Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

redsapper

FA Cup 4th Round Draw - Bolton (H)

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Probably the easiest tie we could have asked for.

Eh? You reckon that’s easier than, say, Wimbledon at home? Accrington at home? Doncaster at home? Oldham at home? Barnet at home? Newport at home?

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

We`ll play Friday night I reckon.

Can't see them agreeing to it, can't we just make Saturday count for both and have a week off :laugh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jcolebristol said:

I thought there has to be 24 hours between the rugby & football being played? I read that last few weeks, when we had a weird kick off time.

that would mean we may have to play later on Sunday, or even Monday?

Been many occasions we’ve played Saturday and they’ve played the following day

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh? You reckon that’s easier than, say, Wimbledon at home? Accrington at home? Doncaster at home? Oldham at home? Barnet at home? Newport at home?

Yep.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Don said:

Oh I didn’t know how rigid this 2pm Sunday kick off was for the fa cup.

14 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

To play Bolton once is bad enough but twice within two weeks is going to be hard for anyone to watch

According to some on OTIB, watching City at AG twice within 2 weeks is hard for anyone to watch.

2 minutes ago, The_Don said:

Or the other way round, Rugby on a Friday night and football at 3pm on Saturday, less than 24 hours later. I know it won’t be possible for these fixtures but just making the point it can be done in less than 24 hours and I’ve been to both matches and the pitch has been immaculate turf wise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TomF said:

Middlesborough v Newport - battle of the transporter bridges

On a plus note winnable tie and 5 all PL ties - that’s opening the draw up 

Nah...the ‘Boro one was dismantled and taken to the States on Auf Wiedersehen Pet.....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

With Bolton wanting every penny I can’t see they will agree to this. We are charging them £28 on Saturday, can’t see them bringing many and even less to the cup match, discounts or not

The away side is no longer involved in setting the price. 

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/The-price-of-change-new-FA-Cup-rule-stings-home-and-away-fans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, downendcity said:

It's probably your incontinence pants filling up!  

:)

More than likely 😂.... Will be the Monday night game and make everyone else wait for the draw live from AG 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Top 6 and play offs or FA cup final?

Both or he has to go...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Or the other way round, Rugby on a Friday night and football at 3pm on Saturday, less than 24 hours later. I know it won’t be possible for these fixtures but just making the point it can be done in less than 24 hours and I’ve been to both matches and the pitch has been immaculate turf wise.

I may have misread that then - I swore it was some rule that there must be 24 hours but that may be a preference of the ground

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Am i the only one who thinks this is a great draw? Sod your big day out next round i want to see the reaction on here when LJ is holding that cup. Sure some will still moan....

No mate, I’m over the Moon.

Game we can win and if we go out then it’ll be to another Championship club instead of a team in a division (or 2) below us.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I'm not sure we are good enough for top six anyway. Happy to watch a good cup tie again especially if a good away draw. 

edit: misread post. I would say top six!

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Am i the only one who thinks this is a great draw? Sod your big day out next round i want to see the reaction on here when LJ is holding that cup. Sure some will still moan....

My 45s are all scratched 😢

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Of course, a game vs a championship side is easier than playing a non league team....plonker...

Ok maybe not non league but certainly a team like Doncaster.

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think those teams will be more up for it than Bolton so yes definitely

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Super said:

How sad that if we actually won the thing your first thought would be to come on here to ‘see the reaction’?!!!!! 😄😄😄😄😄 - I’d be dancing all night in pubs around Wembley, quaffing enough cider to take down a large hippo....but you carry on with logging onto here straightaway....

• Haha 2

15,15. Was all I had in my head, great draw the only other one that sunk in was the Arse manu game.

It's got to be the winner of that game down the gate in the 5th round.  By the way Bolton are chuffed with the draw,tickets already selling fast.

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I think those teams will be more up for it than Bolton so yes definitely

Playing Bolton in the FA Cup is easier in your view than playing Barnet?! Ok then....

• Eggplant 1

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How sad that if we actually won the thing your first thought would be to come on here to ‘see the reaction’?!!!!! 😄😄😄😄😄 - I’d be dancing all night in pubs around Wembley, quaffing enough cider to take down a large hippo....but you carry on with logging onto here straightaway....

Happy soul aren't you. Jeez sense of humour failure.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nah...the ‘Boro one was dismantled and taken to the States on Auf Wiedersehen Pet.....

Wei (Aye) Mann 😂

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Of course, a game vs a championship side is easier than playing a non league team....plonker...

It’s a psychological thing.

