IGNORED

Eliasson - City’s Ronaldo

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

The lad was fantastic last night and his goal must rank up there with the best ever scored at the Gate. 

2 million could turn out to be a real bargain.

Well done Niclas . 

I really like him but this is way over the top. Thought he had a decent game but wasn't what I would describe as fantastic and the goal went straight through the keeper who should have done better 

27 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The lad was fantastic last night and his goal must rank up there with the best ever scored at the Gate. 

2 million could turn out to be a real bargain.

Well done Niclas . 

Best ever goal? It was good yes but slightly OTT.

30 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

I really like him but this is way over the top. Thought he had a decent game but wasn't what I would describe as fantastic and the goal went straight through the keeper who should have done better 

I thought far better than a “decent game.” Apart from his brilliant goal, who gave the assist for Callum? Who whipped in the ball for Fam? (who should have done better from 3 yards out) - NE panicked their defence every time he got the ball and linked up so well with his teammates. Confidence should have gone through the roof after that game.

Bit over the top Major. He is doing alright at the moment but there are still aspects of his game that he needs to develop like using his right foot more in situations where a pass with it would create havoc in the opposition penalty box; stopping to play ball with left foot loses momentum. His goal was well taken but hardly a worldie.

Now also read above and replace name of Eliasson with Callum O'Dowda.

I'm not being negative about either. Both played their part in another win.

First half was entertaining whereas second half was not so productive as we sat too deep allowing Bolton too much of the ball. Better sides than them might have punished us.

33 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

his goal must rank up there with the best ever scored at the Gate 

Morning Major!

Papers arrived yet Fawlty?

(etc)

As easy as it would be to call your comment eccentric - the goal was of an ilk that both Scott Murray and Greg Goodridge scored a few of, cutting in from the wing and popping it in the top corner - I’m going to back you up on this one Major.

As well as the little step over and having three defenders around him, it capped a stunning performance, am amazed that this is the first thread about Eliasson. Hasn’t started for weeks, yet comes in and abuses the defender, sets up one, scores another, and if Famara had converted the 2 put right across the face of goal, he’d have had another couple of assists too. He beat his opposite number literally every time the ball came over to him, and kept putting absolute darts into the six yard box.

For this to be a player who at best gets on our bench, shows how far this club has come. Absolutely insane. Calling him Ronaldo might be a bit much though Major, it’s not even six o’clock yet, you’ve started early. ?

He had a good game and out in some excellenct crosses, consistently beating his man, and a well taken goal tops it off.

Shoutout for COD who gets the same word for word description 

Not sure about best goal ever, Paul Hartley free kick vs Watford, Marvin Elliot vs Stoke, Bryan vs United are all better in my opinion 

Way over the top, he had a pretty decent game, a few outstanding moments, but still disappears for spells of the game. In one and a half seasons, he’s produced a few great moments, but not a lot else. If he can get a level of consistency to his game he will be a very decent Championship player, and maybe move to a higher level. Suspect he will be back on the subs bench next week.

I don't really count last season for Eliasson because he hardly featured, so what we're seeing now is really his first consistent season at championship level. He's a quality player who I think next season will really kick on. Him and O'Dowda on the wings with Palmer in the middle is now a no brainer. Along with Fam up top they linked up brilliantly. If Pato starts against Swansea it'll be ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Bit over the top Major. He is doing alright at the moment but there are still aspects of his game that he needs to develop like using his right foot more in situations where a pass with it would create havoc in the opposition penalty box; stopping to play ball with left foot loses momentum. His goal was well taken but hardly a worldie.

Now also read above and replace name of Eliasson with Callum O'Dowda.

I'm not being negative about either. Both played their part in another win.

First half was entertaining whereas second half was not so productive as we sat too deep allowing Bolton too much of the ball. Better sides than them might have punished us.

If Callum and Niclas attacked in both directions with both feet and effectively like they do on their left,  they would not be playing for us and would have been picked up by a top European club as teenagers years before they signed for us. Niclas has one of the best left pegs I have seen at the gate for a good while now. 

Both are have shown themselves to be class players for the level we are at, and keep them playing they will only get better.

The question now is can we get them both in the team or will LJ want to stick with Weimann for stability? I know if I were NE I would be peeved to not be starting the next league match after playing like that! 

51 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

All about opinions, but I reckon this one was better...

Oh, we're doing this are we?

Have a bit of Junior Bent with the Lidl-quality Cantona lob (and no, I am not serious)

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Seems like a good, level headed lad too

Is there any chance that in these press conferences that we could actually supply the "press" with a half decent microphone. Every one I listen to has shocking audio!!

Without deflecting away from Eliasson’s performance I give you;

Tomlin v Huddersfield 

Bryan v Man Utd

Rob Newman v Newport County

Jimmy Mann v Forest

Back to Eliasson, had a good game last night.  He has the beauty of being able to go off either foot, the first dribble he had he went on the outside and that created doubt for Noone for the rest of the game, meaning when he did go on his favoured left foot, he had that extra half yard.

He put in some lovely crosses last night...plus he battled hard for the ball too.

I said "IS THERE ANY CHANCE THAT IN THESE PRESS CONFERENCES THAT WE COULD ACTUALLY SUPPLY THE "PRESS" WITH A HALF DECENT MICROPHONE. EVERY ONE I LISTEN TO HAS SHOCKING AUDIO"

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Without deflecting away from Eliasson’s performance I give you;

Tomlin v Huddersfield 

Bryan v Man Utd

Rob Newman v Newport County

Jimmy Mann v Forest

Back to Eliasson, had a good game last night.  He has the beauty of being able to go off either foot, the first dribble he had he went on the outside and that created doubt for Noone for the rest of the game, meaning when he did go on his favoured left foot, he had that extra half yard.

He put in some lovely crosses last night...plus he battled hard for the ball too.

For me, there's a hint of a young Ole Solskjaer about him … have a look at some of the early videos on youtube 

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

His crossing is excellent. That little walshy step over then delivery is brilliant. Has a very bright future 

Whatever about the goal, he has got to be the best crosser of a ball in my 30 years watching City.   

Somehow he manages to drop the ball over the defenders head and onto Diedhou's or whoever is in there nearly every time.

I've been desperate to see O'Dowda and Eliasson start together and Palmer seems to make that work.   Morrell and Pack playing with such discipline gives us that solidity to free them both too.

Madness to not play him next week. Not a Weimann critic as such, cos he works his socks off and is an intelligent footballer

But let me know when you reckon we'll see him hit one like last night's goal

Great assist too, a real clever one to CO'D, lovely pacey crosses

I really like the guy, really do

Totally consistent? Of course not. He's a winger ffs

Archived