IGNORED

Sack Adam Baker

Oh Louie louie

Morning guys first post ever here city fan in exile.

Il cut straight to the chase here.

The city fan from keynsham who passed away recently, There was applause Saturday in the 41th minute as you are aware.

I used to chat to the kiddie who passed away on Bedminster down hill a lot a few years ago, think he may of worked for a builder there.

Recall him from the cats coaches real sound kid proper city rip.

Anyway listening to radio Bristol on Saturday when the applause started Mr baker head of media communications was asked by chris hounor whats the loud applause about?

I dunno bakers said it may have been about a fan who died I dunno? In a really dismissive manner.

Seeing it was in the evening post and allover social media I found bakers comments distasteful to say the least.

A shout out wouldn't have hurted.

I  hope anyone else who listened to radio Bristol heard this.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Anyway listening to radio Bristol on Saturday when the applause started Mr baker head of media communications was asked by chris hounor whats the loud applause about?

Adam hasn't worked for the club for months

Many around me had no idea what the applause was about either as they don't come on here or use social media

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Adam hasn't worked for the club for months

Many around me had no idea what the applause was about either as they don't come on here or use social media

Same here - when similar tributes have been paid to those City who have passed on, there was sometimes a picture of the deceased portrayed on the big screens but not on Saturday.

That confused the guy next to me who asked what was going on.

Sad as it was to lose a fellow Red,  unless you contacted the club directly - and got a response to say his passing will be acknowledged, I don’t accept the club can be slated for being insensitive. 

I don’t know anyone who buys the Evil Post, let alone look at their hideous website and it’s not compulsory to track all threads on all social media so sadly we can only ask this is a lesson for anyone else in the future who expects ‘respect’, you have to get some buy in from the club to ensure you get the expected assistance. 

Apologies if this sounds a bit corporate but sometimes you have to play their game to get what you want. 

Archived