The likes of Oldham will come down here in numbers, the players and management will want to cause an upset.

Bolton won’t want to come down here twice, they are in financial free fall and I’d be surprised if they brought anymore than 400.

I think it’s a good draw.

Edited by Lew-T
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Happy soul aren't you. Jeez sense of humour failure.

Ditto! Good backtrack there....what isn’t ‘happy’ about dancing in pubs all night around Wembley quaffing cider?! Sounds more of a ‘happy night out’ to me than your evening spent logging on here to ‘see the reaction....’ 😃😃🤓👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

yeah sad BS. Can't wait until we get knocked out so I can slag Jono off about playing a week side in the cup.

7 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

15,15. Was all I had in my head, great draw the only other one that sunk in was the Arse manu game.

It's got to be the winner of that game down the gate in the 5th round.  By the way Bolton are chuffed with the draw,tickets already selling fast.

You pissed?

9 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

....By the way Bolton are chuffed with the draw,tickets already selling fast.

Blimey, they can’t afford to pay their staff but they can churn out expensive printing double-quick....

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ditto! Good backtrack there....what isn’t ‘happy’ about dancing in pubs all night around Wembley quaffing cider?! Sounds more of a ‘happy night out’ to me than your evening spent logging on here to ‘see the reaction....’ 😃😃🤓👍

Sounds amazing a night out with you. IM JOKING...

Edited by Super

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Playing Bolton in the FA Cup is easier in your view than playing Barnet?! Ok then....

That the same Barnet that just knocked out Sheffield united? 

The same Sheffield united that beat Bolton 3-0 earlier on in the season? 

I'd say Bolton is definitely easier than Barnet, or a league 1/2 club...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey, they can’t afford to pay their staff but they can churn out expensive printing double-quick....

They're having an economy drive on the printing front.

253859691_printigpress.jpg.5d5050bd9eb02d8162b724d8007c3dd6.jpg

• Like 1

Hell, already sold 4.500  Atyeo sold out.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Sounds amazing a night out with you. IM JOKING...

That’s ok, I reckon I could just about enjoy a night out without you in attendance...

14 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It’s a psychological thing.

The likes of Oldham will come down here in numbers, the players and management will want to cause an upset.

Bolton won’t want to come down here twice, they are in financial free fall and I’d be surprised if they brought anymore than 400.

I think it’s a good draw.

They don’t want to come here once! It’s a really good draw and that is the way LJ MA n SL Will see it. We have a big squad many needing games and two new ones coming in. 

28 minutes ago, INCRED said:

FA Cup. Stuffing Chelsea 5-0 at Wemberlee. Stuff of dreams.

It's 110 years since we played in the FA Cup...

11 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That the same Barnet that just knocked out Sheffield united? 

The same Sheffield united that beat Bolton 3-0 earlier on in the season? 

I'd say Bolton is definitely easier than Barnet, or a league 1/2 club...

Yep it’s the same Barnet....so, by your logic...Sheffield United beat Villa 4-1 this season, Barnet beat Sheffield United, so Barnet are better than Villa...oh dear...that’s the sort of argument I used to use in the school playground...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Yes is that alright with you?

Of course it’s alright with me that you think playing a championship club in the FA Cup is easier than playing a non-league club....say goodnight to the troops Gracie....

Great draw.

It would have been 3 weeks between home games if we'd been drawn away, so that's another reason a home game was a must afaic.

Bolton at home is a game we really should expect to win, which would give us 180k in the bank, and a place in the last 16.

No problem that they're in our division or we play them at home 2 weeks before - it's as good a draw as we could have hoped for if we want to progress..

Providing LJ takes it as seriously as he should do, of course.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

FA Cup. Stuffing Chelsea 5-0 at Wemberlee. Stuff of dreams.

It's 110 years since we played in the FA Cup...

And easy for whoever is doing the match day thread - it's them again

Yep it’s the same Barnet....so, by your logic...Sheffield United beat Villa 4-1 this season, Barnet beat Sheffield United, so Barnet are better than Villa...oh dear...

I get where they are coming from pal, we had a cup run last year, are a championship team in form, we would be a ‘scalp’... to Bolton we are their peer, at a time of disillusion for Bolton, and a relatively distant trip. All things in, I think I would take Bolton over say Wimbledon who’s players may walk out at Ashton Gate and think ‘oi oi’. No game is easy, but a game against a club on a downward spiral is easier than one up for a fight, regardless of where in the pyriamid. Ask Jose last year. 

Edited by 29AR