IGNORED

Newport

Globe Trotter

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that. and the BBC could do with plenty more post-match interviewers that look like this, in my book.

Well done, Newport congrats, Cheers BBC

tina-daheley-hair-t.jpg.02d00da783431f8ccddf6851a73a4b50.jpg

That’s Tina daheley, 100% wasn’t her doing the interviews!

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Talking of our players out on loan - Vyner didn't look to have an enjoyable day today in Manchester.

One goal in particular, Sterling accelerated past him like he wasn't there.

A lot of Rotherham fans don’t rate Vyner unfortunately. Most were happy that Jones played against us (until he was sent off).

In regards to Semenyo, I wonder if any league 1 clubs would like him for the second half of the season. Gives him game time, against better opposition.

Just now, Alessandro said:

Yeah that's fair enough, there aren't many quicker. Not meaning to be harsh, but he breezed past him. 

Just wondering if he is going to be more CB than RB in future....

Sterling’s acceleration past Robertson the other night was frightening.  I thought he was City’s best player.

15 minutes ago, Cider Army said:

For the love of god why isn't he back at city no way people can say he's not ready believe me motivate him week in week out he can easily play championship football.

On what do you base that analysis on? 

One decent game on live national TV?   :dunno:

LJ was probably watching the game so were Macca and Holden but I doubt they’ve drawn  the same conclusion as you,

9 minutes ago, Selred said:

A lot of Rotherham fans don’t rate Vyner unfortunately. Most were happy that Jones played against us (until he was sent off).

In regards to Semenyo, I wonder if any league 1 clubs would like him for the second half of the season. Gives him game time, against better opposition.

Leave him where he is as he is guaranteed regular football.

34 minutes ago, Hocca said:

That’s Tina daheley, 100% wasn’t her doing the interviews!

My mistake, who was it then because she looks like this?

I thought i was getting this wrong because the one I saw on TV looked better   :laugh:

This is the one I meant. Getting my channels muddled. She's on BT, I think

WELL nice

50 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Dave I would like to see him compliment our striker - the current encumbant is woeful, Darting runs in space but no end effect and refuses to get physical. Semenyo has the potential to be everything he is not, at the moment we may as well be playing  only ten as a space is taken up by a mostly ineffective powder puff

I dont get the criticism of Pato. I think he is a great player who is having to play in a  certain way due our current set up. Yas he is a small player but he is very skilful and has out some really big shifts in in our recent run. That is is not the best way to use him but is what he is being told to do.

16 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

I dont get the criticism of Pato. I think he is a great player who is having to play in a  certain way due our current set up. Yas he is a small player but he is very skilful and has out some really big shifts in in our recent run. That is is not the best way to use him but is what he is being told to do.

He’s been better in recent games but in general. He doesn’t produce anywhere near what he should and goes missing in games. Gives the ball away a lot after hanging onto it for too long when a simple pass is on. 

Apart from that he’s brilliant . 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I’m not knocking anyone, least of all Semenyo who had a decent game live on tv today.

I was simply pointing out that his performance was one game and live on national tv should be taken into consideration - and got slagged off for it............:sad26:

I wasn’t slagging you off, but have a (rare) Unicorn as you are feeling a bit sensitive. 

33 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s been better in recent games but in general. He doesn’t produce anywhere near what he should and goes missing in games. Gives the ball away a lot after hanging onto it for too long when a simple pass is on. 

he is trying to open defences, because there arent enough men forward to pass to imho. LJ plays him every match so there must be something better than a lot of the reviews he gets on here.

36 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

oh and the whole team can go missing sometimes this season....don't know why he is singled out.

50 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Do you actually watch him? In space he will run like hussein bolt, space disappears and it’s get rid at all costs and when he should be defending he stands off refusing to get involved unless a stray ball comes his way. The only plus in his style is the occasional good shot and that his forward runs do draw defenders!  In one game over Xmas his only tackle was on his own CF!

It’s a team game and he is one player that is not a team player!

Bobby Reid was a small player but he would challenge on every occasion he could, the difference? Guts!

12 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Do you actually watch him? In space he will run like hussein bolt, space disappears and it’s get rid at all costs and when he should be defending he stands off refusing to get involved unless a stray ball comes his way. The only plus in his style is the occasional good shot and that his forward runs do draw defenders!  In one game over Xmas his only tackle was on his own CF!

It’s a team game and he is one player that is not a team player!

Bobby Reid was a small player but he would challenge on every occasion he could, the difference? Guts!

yep and see him put in some good shifts. no he doesnt fly in to tackles, but he works hard to close people down in my view. Yes he can overelaborate but at least he is direct and doesnt always pass backwards.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s has played better of late and seems to now understand his role.  He’s working harder.  He isn’t gonna fly into tackles, that’s not his game...frustrating for us fans I agree.

A bit more output would help.

Dave what bugs me is that he will turn towards an attacker but without fail it’s only going through the motions, he turns away long before any contact can happen! 

Why does he start every game? Is it because LJ recognises his style as his own in his last season here - avoidance!

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s has played better of late and seems to now understand his role.  He’s working harder.  He isn’t gonna fly into tackles, that’s not his game...frustrating for us fans I agree.

A bit more output would help.

does the modern game really need people flying in to tackles?

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

Great player? Not in my book. Below average performer at this level.

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Ooh, don't. She really  is the business

There's always a spare seat going next to me in the Dolman, if she ever fancies watching a bit of quality , WINNING footy.

The offer is open , Reshmin

I've spoken to her and she is considering it, but one question from her, do you bring a flask and chocolate bar for half time?

Archived