IGNORED

Why did the ref bottle it?

AppyDAZE

15 hours ago, pillred said:

I'd quit when your behind if I was you, he committed at least two more yellow card offences after his first that warranted a yellow, but hey ho you are obviously in a very forgiving mood. 

That’s football, everyone has an opinion, mine is in agreement with the ref in that I wouldn’t have sent him off, others think he should have gone, thats up to them.  

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

That’s football, everyone has an opinion, mine is in agreement with the ref in that I wouldn’t have sent him off, others think he should have gone, thats up to them.  

But what if Watkins had been on 4 yellows before he got booked? If a ref is going to apply his own interpretation on the rules he has to be consistent.

Yes it would be a soft dismissal, but a correct one nonetheless. Looking at the wider picture that decision could have an affect on the teams around Norwich especially if Tetty pops up with a winning goal in the next game.

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

from every single person that I spoke to, and at the time people around me and the presenters on the EFL show all agreed he should definitely have been dismissed, you and the ref seem to be in a club of two.

On 16/12/2018 at 07:29, East End Old Boy said:

I know the refs often appear to indicate this, but I previously looked through the laws and couldn’t find it written down as an actual law?

CAUTIONABLE OFFENCES

A player is cautioned if guilty of:

• delaying the restart of play
  • dissent by word or action
  • entering, re-entering or deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission
  • failing to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in
  • persistent offences (no specific number or pattern of offences constitutes “persistent”)
  • unsporting behaviour
  • entering the referee review area (RRA)
  • excessively using the 'review' (TV screen) signal

On 15/12/2018 at 22:06, JoeAman08 said:

Should have been red. He did bottle it. If he hadn’t been booked already he would have for the foul on Pack breaking up the play. 

I never understand that, if you're on a yellow and commit a foul that should be a booking then it's a red. Doesn't become a non-yellow offence just because its a "bit harsh" to get sent off for it. Ultimately you're sent off for 2 yellow card offences so not harsh at all

24 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

CAUTIONABLE OFFENCES

A player is cautioned if guilty of:

• delaying the restart of play
  • dissent by word or action
  • entering, re-entering or deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission
  • failing to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in
  • persistent offences (no specific number or pattern of offences constitutes “persistent”)
  • unsporting behaviour
  • entering the referee review area (RRA)
  • excessively using the 'review' (TV screen) signal

Thank you @El Hombrecito I’ve just got back from the opticians, so when the new prescription turns up I should be able to see it, when I try and look for myself! ?

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

I never understand that, if you're on a yellow and commit a foul that should be a booking then it's a red. Doesn't become a non-yellow offence just because its a "bit harsh" to get sent off for it. Ultimately you're sent off for 2 yellow card offences so not harsh at all

Agree 100% also think because it was so early in the second half may have contributed to the talking to. Weird for me. Ref the game based on what happens not what has happened other than persistent fouling(which he was also guilty of). I really rate Tettey but he got away with it on Saturday. Probably a mix of things led to him staying on the pitch but if you were basing each foul as a one off he possibly has 3 yellow card offences in the match. The O’Dowda one which is an easy yellow. The Pack one which is a professional foul and usual booking. Then the kick at Fams calves which may have been harsh on a one off but behind the player and nowhere near the ball. Have seen them given. 

Oh well it is done now and we have 4 points from our last 2 matches against teams above us where nobody thought we’d get any. I’d take another point this weekend. Maybe we get a bit of luck this time? 

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

It could have been worse. We could have had the work experience ref that our friend Neil had to endure on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46580661

That seemed a strange comment from him. The guy has to ref his first game at some point, what game does Neil suppose he does it?

Also, what difference would it make giving Deeney a yellow, he wasnt already on a card I dont think? It was probably a little naughty from him, he's entitled to go for it but I think he knew he wasnt getting there

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It could have been worse. We could have had the work experience ref that our friend Neil had to endure on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46580661

Seen this and how utterly unprofessional. There could be a first time ref in any match because you have to start somewhere. Why does he think has anything to do with him? Watford never complained. All over a possible yellow card too. Not a penalty decision, not a red card offense or anything else major. Saying things like that may have helped him in the championship but i can only see refs in the premier league standing firm. I really dislike the man and he took away from somebody elses experience of reffing his first premier league game. Shameful imo

15 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Seen this and how utterly unprofessional. There could be a first time ref in any match because you have to start somewhere. Why does he think has anything to do with him? Watford never complained. All over a possible yellow card too. Not a penalty decision, not a red card offense or anything else major. Saying things like that may have helped him in the championship but i can only see refs in the premier league standing firm. I really dislike the man and he took away from somebody elses experience of reffing his first premier league game. Shameful imo

I agree completely. People say `Oh it`s just Warnock the pantomime villain` but he deserves to be punished for this outburst. He`s fast becoming a parody of himself and it won`t be long before people stop making excuses for him. If any other manager said what he did they would be fined and I really hope he is.

It`s OK though because apparently he`s a winner.

6 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Maybe the FA should ask Roger East to explain himself at the same time

What surprises me is that there is an assessor at every game. Now I'm not saying this isn't the case, but after seeing some of the recent incidents at our games I'm surprised that these Refs ever get another game.
I guess because they are struggling with numbers, they have to take what they can.

Archived