IGNORED

Rugby Markings Last Night

Up The City!

Just now, Up The City! said:

Quite surprised they were so prominent, the rugby played on it a week ago so would have expected them to be gone? Ive known the rugby to play on the Saturday and us on the Sunday and the markings have almost gone.

I bet they're a lot worse today.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

This crops up every couple of months or so, but am I the only one who couldn’t care less or more importantly hardly even notice the rugby markings? 

Yea i do care. It looks shite on TV. 

The rugby have not had a game on it for almost a week, there is no excuse for them lines to be there.

I'd say they are then because it makes the groundsman life a little easier for the rugby game today.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The rugby have not had a game on it for almost a week, there is no excuse for them lines to be there.

I'd say they are then because it makes the groundsman life a little easier for the rugby game today.

Good thing we weren’t on tv then

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I’ll usually be at AG watching it so really couldn’t care what it looks like on TV. Doesn’t seem to bother the players or even LJ and we know how precise he likes to be ie length of grass etc.

34 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I thought you went to the game?

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's not usually. Dolman stand is closed for today's game so guess it gave BT an extra option which they've chosen to utilise.

Assume its a case of a stand with fans in being seen on tv rather than an empty one

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I don’t give a shite that it looks shite on tv, give our groundstaff a break won’t you. Better to have it all prepared than be fined or something because we can’t get our pitch ready for the games. It doesn’t happen often, just deal with it.

41 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Can I just say I think our team of groundsmen work their arses off, especially since they've got to prepare the pitch for two different sports teams and are often working into the small hours to get the pitch ready.

Looking at the Millwall v Everton game I’m surprised how patchy the pitch  looks, I know it’s raining pretty heavily but it doesn’t just look just like puddles to me - or should I go to Specsavers??

11 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Looking at the Millwall v Everton game I’m surprised how patchy the pitch  looks, I know it’s raining pretty heavily but it doesn’t just look just like puddles to me - or should I go to Specsavers??

Just shows how right we were to invest in a Desso pitch. It’s had two games on it in two days and looks in better condition at the end than Millwall’s did at the start of their game. I think the groundstaff spend hours and hours looking after our pitch in all weathers so credit where it’s due, they do a fantastic job.

I like both sports and watch them both down the gate so don’t really care.

That said surely Pat could have 0.5 metre less width and LJ 0.5 metre more and we can have one permanent touch line for both in the middle of the current two which could then be scrubbed out permanently over a couple of weeks

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

There was definitely one time early on where the ball crossed the football line but not the rugby one in front of the Dolman and no throw in. It only happened that once though as far as I could tell.

Who's the cause of that?

Lee Johnson who changed the width of the pitch at start of last season. Probably the first change in football pitch size since we started playing at Ashton Gate in 1897 or 98? 

Taking less than a yard off each side. Why?

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Who's the cause of that?

Lee Johnson who changed the width of the pitch at start of last season. Probably the first change in football pitch size since we started playing at Ashton Gate in 1897 or 98? 

Taking less than a yard off each side. Why?

No idea but don`t let a topic about pitch markings stop you laying into LJ eh?

32 minutes ago, Tiree said:

Anyone else get the feeling some on here must have a list so long to gripe about something. A year ago they could complain the results did T quite fall for us and all the UNHAPPY CLAPPERS were out mocking any supporter who anything positive to post. They have nearly all gone back into their little holes but a couple of white lines, pies not quite perfect, farts from other fans - I suppose some people just love to be complaining?  Oh yes where are those LJ-OUT *****?! 

Fair point

@Up The City! has been a rebel for years 

:yes:

Nice to see LSD still exists mind......

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Assume its a case of a stand with fans in being seen on tv rather than an empty one

there were 2 sets of TV fans in the car park today. I guess there wasn't time to switch from the set of cameras doing the football to the rugby, so they decided to just stick the cameras in the empty stand.  

My theory with the lines is that they are deliberately leaving them visible for both the ruby and football.  City and the Rugby team are both used to them, but the opposition isn't.  Guardiola asked Johnson about them after the game a year ago, wondering if they were used by us..

Archived