table Championship club it would spur both our apathetic fans and the players to achieve more. A healthy competition between us would make both clubs better than the sum of their parts.

Experience suggests not likely.

When we were both in the old division 2, and both had England centre forwards, neither made it to division 1

7 hours ago, BCFChris said:

Thank you Mr Holloway.

15 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

The last time I really felt positivity at AG was when we romped the league under John Ward. Back then it wasn’t IF we would win, but how many we would score. Cotts’s promotion season was close, but the chasing pack were closer so there were always worries. The thing to remember that both those examples were in DIV 3. I can’t honestly EVER remember a good, confident season in the second tier. 

I think you’ve mixed those 2 seasons up mate. Ward finished second behind Watford. Cotts romped the league. Winning it by 8 points with a final tally of 99. 

45 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I think you’ve mixed those 2 seasons up mate. Ward finished second behind Watford. Cotts romped the league. Winning it by 8 points with a final tally of 99. 

No mate, I meant what I said. Perhaps I didn’t articulate very well.  

We were second to Watford that season you are correct of course - I was at Preston ready for the cup presentation - but Preston did what they always do.... however, if I remember correctly we were about 15 points clear of Grimsby, who themselves were clear from the chasing pack. I remember going to the home game against them at AG and Goater scored almost from the kickoff - there is an example of someone who opted to stay in Div 3 to join Man C rather than go up a division with us - history proved that to be a wise decision - and no Lee Johnson in sight...!

You are right about the Cotts double - but to me the best CONFIDENCE I felt was during that John Ward season.  The double was nice of course though !!

23 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

No mate, I meant what I said. Perhaps I didn’t articulate very well.  

We were second to Watford that season you are correct of course - I was at Preston ready for the cup presentation - but Preston did what they always do.... however, if I remember correctly we were about 15 points clear of Grimsby, who themselves were clear from the chasing pack. I remember going to the home game against them at AG and Goater scored almost from the kickoff - there is an example of someone who opted to stay in Div 3 to join Man C rather than go up a division with us - history proved that to be a wise decision - and no Lee Johnson in sight...!

You are right about the Cotts double - but to me the best CONFIDENCE I felt was during that John Ward season.  The double was nice of course though !! 

Fair do's, it was a great season, and Goater was immense. Loved Colin Cramb in that side as well, and I thought it was him who scored the early goal v Grimsby?? Could be wrong mind, how is that 20 years ago..!?

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Fair do's, it was a great season, and Goater was immense. Loved Colin Cramb in that side as well, and I thought it was him who scored the early goal v Grimsby?? Could be wrong mind, how is that 20 years ago..!?

One other memory from that season; it was the ONLY time in my 52 years that I can remember AG cheering for the GAS!

They were playing Watford and we were at home to Southend I believe - people were listening to their radios and the Gas got a penalty and a cheer went up. It was surreal, but leapfrogging Watford was more important than local rivalries on that day.  

I don’t know if it has ever happened before or since. 

Archived