IGNORED

Why did the ref bottle it?

AppyDAZE

6 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

More to the point what was the ref having issues with which delayed the start of the game?! 

:laugh: He was live on Sky? Other than that, **** knows. A Christmas message to his missus via sign language?  Who knows other than when he finally got going there was a great ironic cheer.  :laugh: football is so mad at times

tosspot ref today in the long run

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Yeh I see that, but for me, to send a player off, either straight red or two yellows, it’s got to be serious enough to justify the punishment, and I don’t think the guy today    did enough to justify getting sent off.  Don’t get me wrong it would have been great if he did, but if one of our players got two yellows for those soft fouls we would be moaning at the ref saying he was petty!  That’s fickle football fans I guess!

I'd quit when your behind if I was you, he committed at least two more yellow card offences after his first that warranted a yellow, but hey ho you are obviously in a very forgiving mood. 

Tettey should have been sent off because he committed at least 3 fouls that were either "professional" or reckless. The first on O'Dowda was a shocker, which earnt him the yellow card in the first half. The second on Pack was clearly a yellow, as he gave Watkins a card for the same offence after just 90 seconds on the pitch. And the last was the foul on Fam, which at first looked a bit soft, but in retrospect he chops at Diedhiou from behind miles away from the ball.

Roger East bottled it big time & Norwich were relieved to sub Tettey after the foul on Diedhiou went unpunished. Considering Brownhill was sent off for 2 bookable offences at Elland Road, it's the lack of consistency between referees that is so frustrating.

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

To be fair I thought the ref was probably right to keep him on, it was a pretty soft foul, and although letter of the law might say it’s a yellow, to send the guy off, for me, would have been harsh.  The games gone when stupid fouls like that get punished by yellows, although I appreciate this could have resulted in a win for us

I'm sorry but the pull back was as blatant a foul as you will ever see. The ref should have given him the second yellow.

One can argue all day long about mistimed tackles or pushes depending whether you have red glasses or canary yellow but that was a booking. Its baffling obvious decisions like that which drive fans up the wall.

There are fouls and "fouls". Let's face it in Tettey's case it wasn't clumsiness or bad timing: there was no attempt to play the ball. It was all about knocking over the guy in possession and breaking up a breakaway attack. The ref was inches away in each case. He should've walked.

Tettey tug Marlon Pack back,

also remember a former Bristol City captain who when he went very hard

always started to roll up his captain's armband

as if to say refs don't normally book captains.

The ref for the Norwich game was shown up as TBC and was never altered

Yet the programme is printed Thursday night/Friday morning?

and the refs name was on the programme

I think Trevor East is the only ref  that has not dished out a red card so far this season

He should have been off. If the the three fouls after his yellow were not bookable offences themselves, the sum of all three dictates he should have had a yellow card for persistent fouling. The referee pointed this out to him after the first one, and when he pulled Pack back, he walked away expecting to be sent off and was visibly relieved when he wasn't.

Definitely should have walked for the tug back where the ref choose to simply warn him. Not convinced the later foul on Fam deserved a yellow though.

Both goals clearly onside. No issues there other than City allowing the Norwich guy to drift off the last defender to start with.

11 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yeah, let's face it he really rode his luck.

Josh went at Leeds for two yellows, so I think we were a tad unlucky today not to be playing 10 men for practically the whole 2nd half and in a home game.

Maybe they wouldn't have equalised, who knows.

About to post the same about Josh at Leeds. Two very run of the mill yellows, and I said at the time most refs would have just given him a lecture for the second. 

Personally, I'd rather we'd kept Josh on at Leeds (we were definitely heading for a point at that stage) than seen Tetty go yesterday. But it highlights the inconsistencies. 

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I think Trevor East is the only ref  that has not dished out a red card so far this season

Roger East

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Seeing that Trevor East was in tandem with The Phantom Flan Flinger I suggest that he prefers to dish out something that splatters better upon impact.

13 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

In the Prem, and quite possibly on another day in the Championship, Tettey walks

But would we have won against 10 men?

Debatable, but poor from Roger East IMO

and does he really come from Wiltshire?

A right old Johnny Nash here

More questions than answers

He certainly does come from Wiltshire.

He has refereed a few games I have been managing in.

He is a decent bloke but yesterday he completely bottled it.

14 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Fouls by pulling back an opponent ARE supposed to be auto yellows

Absolutely correct the laws of the game now instruct when a Referee should caution a player not use common sense. The one thing I found hilarious was when he should of sent Tettey off but instantly cautioned a Norwich player for standing two inches in front of his sprayed line from the resulting free kick.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Even my Norwich mate said he should have gone, I get it's a soft way to lose a player but there were 2 or 3 City players tugged back in the first 20 minutes and no booking , yet Watkins got booked later on. Again inconsistent .

So it was Watkins. Genuinely, thought it looked like it was, but couldn't believe that it could be. Tetty and others foul after foul with no cards, Watkins comes on, two minutes later first foul, and booked. And it didn't look that much different to others, although admittedly I was some way away. 

42 minutes ago, italian dave said:

So it was Watkins. Genuinely, thought it looked like it was, but couldn't believe that it could be. Tetty and others foul after foul with no cards, Watkins comes on, two minutes later first foul, and booked. And it didn't look that much different to others, although admittedly I was some way away. 

I've got no problem with Watkins getting a booking, it is usually a card for pulling someone back. Thing is, I'd guess there were 3 maybe 4 occasions that a Norwich player did similar and got away with it, I'd already said to the guy next to me, you know what's going to happen and sure enough booking for us.

Archived